Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stopmakingsense

Anthony Davis 2014-2015 Season Outlook

Can someone who watches pelican games explain why he gets injured so often? Does he play recklessly like Westbrook or is he just fragile? I thought he put on some muscle over the offseason. Everytime I check the box score, and see him playing low minutes, I get worried cause I know he got injured :(

Ok that's it. As much as I love AD, I'll trade him once he is back. Picking up too many random injuries lately. Hasn't hurt me so far but in playoffs any missed game can end it for me. Not to mention, his 4-3-3 schedule. Will hurt but gotta do it.

I have owned Davis in fantasy for his entire career, and the past two games is the quintessential Anthony Davis. When a player is dunking and blocking everything in sight, injuries just come with all the highlights. For every crazy game he puts up, he will also give you a heartache by leaving a game looking like he just got murdered. Someone needs to calculate what his season average stats would look like if we take out all these games that he was forced to leave prematurely lol

He has been like this since his rookie year.. I drafted him then and got burned. But he has been pretty solid since..

Sucks. If he stayed healthy I'd love to see how the drafts would've gone next year. Being real between the #1 and #2 spot Anthony Davis is still ahead by a lot over Curry and Harden, and ahead by even more over KD and CP3 this season.

But if AD is able to stay healthy it'll be fun seeing who people would pick #1..

Don't get me wrong, a healthy KD is still a monster, but this fantasy season AD is having is lots better than KD's MVP season last year if I'm reading BBM correctly, and better than KD's #1 ranking season in '12-'13 as well.

And he's still only 21..

Reminded me a little bit of Bogut's fall when he was with the Bucks. Wasn't as nasty here. Hopefully he will be alright. Hate to see that happen to anyone.

Yall think he plays tonight?

Sometimes I wonder if he's soft or plays too reckless. When taking into account his defensive stats and how many times he's soaring in the air for dunks, I'd go with reckless. He's young and just absolutely balling out there, but he keeps dodging bullets and at some point he's going to have a serious injury. I'd be thrilled to own him in a dynasty, and he's putting one squad on his back, but I'm sure owners would take even 90% of his current stats if it meant he'd stay healthier. He's a GREAT player to watch as well, because he's clearly worked on a jumper and I always love seeing a young star add to his game.

Sometimes I wonder if he's soft or plays too reckless. When taking into account his defensive stats and how many times he's soaring in the air for dunks, I'd go with reckless. He's young and just absolutely balling out there, but he keeps dodging bullets and at some point he's going to have a serious injury. I'd be thrilled to own him in a dynasty, and he's putting one squad on his back, but I'm sure owners would take even 90% of his current stats if it meant he'd stay healthier. He's a GREAT player to watch as well, because he's clearly worked on a jumper and I always love seeing a young star add to his game.

I agree with your input, its just his playing style which uses ALOT of athleticism, speed, and power that makes you cringe when he's in the air and colliding with other bigs. Kind of similar like Westbrooks style as a PG he uses all that too and although its entertaining to watch you just hope nothing bad happens after a fall or huge dunk. It's one of those things that you get what you pay for and you have to accept that risk. And as much as we love AD, I accept that risk but as seasons go by I have a good feeling AD is going to take more jumpers to avoid more damage down the line.

A couple of seasons ago we were wondering whether Stephen Curry was injury prone.

Going back a little further, same with Zydrunas Ilgauskas.

There are players that truly seem to be injury risks ... Derrick Rose, Greg Oden, etc ... but for every one of those there are several players that just hit an unlucky patch and are fine thereafter.

I agree with your input, its just his playing style which uses ALOT of athleticism, speed, and power that makes you cringe when he's in the air and colliding with other bigs. Kind of similar like Westbrooks style as a PG he uses all that too and although its entertaining to watch you just hope nothing bad happens after a fall or huge dunk. It's one of those things that you get what you pay for and you have to accept that risk. And as much as we love AD, I accept that risk but as seasons go by I have a good feeling AD is going to take more jumpers to avoid more damage down the line.

Pretty hard to ask a young stud to not use his athleticism, speed and power when he has it. That play he got hurt on could not be done with finesse with the speed at which he was going and the type of pass thrown. If the pass was not thrown on the loop, he would have had to catch and gather. Just bad luck there with speed, spacing, angle of attack and pass all together.