Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Resrup24

Jose Peraza - SS/2B CIN

2 prospects, one being gary sanchez and another middle tier guy. i smell a lot of yankee ::cough:: jealousy ::cough:: .. i mean hatred, going on over here #cashmanforpres :blink::ph34r:

Nah, I like the Yankees. I don't like when fans of teams in general post very favorable trades for their teams and try to justify them. Regardless of what team it is, even if it's my team.

I'm looking at my prospect guide from HQ and Sanchez is the #7 Catching prospect while Peraza is #1 2b. Not that it means much on it's own, but is the current catching prospect core that good that the #7 guy is worth a whole lot?. Strikes me as not many catching prospects make an impact. I'd say at most one guy a year gets called up and is good, sometimes 2, but sometimes 0.

If Sanchez is a future stud C, then either the prospect rankings are pretty wrong or we're about to see a decent amount of good guys come up and be around for a while. As someone who loves 2 catcher leagues, I hope this happens.

Sounds like the Yankees want to become the 1980s cardinals. I think it would take a lot more than sanchez. Aren't there questions about his ability to stick behind the plate?

Seems unlikely that the Braves would trade him unless they were blown away. They might be comfortable with Jace Peterson as their 2B of the future, but he's not close to being a sure thing.

yanks are willing to give up gary sanchez their big catching prospect, i wouldnt be surprised if it happened...

QH8eHZZ.png

judge >>>

ive read the opposite inregards to gary but its all speculation anyway... if sanchez and a pitching prospect cant get it done, id say stay put

judge >>>

ive read the opposite inregards to gary but its all speculation anyway... if sanchez and a pitching prospect cant get it done, id say stay put

I think Judge's offensive upside is higher, but as a prospect, I'd rather have Jose, especially with defense being important.

Any chance this Stolen Base monster at the MI position is up by the end of the month? Jace Peterson is clearly no the answer. Why not let Peraza get the experience he needs so they can contend next year?

Any chance this Stolen Base monster at the MI position is up by the end of the month? Jace Peterson is clearly no the answer. Why not let Peraza get the experience he needs so they can contend next year?

Anything is possible. If Peterson had continued to struggle and kept losing playing time to Gosselin and Callaspo, then I would say definitely. But Peterson has been doing a decent job over the last ten games. It makes sense for them to give him an extended look and make sure that he's not an answer anywhere.

I would say that Peraza comes up some time in June.

I also think with June 15 Super 2 deadline close that may be Peraza's timeline. I picked him up with that in mind anyway. BTW the Super 2 deadline is different for every team depending upon rainouts, suspended games so the date is just approximate. Peraza will sell tickets and that in itself is no small deal to a team accustomed to the playoffs, now in rebuilding mode.

Started in Center Field last night, the versatility can only help speed up his arrival.

Braves prospect Jose Peraza has been moved to center field at Triple-A Gwinnett.

Advice: Peraza had already moved from shortstop to second base due to the presence of Andrelton Simmons and now is going from second to center field because of Jace Peterson. It remains to be seen if the switch is permanent, but it could give the 21-year-old a quicker path to the majors. Of course, Cameron Maybin has started to look really good himself in center field of late. Peraza is batting .293/.333/.379 with two homers and 14 steals for Gwinnett this season.

---

So what are ya'll thoughts? With Maybin playing well, this moves seems baffling, unless they plan on trading him? I thought the plan was moving Peterson to 3B, not letting Uribe becoming the play there. Strange. Hope he's up soon tho

If he can play CF, he should be more than capable of playing LF... where the Braves have a revolving door(where either player could play). Moving him to CF first better gives them a better idea of his athleticism. While Maybin is playing well, they may not view him as a long term option there... it's not like he's shown in the past he's more than an average player. The Braves are just keeping their options open.

If he can play CF, he should be more than capable of playing LF... where the Braves have a revolving door(where either player could play). Moving him to CF first better gives them a better idea of his athleticism. While Maybin is playing well, they may not view him as a long term option there... it's not like he's shown in the past he's more than an average player. The Braves are just keeping their options open.

Exactly- whether they move Peraza or Maybin to left, that's the quickest path to the majors for this guy. Hopefully, he gets the call shortly after the super 2 date (June 20th)?

What this development is....is a huge vote of confidence in Jace Peterson

Yeah, if it's a permanent move it kills basically all of his keeper/dynasty value for me. Not that a potential 50 steal outfielder is chopped liver but there's a handful of players that can give you close to that already.

Peterson is a UTIL guy. He's going to be one of those jack of all trades INF who has a long career in the big league due to his speed, versatility, and like-ability. He's the guy on the bench every coach wants. Mallex Smith is the Atlanta Braves center fielder of the future. I wouldn't worry about Peterson taking Peraza long term gig at 2nd.

You don't move Maybin or Peraza to LF because ideally you have a LF with some pop. Same with moving Peterson to 3B where Rio Ruiz is hopefully the long term answer. This doesn't mean that Peraza won't play second base when he comes it just gives the Braves more options. Maybin still has a lot to prove before the Braves start making moves with in mind as a future piece. They do love Mallex Smith but hes farther away from the bigs than Peraza

Really it would be better for Peterson to get time in CF to prepare him for that super utility role but he's already in the bigs so its Peraza that will get CF time.

Ideally you want a LF, RF, and 3rd baseman with some pop, but the Braves aren't working with an ideal group of options. Maybin has as much pop as everyone they've been rotating in left sans Gomes... who sucks. When Peraza is promoted and if the Braves feel Maybin/Peraza/Markasis are their best options for the time being, it's likely the lineup you'll see regardless if they have enough pop for the position... they don't have that now. Smith is 22 already and playing well in Double A. They aren't going to rush him but you'll likely see him up in 2016... which makes him closer to the bigs than you think.

Maybin's scorching hot, Peterson doing okay, and old man Uribe blocking Peterson from moving to third?

Maybin's scorching hot, Peterson doing okay, and old man Uribe blocking Peterson from moving to third?

Agree on Maybin, but really thought Peraza would come up & one of the 2 would just slide over to LF.

He's really starting to heat up. 6 multi-hit games in his last 10.

While he's certainly a solid prospect, I think he's a guy who possesses more fantasy value perhaps than actual value, because of the ridiculously high SB numbers he could potentially put up. Because of that (and the scarcity of solid 2B in fantasy), I think he could be one of the biggest impact callups remaining in fantasy this year, once he manages to get promoted.

He certainly seems like he's ready for a shot at MLB, but where are the braves going to play this guy? I think it's safe to say that the Braves organization would have safely penciled him in at 2B by this point in the season if you had asked them back in the winter. But I don't think anyone thought Jace Peterson would be this effective there. Moving Jace to 3b would seem to make some sense, but they currently have Uribe/Chris Johnson there, and Jace has been so valuable at 2b defensively. I really don't buy into the idea of putting him in the OF either: that just does not seem the right fit for him.

Needs an injury

. Why not use him like the Red Sox used Brock Holt... 3b, as, 2b, OF... Pinch hits, pinch runs... Interleague opens up the DH spot for the Braves. Even if at some point he comes up, he most likely bats low in the order to start ? All speculation, he could be an asset in their style of offense.