Sign in to follow this  
Kobe_No_Means_No

2013-2014 Playoffs NBA Finals Game Thread

Gooo Spurs.

F THE HEAT

I can feel the hate.

Let them hate. Who cares? 2 rings and 4 Finals appearances. Enuf said. Let 'em hate and hate more, then drool.

Heat in 6. Steal 1 on the road then take care of business at home. It'll be harder to close out the Spurs if it reaches game 7 at their home.

#3PEATHEAT

10407242_654567814623648_7801376425584677468_n.jpg

"Bought Dynasty"

There's a funny term invented by haters. LeBron, Wade and Bosh all decided to play together and make a run for titles, what's wrong with that? They were all free agents at that time and were FREE to go where they want. It's not like the Heat organization FORCIBLY bought LeBron and Bosh from other teams.

If we are all gonna follow this "Haters' Logic", IS IT SAFE TO SAY then that that Laker Dynasty Shaq and Kobe built was also bought? Coz like LeBron and Bosh, THEN-FREE AGENT agent Shaq also decided to team up with Kobe for those titles.

Back in the old days teams did it the old fashioned way. You drafted and developed talent and put role players around them. Superstars didn't get together and decide to sign with the same team and do things the easy way. I'm glad my Chicago Bulls did it the "right way" with Jordan and Pippen for all those years. The way the Miami Heat did it is so artificial if you're an old school basketball fan. Just think of how weird it would've been to see Bird and Magic on the same team. There's alot of old school NBA talent and fans that don't like the way the Heat constructed this team. There is nothing WRONG with what LeBron did, it was just a pathetic cop out. Even Magic Johnson and Michael Jordan came out and said what LeBron did was taking the easy way out.

Magic Johnson on LeBron...

Basketball hall of famer Magic Johnson said he never would have joined with Larry Bird to win a championship the way LeBron James is teaming with Dwyane Wade.

“We didn’t think about it cause that’s not what we were about,” said Johnson. “From college, I was trying to figure out how to beat Larry Bird. It was never a question in our mind because nobody has ever done that,”

Jordan on LeBron...

"There's no way, with hindsight, I would've ever called up Larry [bird], called up Magic [Johnson] and said, 'Hey, look, let's get together and play on one team,'" Jordan said after playing in a celebrity golf tournament in Nevada. The interview aired on the NBC telecast of the event. "But that's ... things are different. I can't say that's a bad thing. It's an opportunity these kids have today. In all honesty, I was trying to beat those guys."

Edited by Doctor L
  • Like 2

Gooo Spurs.

F THE HEAT

I can feel the hate.

Let them hate. Who cares? 2 rings and 4 Finals appearances. Enuf said. Let 'em hate and hate more, then drool.

Heat in 6. Steal 1 on the road then take care of business at home. It'll be harder to close out the Spurs if it reaches game 7 at their home.

#3PEATHEAT

"Bought Dynasty"

There's a funny term invented by haters. LeBron, Wade and Bosh all decided to play together and make a run for titles, what's wrong with that? They were all free agents at that time and were FREE to go where they want. It's not like the Heat organization FORCIBLY bought LeBron and Bosh from other teams.

If we are all gonna follow this "Haters' Logic", IS IT SAFE TO SAY then that that Laker Dynasty Shaq and Kobe built was also bought? Coz like LeBron and Bosh, THEN-FREE AGENT agent Shaq also decided to team up with Kobe for those titles.

The outrage coming from Heat haters and other basketball fan in general is not that the 2 guys signed with the Heat, but because of how they orchestrated the whole scheme and it was pre-planned even before the summer of 2009. They all schemed to do this when they played together for team USA, and they played the whole league, Lebron and Bosh even Wade pretending to be interested in some other teams and even discussing with them, when all along they knew what their plan was, and I think secretly Wade informed Pat Riley of this big plan that's why he cleared all the cap space to accommodate the big 3. Bosh and Wade were the first to announce they were playing together, then they came out with a pic of the 2 of them together and having one empty chair the night before the decision.

I was one of those who disliked how these 3 screwed the entire league, but right now I have no problems with what they did. Sure it was cowardly and a cheap way to win a title, because they can't do it the old fashion way. But these guys were in their mid 20's back then, they were young and I think other people would love the idea of playing together with their friends too.

Moving forward though, I think this has paved way for the future of the NBA. Players asking for trades, choosing who they want to play with. It sucks because the parity of the league gets ruined, but that's how it will be now.

Gooo Spurs.

F THE HEAT

I can feel the hate.

#3PEATHEAT

"Bought Dynasty"

Back in the old days teams did it the old fashioned way. You drafted and developed talent and put role players around them. Superstars didn't get together and decide to sign with the same team and do things the easy way. I'm glad my Chicago Bulls did it the "right way" with Jordan and Pippen for all those years. The way the Miami Heat did it is so artificial if you're an old school basketball fan. Just think of how weird it would've been to see Bird and Magic on the same team. There's alot of old school NBA talent and fans that don't like the way the Heat constructed this team. There is nothing WRONG with what LeBron did, it was just a pathetic cop out. Even Magic Johnson and Michael Jordan came out and said what LeBron did was taking the easy way out.

Basketball hall of famer Magic Johnson said he never would have joined with Larry Bird to win a championship the way LeBron James is teaming with Dwyane Wade.

“We didn’t think about it cause that’s not what we were about,” said Johnson. “From college, I was trying to figure out how to beat Larry Bird. It was never a question in our mind because nobody has ever done that,”

Jordan on LeBron...

"There's no way, with hindsight, I would've ever called up Larry [bird], called up Magic [Johnson] and said, 'Hey, look, let's get together and play on one team,'" Jordan said after playing in a celebrity golf tournament in Nevada. The interview aired on the NBC telecast of the event. "But that's ... things are different. I can't say that's a bad thing. It's an opportunity these kids have today. In all honesty, I was trying to beat those guys."

Back in the days maybe things were different, but the Heat deal wasn't the first of its kind either.. Pierce, Garnett, Allen, e.g...

Gooo Spurs.

F THE HEAT

I can feel the hate.

#3PEATHEAT

"Bought Dynasty"

Jordan on LeBron...

Back in the days maybe things were different, but the Heat deal wasn't the first of its kind either.. Pierce, Garnett, Allen, e.g...

KG and Allen were traded though, that's out of their control. Just think of how weak it would've been to see Jordan leave the Bulls for the Pistons, the team he couldn't get past for years. Or to see Magic and Bird sign up together rather than going head to head. Because these superstars are all taking the easy cop outs these days, the NBA has so many garbage teams now and the quality on the floor just sucks. There's only a handful of teams every season that have a legit shot to win.

Edited by Doctor L
  • Like 2

Gooo Spurs.

F THE HEAT

I can feel the hate.

#3PEATHEAT

"Bought Dynasty"

The outrage coming from Heat haters and other basketball fan in general is not that the 2 guys signed with the Heat, but because of how they orchestrated the whole scheme and it was pre-planned even before the summer of 2009. They all schemed to do this when they played together for team USA, and they played the whole league, Lebron and Bosh even Wade pretending to be interested in some other teams and even discussing with them, when all along they knew what their plan was, and I think secretly Wade informed Pat Riley of this big plan that's why he cleared all the cap space to accommodate the big 3. Bosh and Wade were the first to announce they were playing together, then they came out with a pic of the 2 of them together and having one empty chair the night before the decision.

I was one of those who disliked how these 3 screwed the entire league, but right now I have no problems with what they did. Sure it was cowardly and a cheap way to win a title, because they can't do it the old fashion way. But these guys were in their mid 20's back then, they were young and I think other people would love the idea of playing together with their friends too.

Moving forward though, I think this has paved way for the future of the NBA. Players asking for trades, choosing who they want to play with. It sucks because the parity of the league gets ruined, but that's how it will be now.

There are still the salary caps though.. In that sense more reasonable than e.g. soccer, with teams like Man City with nearly endless oil sheikh funds for buying players.. Hope that NBA keeps the situation in control by at least limiting such "deep pockets"..

Gooo Spurs.

F THE HEAT

I can feel the hate.

#3PEATHEAT

"Bought Dynasty"

Jordan on LeBron...

KG and Allen were traded though, that's out of their control. Just think of how weak it would've been to see Jordan leave the Bulls for the Pistons, the team he couldn't get past for years. Or to see Magic and Bird sign up together rather than going head to head. Because these superstars are all taking the easy cop outs these days, the NBA has so many garbage teams now and the quality on the floor just sucks. There's only a handful of teams every season that have a legit shot to win.

KG, Allen.. yeah you're right, it's different.. And Jordan joining Pistons or Magic joining Celtics at the pinnacle of their careers / in the midst of the fairly even battles would've definitely sucked..

Still, I don't see the overall situation that different compared to what it was.. During Magic's and Bird's era you often had them competing for the title.. During Jordan's pinnacle time the Bulls were dominating, with varying challengers.. Then you had the Lakers.. Even in those times imo there seemed to always be just a handful of teams able to compete..

Nowadays, Mavs beat the Heat the first time.. Spurs almost beat the Heat last year.. Outside of those, Brooklyn without losing Lopez might have been able to contend.. Rockets show promise.. Clippers.. Warriors.. Bulls.. Indiana (?).. OKC with some depth added.. Imo, the competition isn't that one-sided, or different to that of the past.. In fact, I think more and more skilled/star players are springing up and the game has evolved in a way, that single players can't anymore dominate by themselves in a similar fashion.

Edited by Preparing the Kool-Aid

The competition would've been much more interesting if the Heat would've had to play in the West. Playing in the East they played a bunch of bad/inconsistent teams that probably wouldn't have even made the playoffs in the West, which is a shame for me as a basketball fan. How great would it have been to see the Heat have to play (for example) the Grizzlies, Thunder, and Clippers just to win their conference?

I think the league has pretty decent parity right now, it's just a fact that 7 game series make for fewer playoff upsets, and it's a strange coincidence that nearly all of the quality teams reside in the West, so the Heat end up having to win only one contentious series to win the championship, something that has realistically been true (sorry, I don't count an over the hill and shallow Boston team or the raw and undisciplined Pacers as truly legitimate competition) for the entirety of their dynasty.

I think the league has pretty decent parity right now, it's just a fact that 7 game series make for fewer playoff upsets, and it's a strange coincidence that nearly all of the quality teams reside in the West, so the Heat end up having to win only one contentious series to win the championship, something that has realistically been true (sorry, I don't count an over the hill and shallow Boston team or the raw and undisciplined Pacers as truly legitimate competition) for the entirety of their dynasty.

History will only remember that the Heat won 2 rings and 4 straight Finals appearances (so far). Just like history only remembers the Bulls' dominance, with no mention that the Bulls began winning during the expansion era, when the talent pool was dispersed and the elite competition became watered down.

I have no problem with Lebron, Wade and Bosh choosing to play with each other. Hey, they have that right to take matters into their own hands, just as teams have the prerogative to draft, trade away and waive players as they see fit. Magic and Jordan can talk about their era all they want, but that's a completely different time, just like 80's short shorts and hand checking.

Marcellus Wiley@marcelluswileyFollow

"I played w/a broken toe b4, but couldn't even stand up w/cramps. Lebron's at a disadvantage in heat because of his level of lean muscle mass."

I've gotten cramps in my calves in my sleep like LeBron did on the floor. It's pretty damn crippling when it's happening. I'll say that.

• Like 1

Yea, I've seen it happen to friends.. it looks so painful. I feel really bad for Lebron, you can tell by his post game comments that it hurt him to be unable to help his teammates during that stretch. Just horrible timing, circumstances. Manu and Parker commented that they were used to that kind of heat while playing overseas... Obviously, it hurt the Heat big time to be without Lebron on the floor, plus the effect on their psyche to see Lebron limping to the bench, but still, the Heat had some huge blunders during the end of that game...They could've closed it out much better, and they need to address a few things, such as their pick-and-roll coverage on Duncan/Splitter... way too easy. The Spurs may have turned it over 22 times, but they helped their cause by shooting lights out all game long.. The Heat need to clean up a few things for Game 2, and they're known to bounce back well.

Spurs will not turn it over as much next game and will obviously be better. Good chance for them to go up 2-0!

Still laughing at Lebrony bitch a** cramping up! For being one of the all time greats his game is boring to watch,

• Like 3

Lebron's at a disadvantage in heat because of his level of lean muscle mass."

Well, that kind of explains why Boris Diaw's playing like a beast right?

• Like 1

I still laugh at people saying Lebron is one of the 5 best players ever. He is not. The NBA is so water down these days. It doesn't help that the players don't attend college as many years as they did in the past. Many players just are not NBA ready. Just look at the Heat, they've been dominating the league the last couple years with 3 players. They don't even have a center. In addition I have seen Lebron choke in the big game more than he should. He has been better the last couple years, but he used to pass up taking game winning shots and dribbled the ball of his feet too many times. If he was so great he would have taken Cleveland to championships. He had no confidence in himself to do it either. Why could he have not brought Wade and Bosh to Cleveland? It is so funny the people only recall what is in front of them. Just because he is the best player in today's game and the Heat are the best team today doesn't make them the best of all time.

• Like 1

Lebron's at a disadvantage in heat because of his level of lean muscle mass."

Well, that kind of explains why Boris Diaw's playing like a beast right?

Ha, ha, ha. Well done. It could have gotten as hot as the sun in there and Boris would be okay.

I still laugh at people saying Lebron is one of the 5 best players ever. He is not. The NBA is so water down these days. It doesn't help that the players don't attend college as many years as they did in the past. Many players just are not NBA ready. Just look at the Heat, they've been dominating the league the last couple years with 3 players. They don't even have a center. In addition I have seen Lebron choke in the big game more than he should. He has been better the last couple years, but he used to pass up taking game winning shots and dribbled the ball of his feet too many times. If he was so great he would have taken Cleveland to championships. He had no confidence in himself to do it either. Why could he have not brought Wade and Bosh to Cleveland? It is so funny the people only recall what is in front of them. Just because he is the best player in today's game and the Heat are the best team today doesn't make them the best of all time.

wow obviously a lebron hater. not a big lbj fan, but this is so wrong.

lbj ill be a top 5 player of all time, and might be the goat years down the road. yes the nba today is less physical, but just look at the skill set of this guy, there is no player ever who has the size, agility, ball handling and overall basketball skills that lbj has. just speaking strictly on talent, he is more talented than mj, but mj had more of the xfactor, he is more clutch and a better leader etc.

it is true the heat are dominating without a true center, and how do you think that is possible? because they have lbj who cn do almost everything. you can argue that competition is weak etc, but from the east alone, they defeated the boston big 3, a very tough bulls team during rose's mvp season. beat a talented thunder team for the title, the spurs last year. and who sid lbj isn't clutch? is it because he passes up during a last shot to an open team mate? come on now. people have a short memory. even when he was in cleveland lbj was clutch. remember the series vs washington in round 1 against arenas and company? lbj had at least 2 game winners there and carried the team on his back. this guy scored 25 straight points in a road win against the pistons during the conference finals. and just right before he left cleveland, his last game there was a game 7 against boston where he and pierce had one of the best one on one match-ups in playoff history.

he couldn't lead cleveland to a title? have you seen what happened to cleveland after lbj left them? they became the worst team in the league. the 2nd best player for cleveland that time- none other than mo williams. that speaks for itself.

and lastly, you say why didn't he just invite wade and bosh to sign with him in cleveland? because cleveland didn't have the cap space. jeez. cleveland was over the cap and all they could do was re-sign lbj and nothing else.

i am not a fan of what the big 3 did, but saying these things just shows that you're a lebron hater.

Edited by sya
  • Like 4

wow obviously a lebron hater. not a big lbj fan, but this is so wrong.

lbj ill be a top 5 player of all time, and might be the goat years down the road. yes the nba today is less physical, but just look at the skill set of this guy, there is no player ever who has the size, agility, ball handling and overall basketball skills that lbj has. just speaking strictly on talent, he is more talented than mj, but mj had more of the xfactor, he is more clutch and a better leader etc.

it is true the heat are dominating without a true center, and how do you think that is possible? because they have lbj who cn do almost everything. you can argue that competition is weak etc, but from the east alone, they defeated the boston big 3, a very tough bulls team during rose's mvp season. beat a talented thunder team for the title, the spurs last year. and who sid lbj isn't clutch? is it because he passes up during a last shot to an open team mate? come on now. people have a short memory. even when he was in cleveland lbj was clutch. remember the series vs washington in round 1 against arenas and company? lbj had at least 2 game winners there and carried the team on his back. this guy scored 25 straight points in a road win against the pistons during the conference finals. and just right before he left cleveland, his last game there was a game 7 against boston where he and pierce had one of the best one on one match-ups in playoff history.

he couldn't lead cleveland to a title? have you seen what happened to cleveland after lbj left them? they became the worst team in the league. the 2nd best player for cleveland that time- none other than mo williams. that speaks for itself.

and lastly, you say why didn't he just invite wade and bosh to sign with him in cleveland? because cleveland didn't have the cap space. jeez. cleveland was over the cap and all they could do was re-sign lbj and nothing else.

i am not a fan of what the big 3 did, but saying these things just shows that you're a lebron hater.

We disagree. Jordan and Magic didn't have his skill set? Bird even? I would take those three over him. May I ask how old you are? The NBA is so watered down. I said he was the best player in the game TODAY. Call me a hater if you like.

i watched mj in all of his title runs. and magic in his prime too. i know how they play, i am not a big lbj fan, but this guy is more talented than those guys, maybe not better than mj, but just more talented.

lbj is almost the size of karl malone who can play the pg position, and can play all 5 positions. he can post up, distribute the ball, slash, and an improving outside shot too. his defense is also above average. jordan is amazing, but can he be a true pg, he can play it at times, but not do it for an extended period. can he play the position of pf or center? no. bird is good, but other than shooting, lbj trumps him in everything else

i am not saying lbj is the best of all time, but i think he is gonna be at least s top 5 for sure when it is all said and done.

• Like 2

i watched mj in all of his title runs. and magic in his prime too. i know how they play, i am not a big lbj fan, but this guy is more talented than those guys, maybe not better than mj, but just more talented.

lbj is almost the size of karl malone who can play the pg position, and can play all 5 positions. he can post up, distribute the ball, slash, and an improving outside shot too. his defense is also above average. jordan is amazing, but can he be a true pg, he can play it at times, but not do it for an extended period. can he play the position of pf or center? no. bird is good, but other than shooting, lbj trumps him in everything else

i am not saying lbj is the best of all time, but i think he is gonna be at least s top 5 for sure when it is all said and done.

Depends on what you mean by extended period. Jordan played PG in the 89' season for 24 games. He triple doubled in 10 of them.

Bird was a better rebounder than Lebron. It's close on passing although probably slightly favors Lebron. Totally different situations because Bird had a true PG but he was a great passer. Lebron is too.....No doubt Lebron is the better physical specimen which helps him do certain things like defend and take the ball to the hole.

This thread is painful to read. Heat bandwagon fans are the absolute worst

• Like 1

Please do not compare Lbj to MJ. sit back & try to enjoy the finals.

We all know that Bulls would've 8-peated if he didn't retire.. that's why he is undisputed GOAT.

• Like 3

Talent is only one aspect. There is a lot more to making a great basketball player. As a player no way is LBJ in the top ten pf all time.

The NBA is so watered down today. No way a team of 3 players could compete against the teams of the seventies, eighties or even nineties. Nice power forward the Heat has. Rashard Lewis had 0 Rbs, 0 BS, 0 As, and 0 St. Chalmers there starting PG has 1 assist and 5 turnovers.

No doubt today's athletes are better physical specimens, but being a physical specimen does not make you the best of all time.

LBJ cramped out again yesterday. This aint the first time. People make all kinds of excuses for this guy but there were 30 other players yesterday and none of them cramped out because of the heat. Is a cramp even an injury? How great of a physical specimen is he to keep exciting big games with cramps? Lebron would not be tough enough to compete with yesterdays real players.