Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mattlol

Which draft slot is the best in an 8 man league?

So my league is only going to be 8 teams this year. The way the draft order is selected we get to pick our spots. Let's say I win the right to claim my spot first. Should I take the first pick or should I go with another spot? I've never played in a league so small before so I'm not sure where to select.

Standard ESPN scoring with .5 PPR.

Idk man. It depends. Is there a player in the first round that you have your heart set on?

All teams are going to be loaded in a 8 team league. So all take a top 3 pick and get Mccoy, Charles or AP.

I have played in an 8 team league before and what youngrice said is true. Every team is loaded. So yes, I would take top 3 if available.

All teams are going to be loaded in a 8 team league. So all take a top 3 pick and get Mccoy, Charles or AP.

Seconded.

I hate being in the middle picks of any draft, too much uncertainty determining who will be left when it's your pick. With 1st and last pick you always have to take two picks in a row, so going first in an 8 man is a no brainer...unless you don't want the tough decision of shady or Charles. Then take the third pick haha.

Ended up drawing 7th and have the 5th pick. Thanks for the advice. I wish I could have gotten a top 3 pick after reading these comments. Hopefully two teams go QB in the top 4.

Unless you mess it up, all 8 teamers are loaded. At this point, I prefer the 5-6 spot in 10+ team leagues because I can get a guy like Forte or Lacy. But in an 8 team league value is all over the place so I'd go for #1.