Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mpbaseball22

Rusney Castillo - 2B/OF BOS

I was expecting him to not be called up until early June, so I don't plan to start complaining until then. Did the Red Sox promise he'd be up in May? I don't remember seeing that, but maybe I should get unlazy and look through this thread. :)

Edit: OK, so a beat reporter said he'd be up by end of April. Other than that, I've seen no statements out of Boston except that he'll come up when he's ready, basically. I've got patience, I think it will pay off in 2nd half.

im assuming it will be impossible for him to gain 2b eligibility once he comes up since Pedroia is there? dont see him making 5 starts at that position.

im assuming it will be impossible for him to gain 2b eligibility once he comes up since Pedroia is there? dont see him making 5 starts at that position.

He is an outfielder. Always has been. Why would you think 2B is an option? I am just surprised they have him in CF and not RF

I stand corrected, he did play some 2B in 2008 and 2009, but strictly CF since then

is this guy even hitting in Triple A? Cause I mean its one thing to hold Correa who is scorching, its another to hold a guy who is struggling at Triple A.

is this guy even hitting in Triple A? Cause I mean its one thing to hold Correa who is scorching, its another to hold a guy who is struggling at Triple A.

he is 6 for his last 20. Hasn't show any power at all. overall slash is .256/.333/.302 OPS just .635

I wouldn't read too much into it.

just sayin. that's all.

In a redraft, is this guy really worth holding as an OF? There are plenty of OFs available who are currently playing but fangraphs is saying he will be a 15hr/20sb guy if called up in the next couple of weeks which would make him pretty darn valuable. What are the chances he comes up and pulls a Puig?

red sox want to wait till they are mathematically out of the playoffs before making any logical moves.

2 for 4 with a walk and an SB tonight. Up to, a respectable, .271 BA. Showing no power yet, but that should come

Ugh, hello "injury-prone" label...

Rusney Castillo - OF - Red Sox

Rusney Castillo had to leave Wednesday's game at Triple-A Pawtucket with an apparent left hamstring injury.

Castillo hurt himself while stealing second base. He was down for a while and being tended to be trainers before eventually walking off the field on his own. It's been a rough couple months for Castillo, as he was slowed by an oblique issue in spring training and then had to deal with a shoulder ailment.
May 13 - 1:19 PM

Ugh, hello "injury-prone" label...

Rusney Castillo - OF - Red Sox

Rusney Castillo had to leave Wednesday's game at Triple-A Pawtucket with an apparent left hamstring injury.

Castillo hurt himself while stealing second base. He was down for a while and being tended to be trainers before eventually walking off the field on his own. It's been a rough couple months for Castillo, as he was slowed by an oblique issue in spring training and then had to deal with a shoulder ailment.
May 13 - 1:19 PM

Reports i saw on twitter suggested he caught a cleat sliding into second, and they called it a probable ankle injury.

Wow. This guy is cursed with the injuries - shoulder, oblique, now ankle. Oy.

Super glad I have him in my keeper & redraft leagues (sarcasm). ...

So much for him getting called up in May if he's hurt again.

Just read on twitter that Farrell said Castillo has a "mild ankle sprain" and was just removed as a precaution.

A mild ankle sprain still sounds like 1 week off.

FWIW, playing CF today. 2-3; 2B and a 3-Run HR at this point in the game.

Let the guy have 2 good games in a row.

So where does he play IF he come up even in June? Aside from a DL spot opening there really isn't any place for him . There was some talk on the radio this afternoon its possible the Red Sox could use him as trade bait. But they also said the Red Sox were the high bidders with nobody that close so who would the trade partner be? NL team ? Dodgers? Padres ? Or even Seattle ? But for who?

Lots of speculation I guess we will see.