Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Resrup24

Jose Peraza - SS/2B CIN

Stolen Base machine. He destroyed A+ and was promoted to AA where he continues to get on base and score. In 284 AB's at A+ he had .342 avg, .365 OBP to go along with 44 runs and 35 SB's. After his promotion, in 27 AB's he batting .481 with .500 OBP.

He's still a ways off, and obviously he's blocked at SS for the foreseeable future, so 2B is probably a better fit. The Braves also need a true lead off man. I feel like his future may be pretty bright.

He needs to learn to work a walk. Currently a 3% BB rate. With his speed this would be huge.

I don't understand this whole walk thing, for Christ sakes he's batting 330 or better, who cares if he's walking if he's hits scuds everywhere. The walk is overrated, I mean I understand when a guy is batting 200 an has a ton of strikeouts but to just simply say the guy is no good because he doesn't walk is ludacris. See ball...... Hit ball. It's that simple and if he's hitting strikes and not walking then I don't see a problem with that.

I don't understand this whole walk thing, for Christ sakes he's batting 330 or better, who cares if he's walking if he's hits scuds everywhere. The walk is overrated, I mean I understand when a guy is batting 200 an has a ton of strikeouts but to just simply say the guy is no good because he doesn't walk is ludacris. See ball...... Hit ball. It's that simple and if he's hitting strikes and not walking then I don't see a problem with that.

Haha, nice mock post dude.

I never said "the guy is no good". I have no idea where you're taking that from.

I stated he needs to learn to take a walk. Every player has weaknesses in their game that can use improvements ... even Trout.

I never said "the guy is no good". I have no idea where you're taking that from.

I stated he needs to learn to take a walk. Every player has weaknesses in their game that can use improvements ... even Trout.

Not Polonco.....

Clearly joking but this guy will develop. I think he has a bright future in the MI. If La Stella doesn't do much he could be up middle to end of next year

He's one of the guys skyrocketing up the charts this year. Will be on nearly every top 100 list next season and arguably the Braves top prospect now

Any chance he's up THIS year? He's absolutely scaldin double A right now .... 364 AVG

Any chance he's up THIS year? He's absolutely scaldin double A right now .... 364 AVG

I think his future is at 2b, and with la Stella up there is really no spot for him. I don't think we see him this year

Agree with Klove -- I think we see him in ST next year competing with LaStella for the job. Peraza's got the better bat and glove long term, so 2B is probably his. ATL will have the MI locked down for the next half decade with Peraza and Simmons both competing for gold gloves. Add in the fact that he's profiling like a legit leadoff bat, and Bravos' fans are pretty excited to see him up.

Now if we could find some stupid team to take on BJ's contract.

Agree with Klove -- I think we see him in ST next year competing with LaStella for the job. Peraza's got the better bat and glove long term, so 2B is probably his. ATL will have the MI locked down for the next half decade with Peraza and Simmons both competing for gold gloves. Add in the fact that he's profiling like a legit leadoff bat, and Bravos' fans are pretty excited to see him up.

Now if we could find some stupid team to take on BJ's contract.

Since he profiles as a leadoff Bat the Braves will most likely hit him seventh. I'm still pretty shocked Freddi hasn't moved Freeman to leadoff yet just because

Might be looking at the next Jose Altuve. A second baseman with great contact rates but doesn't walk, has no power, and he can steal a base.

Trouble is La Stella is actually a solid real life second baseman, so he could be blocked.

Might be looking at the next Jose Altuve. A second baseman with great contact rates but doesn't walk, has no power, and he can steal a base.

Trouble is La Stella is actually a solid real life second baseman, so he could be blocked.

Depth is always a good problem to have, but I wonder if they would move someone to third? I'm not sure on Johnsons contract situation

Depth is always a good problem to have, but I wonder if they would move someone to third? I'm not sure on Johnsons contract situation

The Braves might try converting Peraza into an OF like Alcantara and Betts. He's seems fast enough to play center.

In terms of upside, Peraza obviously has more to offer than La Stella at 2B, but the problem is La Stella has done nothing to lose the job and is, in fact, doing quite well. And he's an All Star by Dan Uggla standards.

Moving one of them to third is an intriguing option, but unfortunately neither one of them has any real experience at the hot corner.

I would think OF would be an option before 3B. Not sure what Johnson's contract is either, but they could easily upgrade on him in the future. That being said, 3B is traditionally a power position, so I don't necessarily see them hoping to move a guy there.

LaStella could end up in the OF or as a super-utility guy. I think Peraza's gonna end up taking the gig. LaStella isn't a bad player… but Peraza will win gold gloves on D, and is likely a better hitter too.

I would think OF would be an option before 3B. Not sure what Johnson's contract is either, but they could easily upgrade on him in the future. That being said, 3B is traditionally a power position, so I don't necessarily see them hoping to move a guy there.

LaStella could end up in the OF or as a super-utility guy. I think Peraza's gonna end up taking the gig. LaStella isn't a bad player… but Peraza will win gold gloves on D, and is likely a better hitter too.

I agree. I think the combo of Simmons and pereza will really excite and really save some runs for ATl. La Stella also seems like the guy who is willing to do what it takes to play. I could see him playing the OF or moving where ever, but the OF is probably a better fit for him than third.

3/4 with another SB. He has a SB in 9 straight games and Double A average up to .375 This guy is an absolute diamond in the rough IMO.

3/4 with another SB. He has a SB in 9 straight games and Double A average up to .375 This guy is an absolute diamond in the rough IMO.

Truth be told, if ATL didn't have Simmons and Peraza was still playing gold glove level SS, he'd probably be much more highly regarded on prospect lists. The knock is limited power potential -- he's probably got less than Lindor. But the defense in the middle of the infield is hugely valuable, and he can rake. Line drive machine who will hit it anywhere. Doesn't walk much either, and doesn't drive the ball. So while he's flawed, if he was still playing the more valuable defensive position, I think he'd get a lot more hype.

I sincerely hope ATL doesn't ship him away for something silly at the deadline. He's probably the most attractive trade chip they have outside of the minor league arms, which haven't exactly flourished this year.

With Simmons possibly headed to the DL, I am here to speculate as to whether or not Peraza could get the call. I am sure it is somewhat of a long shot, but it might be a good time to figure out what they have in Peraza at the MLB level before Spring Training next year.

With Simmons possibly headed to the DL, I am here to speculate as to whether or not Peraza could get the call. I am sure it is somewhat of a long shot, but it might be a good time to figure out what they have in Peraza at the MLB level before Spring Training next year.

It's an interesting thought...

But I doubt it happens.

Whispers of him moving to center. ...interesting

Assuming to replace BJ Upton. Sounds similar to what Betts did in Boston.

Or ironically, what BJ Upton did when he was a young player with the Rays.