Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mpbaseball22

Rusney Castillo - 2B/OF BOS

is he going to be added to yahoo. Tryin to catch fire for the championship

Maybe it's just me but I'm really not all that excited about this guy.

Looked pretty good in his short stint.

What's not to like ? Power, speed and a developing hitter in a hitters park. I think he gives owners a little bit of everything next year.

What's not to like ? Power, speed and a developing hitter in a hitters park. I think he gives owners a little bit of everything next year.

Except that 2B eligibility which would put him over the top.

If Dustin goes down who do they go to first for second base duties?

I would assume Mookie. Dustin did go down at the end of this year and Rusney did not see any 2B.

I would assume Mookie. Dustin did go down at the end of this year and Rusney did not see any 2B.

Yeah Mookie is probably higher on the 2B depth chart than Castillo.

I saw a few of his games this year and I just didn't get all that excited. I think he'll be an above average bat if he can get every day run. But Boston is so deep in the 2B/OF department.

The thing with Boston is if Pedroia keeps declining/can't get healthy. He has a long extension, and is a fan favorite, but that only goes so far. I don't think they trade Pedroia this year, but another declining year will start entertaining that idea.

Castillo obviously is ahead of Mookie in the OF due to his large contract. He would need to struggle badly to start losing playing time.

I am a fan of Mookie however. If he can maintain the success he started showing at the end of last season, I wouldn't be surprised to see him playing in the infield, even at 3B. Red Sox have been reluctant to play him there.

But he is still quite young, so really struggling next year is not out of the question.

Pedroia was still valuable even in a down year, he had a 4.4 FWAR while having wrist and hand trouble.

I'm a big Mookie fan and I think he and Rusney can coexist in CF and RF.

rightfield in Fenway plays a lot like a 2nd centerfield,

the Sox will likely be trading for a front line SP this Winter (Hamels) I hope they don't trade Mookie but it's certainly possible they do

John Calvagno @AshevilleSoxFan · 2h 2 hours ago

hitting stars from the Red Sox Minors tonight Michael Chavis 2-4, 2B, HR Manuel Margot 3-3, 2 SB's Rusney Castillo 2-4, BB, SB, CS

Good game for Castillo. Can't wait until he's called up. Can't imagine it'll be too long before he's in the MLB for good.

thanks for all the blurbs today

John Calvagno @AshevilleSoxFan · 2h 2 hours ago

hitting stars from the Red Sox Minors tonight Michael Chavis 2-4, 2B, HR Manuel Margot 3-3, 2 SB's Rusney Castillo 2-4, BB, SB, CS

Good game for Castillo. Can't wait until he's called up. Can't imagine it'll be too long before he's in the MLB for good.

thanks for all the blurbs today

Might be a while on Rusney. He needs to not only continue to produce at a high level in AAA but he needs someone to falter and/or get injured. My gut says sometime in the early - mid May area.

Fwiw local beat reporter Sean Mcadam for the Sox feels that he will be up no later than the end of April. I tend to believe him. Victorino or not no way they let all that money rot in the minors long term.

5-9 to start the year at AAA, but Farrell "likes what he sees from Victorino." Plus he needs to make sure Nava gets some starts. I mean, he is Daniel Nava for Christ's sake.

How many weeks you guys think it takes? Two? Three? Or will they be delusional and leave him down until mid-June or something ridiculous?

Yep, Rusney today followed up Thursday's 2-4 with a BB performance by going 3-5 with 2 ribbies. Pretty certain this guy would be one of the most dynamic players in MLB if he were up where he belongs. But of course the Red Sox are holding out for other teams' No. 1 prospects in order to trade their has beens, Allen Craig and Shane Victorino.

Sounds like he might be on his way up. Supposedly there's no injury.

Saw this on Twitter:

@brianmacp: Rusney Castillo left last night's PawSox game for precautionary reasons after hitting the ground hard making a diving catch.

per yahoo:

Rusney Castillo is heading back to Boston to get checked out after he jammed his shoulder while making a catch in Saturday's game at Triple-A Pawtucket.

Advice: The team doesn't believe that he sustained a serious injury, but want to take every precaution possible to make sure. He's currently biding his time at Triple-A until the Red Sox suffer an injury in their outfield or find a taker for Shane Victorino.

going on the dl.

just prolonging everything.

I own Rusney and think he could be one of the most dynamic players in fantasyland. But it's starting to feel like injuries are going to be a continuous issue with him.

Yeah hindsight blah blah blah.

Instead of starting that POS Victorino, Rusney should be in Beantown playing and not in the minors getting injured.

Rusney has struggled at the plate since returning from the DL but in Tuesday night's win for Pawtucket he played centerfield and went 2-4 with an rbi and stolen base.