Sign in to follow this  
Kobe_No_Means_No

2013-2014 Playoffs NBA Finals Game Thread

Jeez, we've been over this. Losing in the Finals isn't unprecedented. Dr. J was 2-3 in the NBA Finals as well.

My time to correct you Patrick. 1-3 in the finals. God, I hope I'm not wrong.

2-3 in the NBA Finals now for LeBron. Damn...

All that matters is 2 rings. 2 Finals MVPs. You win some, you lose some. it's hard to win in this league. He'll have more chances in the future.

Losses count too. Gotta take the good with the bad. There's a reason why Jordan is widely considered the best ever. 6 for 6, with the highest career regular season and post season scoring averages.

That's why Jordan will never be eclipsed. Lebron will never be MJ, but Lebron critics will keep beating this dead horse...

• Like 1

Jeez, we've been over this. Losing in the Finals isn't unprecedented. Dr. J was 2-3 in the NBA Finals as well.

My time to correct you Patrick. 1-3 in the finals. God, I hope I'm not wrong.

You got it. Mistakenly took one of his ABA ships.

It hammers the point even more.

• Like 1

I just thought it was funny. So to the LeBron lovers, don't get your panties in a bunch.

Actually, it's the Lebron haters who always seem to have their "panties in a bunch", whining and complaining about Lebron, finding every angle to diminish his achievements and beating the dead horse on all his failures. Meanwhile, the guy is a two-time champ, a class act on and off the floor, and he's never gotten into any trouble.

He's not a total class act. The Decision wasn't a class act, nicknaming himself "The Chosen One" and "King James" wasn't classy either. That's pretty much narcissism. Overall he's been a great role model but he has his flaws of making everything about himself time and time again.

Let's debate which nickname is most classy and least classy. His Airness, Sir Charles, Larry Legend, Black Mamba, King James, White Mamba, and Dr J. Let's put some serious thought into this and then rank them in class act based off of this.

I think Dr J is the least classy because he isn't really a Dr or went to school to become one. Every day thousands of doctors are out their saving lives and many of them are underpaid. These people don't have the physical blessings to be in the NBA, but they are very important to society. For some athlete to put them on the level of a Dr and mimicking an honorable profession disgusts me. My Dad went to school for 8 years to become a Dr to help people and put food on the table for his me and my family. For someone to just give himself that title without going through what my Dad went through is insulting to him and everyone like him.

Edited by brockpapersizer
  • Like 1

I just thought it was funny. So to the LeBron lovers, don't get your panties in a bunch.

Actually, it's the Lebron haters who always seem to have their "panties in a bunch", whining and complaining about Lebron, finding every angle to diminish his achievements and beating the dead horse on all his failures. Meanwhile, the guy is a two-time champ, a class act on and off the floor, and he's never gotten into any trouble.

He's not a total class act. The Decision wasn't a class act, nicknaming himself "The Chosen One" and "King James" wasn't classy either. That's pretty much narcissism. Overall he's been a great role model but he has his flaws of making everything about himself time and time again.

No one said Lebron is perfect. He's just flesh and blood, bro. Let's be fair.

Some NBA finals note that are fantasy related:

- Not touching wade in any h2h leagues next year unless available in round 7 or 8, which is not gonna happen. First, you know he will be rested a ton. Second, this finals just confirms that his performance during the ECF wouldn't be sustained. wade has lost his burst and explosiveness. Back then, when he drove to the basket, he drove strong and created contact, now he is shying away from contact and can't finish strong. Settling for floater after floater after floater. A SG with no 3s, ton of DNPs, and lost of athleticism? Give me deron williams over this guy

- LBJ is still a stud, but is too passive in many occasions. I've said this a million times already since the regular season

- Patty Mills will be a guy to track. He is a UFA.

- Kawhi will be overdrafted in many H2H leagues next year

- watch out for Norris Cole. Goodbye CHalmers I think, hello Cole. patrick beverley type of numbers I think.

- i hope Diaw starts consistently. Miss the phoenix triple double days

• Like 2

Gotta run, but as a Heat fan, I just wanted to say congratulations to the Spurs and their fans. The way they dismantled the Heat in 5 games was unreal. I think someone already said it best, that the ball movement, the high IQ ball that the Spurs demonstrated in these series can never be replicated by any team, from all 5 players on the floor, buying into the team concept to this degree... it's just unreal. Hats off the Spurs.

On another point, I think someone said that the Heat would've never made it past the West... well, yea, they would've lost to the Spurs. But even the way the Heat played this year, which was pretty mediocre, I believe they would've gone thru the West. You have to remember that the Spurs are a special, special team this year, and no one could've dismantled the Heat like they just did.

• Like 5

This series is about anger, revenge, and execution. The spurs deserve this series. Wade has been one of my favorite players since he entered this league. It was sad watching him. Literally watching the decline knowing What "Flash" used to be. I respect lebron. He's an amazing player. And if your an NBA fan in general it's fun watching that guy. Haters need to get off the man's nuts. If he's always in your mouth then your gay lol. The NBA is evolving and the Spurs are showing what basketball is at its highest level.

• Like 2

Gotta love Pop

"Kawhi thinks he did it all by himself" :D

Edited by det_tigers
  • Like 3

Anyone want to talk about old man Manu posterizing Chris Nam...er Bosh?

0dgpWD2.jpg

It's the Lebron's he is wearing.... :D That's how he did it.

• Like 2

As a Spurs fan, this one is so so so sweet. From incredible heartbreak to incredible triumph. We did it. Ever since that buzzer sounded after Game 7 and we had to watch them hoist up our trophy, it was The Spurs' mission to get back and redeem themselves. And they did just that. They didn't talk about it, they let their play and actions do the talking. Incredible season, incredible playoffs, incredible team. Been watching Spurs basketball since I was 4, and I've been privileged to see my favorite team win 5 championships. And of those 5, none have been as sweet as this seasons ride. Happy we got Timmy, Tony, and Manu one more, but also excited to see what Mr. MVP and Patty and company have in store for the future. See all you fellas next season. One last time, God Bless and Go Spurs.

• Like 7

I wonder if Tom Brady legacy is tarnished because he has lost 2 SB's since winning 3.

pretty much

Why is Joe Montana considered the best ever and not Peyton Manning? He went 4 for 4 and put up dominant numbers in his Super Bowls while Peyton played poorly in his Super Bowls, especially that last one. Losses DO matter to some extent. Like it or not people, they DO matter somewhat.

So Lebron is like Elway then?

I wonder if Tom Brady legacy is tarnished because he has lost 2 SB's since winning 3.

pretty much

Why is Joe Montana considered the best ever and not Peyton Manning? He went 4 for 4 and put up dominant numbers in his Super Bowls while Peyton played poorly in his Super Bowls, especially that last one. Losses DO matter to some extent. Like it or not people, they DO matter somewhat.

This will really depend on how lebron will bounce back from this. If he continues to dominate and wins say 3 more titles, this will be somewhat forgotten

Still celebrating, still holding a beer, still going crazy...Manu took that to the house...all I could picture was Chuck screaming "ginobiliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii"

Duncan hugging Pop was a classic moment. No need for any captions. And no words can describe that moment.

Almost brought a tear to my eyes seeing the gray hair on Duncan and gray beard...goddamn been a damn long ride...Undoubtedly greatest power forward of all time.

After Leonard's rookie year, Pop said he is a very special player and will be the face of the franchise once the big 3 era is done in SAS...no one believed him...Look who is the MVP of the NBA Final...scary thing is...Pop hardly design any offensive plays for him...kid is 22, once he is the main focal point of offense...watch out NBA...already a great defensive player...future is bright...

I'm so buzzzz right now...probably going to write more better replies in regard to the actually basketball of the game...but for now...it's celebration time baby! whooooooooooooooo

• Like 1

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS I'M AT LOSS FOR WORDS!

great to see a championship won by a team that didnt buy its star players...

hats off to san antonio for rebuilding my faith (slightly) in the nba

• Like 2

pretty much

not even close.

KD puts his foot in his twitter and has to delete these posts because he was getting killed. Jealousy isn't a kind look on most....

10455147_10204118334346904_4621083112600488670_n.jpg

KD puts his foot in his twitter and has to delete these posts because he was getting killed. Jealousy isn't a kind look on most....

For saying George > Leonard and that the system (and greatest coach in the game) helps him?

I was expecting something bad about LBJ. This looks nothing like jealousy to me. Looks like knowledgeable basketball conversation.

• Like 1

For saying George > Leonard and that the system (and greatest coach in the game) helps him?

I was expecting something bad about LBJ. This looks nothing like jealousy to me. Looks like knowledgeable basketball conversation.

Timing, my man....timing. If you don't get it, you don't get it.

• Like 1