Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Resrup24

Jose Peraza - SS/2B CIN

La Stella to Cubs frees up second base for Jose. Can he seize it out of spring? He still likely needs another year in the minors. He's got potential for avg and SBs.

La Stella to Cubs frees up second base for Jose. Can he seize it out of spring? He still likely needs another year in the minors. He's got potential for avg and SBs.

If you look at how they handled Andrelton Simmons, he got the call after only 44 games in AA. Why do I mention this? Peraza played exactly 44 games in AA last season. He could definitely win the job out of Spring Training.

This has to open the door for Peraza. You would think the Braves are clearly willing to give the kid a legit shot to win the job in the spring to make this trade... at least I hope so !!

He's been added to the 40 man roster.

After trading La Stella and DFA'ing Peña, as far as I can tell the Braves have Gosselin, Pastornicky, and Peraza contending for 2B.

I'd personally prefer Peraza.

Peraza is who I prefer as well. I doubt he starts in the bigs tho. They will most likely wait a bit to keep that extra yr of control.

What are the chances this guy wins the job out of Spring? Personally, I don't see anything to get excited about at second on the Braves, and seeing as it looks like they're getting younger to make a strong push in a few years, is there a chance they let Peraza start the season with them?

What are the chances this guy wins the job out of Spring? Personally, I don't see anything to get excited about at second on the Braves, and seeing as it looks like they're getting younger to make a strong push in a few years, is there a chance they let Peraza start the season with them?

Is there a chance? Of course. But I personally wouldn't start him in the majors this year. There's no reason to start his clock this early when they are looking to have a winning team when their ballpark opens in 2017 (I think that's the year). It's not like he has a ton of minor league experience anyway.

If anything play Jace Peterson this year and find out if he's really a starter on the next good Braves team.

I thought the same about Odor and the Rangers brought him up. If he proves he can handle it in spring, I hope they give him a legitimate chance to start the season in the majors.

They need to get people in the seats too, so there's always that. Peraza would provide a dose of excitement in a line-up that is lacking it outside of Freeman.

I thought the same about Odor and the Rangers brought him up. If he proves he can handle it in spring, I hope they give him a legitimate chance to start the season in the majors.

The difference is Odor was clearly the best in house option and Texas thought they could win last year. Atlanta doesn't think they can win this year and I could build an argument that Peterson is a better in house option and more mlb ready right now on the field. And that's before the economic impact of starting Peraza's clock in 2015 is taken into account.

The difference is Odor was clearly the best in house option and Texas thought they could win last year. Atlanta doesn't think they can win this year and I could build an argument that Peterson is a better in house option and more mlb ready right now on the field. And that's before the economic impact of starting Peraza's clock in 2015 is taken into account.

One could argue Sardinas was just as capable as Odor was in filling that void as well. Sardinas was also the less heralded prospect of the two and it would have been smarter to start his clock first. That said, if the Braves staff pitches the way they're capable of, that team can compete. We've seen some crappy hitting teams with good pitching go far in the past... most recently the Royals. John Hart has recently said that they have every intention of contending now. While it doesn't seem likely, strangers things have happened.

with the possibility of being traded to the yankees, would he be called up almost immediately? any one know any info on this. probably premature to be picked up in fantasy leagues but wondering some info?

Seems unlikely that the Braves would trade him unless they were blown away. They might be comfortable with Jace Peterson as their 2B of the future, but he's not close to being a sure thing.

Seems unlikely that the Braves would trade him unless they were blown away. They might be comfortable with Jace Peterson as their 2B of the future, but he's not close to being a sure thing.

yanks are willing to give up gary sanchez their big catching prospect, i wouldnt be surprised if it happened...

yanks are willing to give up gary sanchez their big catching prospect, i wouldnt be surprised if it happened...

If I'm the Braves, I would want more than Gary Sanchez. I know he has been young for his level coming up, but the numbers are somewhat underwhelming and there are real concerns about his future as a catcher. Considering that the Braves couldn't move him to First, it seems unlikely.

Sanchez is more than likely the latest Yankee catcher prospect to be overhyped and disappoint.

Sanchez is more than likely the latest Yankee catcher prospect to be overhyped and disappoint.

Brace yourself, Aaron Judge is coming.

So a non-top 100 prospect for the #54 prospect when the Braves already have a pretty decent young catcher? That Yankee voodoo doesn't work anymore ;)

Pretty sure either Severino or Judge would have to be a starting point.

So a non-top 100 prospect for the #54 prospect when the Braves already have a pretty decent young catcher? That Yankee voodoo doesn't work anymore ;)

Pretty sure either Severino or Judge would have to be a starting point.

2 prospects, one being gary sanchez and another middle tier guy. i smell a lot of yankee ::cough:: jealousy ::cough:: .. i mean hatred, going on over here #cashmanforpres :blink::ph34r: