Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stopmakingsense

Anthony Davis 2014-2015 Season Outlook

So what really happened? I'm confused how can someone be carried off be ok minutes later? Is this groin or knee? Conflicting reports

So what really happened? I'm confused how can someone be carried off be ok minutes later? Is this groin or knee? Conflicting reports

Likely just shock, but he did appear to still be in pain after he came back. Hopefully its a day rest type of thing.

his hip/left groin collided with Faried who got the steal on an Alley-oop attempt in the air, and he landed bad on his left leg.

Anthony Davis (groin) has a Grade 1 abductor strain and will be listed as day-to-day.

Though not great news, this is much better than the original reaction when Davis went down Wednesday night. We'll consider him questionable for Friday's game against the Clippers, while Ryan Anderson, Alexis Ajinca, and Omer Asik would stand to benefit if Davis is unable to play.
Symptoms
  1. A mild (Grade 1) groin strain may not be very painful and may not limit mild or moderate physical activity.

Grade 1 symptoms usually disappear within a week

Got this information from a creditable website, rest it out a week AD and come back strong next week.

That's the price you have to pay for 1.6 steals and 2.9 blocks a game. Hopefully he will learn that it's not really worth it. I'll gladly take 1.2 steals and 2.5 blocks in 80 games a year rather than 2 steals 3 blocks in 60 games.

That's the price you have to pay for 1.6 steals and 2.9 blocks a game. Hopefully he will learn that it's not really worth it. I'll gladly take 1.2 steals and 2.5 blocks in 80 games a year rather than 2 steals 3 blocks in 60 games.

Yeah I know, his style in always using his athleticism and jumping high for everything is very risky. Same thing with Westbrook you always cringe when you see them fly so high just to get rebounds or blk shots or alley-oops.

Tack this on to his ever expanding list of obscure/nagging injuries. Gotta take the good with the bad though. He's inhuman when he does play.

Anthony Davis is the Kawhi Leonard of big men... crazy productive, but obscure injury and ailment after another.

Anthony Davis (groin) said that he is unsure if he will suit up for Friday's game against the Clippers.

Davis remains questionable for Friday's game, but purely speculating, it would seem he's closer to doubtful than questionable. We'll continue to monitor his status closely, but if he's forced to sit, Ryan Anderson, Alexis Ajinca, and Omer Asik will all likely see extended minutes for the Pelicans.
I doubt he plays tonight, as much as I love AD he's becoming kind of injury prone.

Anthony Davis (groin) said that he is unsure if he will suit up for Friday's game against the Clippers.

Davis remains questionable for Friday's game, but purely speculating, it would seem he's closer to doubtful than questionable. We'll continue to monitor his status closely, but if he's forced to sit, Ryan Anderson, Alexis Ajinca, and Omer Asik will all likely see extended minutes for the Pelicans.
I doubt he plays tonight, as much as I love AD he's becoming kind of injury prone.

by no fault of his own though

blame faried for this one :angry:

by no fault of his own though

blame faried for this one :angry:

that was a solid steal though without fouling, watched the replay it didn't look in anyway intentional its just a collision of 2 big guys in the air.

Already "Good to go" hours before ball tip.

PRAISE THE BROW

TYBG.

Pivotal home and home with OKC this week for the race to the 8th seed. If motivation is any factor we may see an MVP preview here.

OH JEEEEEZ

We looking at potential OT with an already FAT line?!

Wow. That was insane. For anyone that missed it, I urge you to watch the highlights. What an incredible game by both teams, and what a great game and finish for AD. He just double clutched a 3 in between two defenders while in the air. I didn't know that was even possible.

Just wow! On a day when Westbrook had it going on, AD was just not going to be denied! What a clutch shot!

WHOOO!

Even better than OT, buzzer beater three to top it off.

Didnt want the injury risk in OT

Beast