Sign in to follow this  
Kobe_No_Means_No

2013-2014 Playoffs NBA Finals Game Thread

You can tease the Heat as a "bought" legacy, but I'll counter with the Spurs as a "tanked" legacy ;) (when they tanked and fortunately got the 1st pick, Tim Duncan).

Anyways, the buzz from beatwriters is that the Heat will start Rashard Lewis at PF (Bosh, Lebron, Wade, Chalmers). Battier is another option, but Shard should get the nod. The team has been very good with his resurgence, plus, the Heat have said that they're not waiting for Game 2 to make their moves.

Better than a bought dynasty.

Who cares how you win championships? And it's not like they are spending a whole lot more money than other teams.

I just got a SportsCenter notification saying Lebron stole the ball and dunked it in the first quarter.. for real? How is hat worth a notification?

I have the Lebron App on my Samsung Note 3. Basically it shows me every meal he's had during the playoffs.

You can tease the Heat as a "bought" legacy, but I'll counter with the Spurs as a "tanked" legacy ;) (when they tanked and fortunately got the 1st pick, Tim Duncan).

Anyways, the buzz from beatwriters is that the Heat will start Rashard Lewis at PF (Bosh, Lebron, Wade, Chalmers). Battier is another option, but Shard should get the nod. The team has been very good with his resurgence, plus, the Heat have said that they're not waiting for Game 2 to make their moves.

Spurs did not have any lottery picks since Duncan and 17 years later you are calling this team tanking legacy?

I do not know what you would call Cavs with what 3 1st pick in the last 4 years.

Edited by det_tigers

@det_tigers, notice I said I was "teasing"....relax ;)

If you're saying that the Spurs only "tanked" once, then Miami only "bought" once.

Edited by StreetCred

@Patrick Bateman, so the Spurs did adjust their coverage on Lebron.... ;) That's all I was saying.. I had a gut feel that Pop will do that.

Boris Diaw has been impressive. Rashard Lewis is so inconsistent, and practically looks like a liability for Miami on both ends.

Edited by Eternal
  • Like 1

Miami has to remember that Diaw will look to pass almost always. Manu was the key. He opened with two wide open 3s (bad defense) and Miami needs to pay much more attention to him. Miami facing a 5-point deficit on the road, but the bright side is that they generated lots of open shots that simply missed. Make or miss league. Ray missed 3 wide open 3s, tsk, but you gotta be happy with the looks. Wade's looking really good out there, and that's a really good sign for Miami for this series. Lebron is aggressive and needs to be, especially with the way they are guarding him. Rashard wasn't making his shots, but you gotta give him more chances. Splitter was able to stay on the floor, and it fortified the Spurs' interior defense.

As long as the Spurs can control their turnovers, esp the live ball turnovers, they will be fine

You know Wade's feeling good when he's attempting a 3, and you can see the lift.. it's a totally different Wade to start the Finals.

You know Wade's feeling good when he's attempting a 3, and you can see the lift.. it's a totally different Wade to start the Finals.

I too am very surprised with Wade's resurgence. This is bad news for Wade's future fantasy value though, because this good playoff run of his proves that the strategy Spo used during the regular season to sit Wade anytime possible worked wonders. Meaning Wade will be lucky to play 65 games from here on out

Jesus Shuttlesworth! Showing off he's still got some bounce in those legs...

When Ray Ray goes court to court and slams the dunk

you know this is not looking good..

The amount of TO's that the Heat are running out on in the last 5-7 minutes is just ridiculous. Spurs better start taking caring of the ball...

No AC in San Anonio, wheres Lance Stephenson when you need him

BpaiAJ6IIAATJ4i.jpg

(Just saw this on twitter... :lol:)

• Like 5

The only thing I really feel the Spurs need to do is take care of the TOs and they will win the series. They're not doing it today, but if they can still pull this one out despite having a very very sloppy game, this will be big for them and a huge blow for the heat

Get ready for all the "Heat" puns after this game...

Green getting hot! (...can't even avoid the puns myself :lol:)

Funny thing is, I read one tweet from either one CBS or ESPN expert that some of the things to expect because of the A/C malfunction wrote bunch of things including LBJ cramping.

This is a huge blow for the Heat. They controlled this game and forced many live ball TOs and still lost. I don't think the Spurs are going to be this sloppy again.

Predicted Spurs in 6, Spurs are definitely looking good.

Don't really understand to begin with why the Heat were considered favorites. Of course they have LBJ, but the Spurs are clearly the superior team, they have home court advantage too (which played a huge role last year). The Heat are good, but this team this year is not great. They just seemed invisible because the East sucks so much.

Edited by sya