Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sya

Kevin Durant 2014-2015 Season Outlook

I am down 5-7 in H2H playoffs. I think I can pull it off this week as I have more games, but no KD, definitely no hope.

Sounded like Scott Brooks wanted KD to go through full practice before playing. OKC hasn't practiced since Saturday. They will tomorrow.

OKC has two B2Bs next week. One involves the Lakers. I imagine we're getting three games max from Durant next week.

OKC has two B2Bs next week. One involves the Lakers. I imagine we're getting three games max from Durant next week.

Well we will have to wait and see. When he came back first time from his foot injury in December he was on 30 minutes restriction, but he did play in b2b right away, even the first one of which the second game was @Minnesota... Maybe they will play it safe this time though, but I am just going to get my hopes up as high as I can :)

Statement by brooks not promising. Sounding more like he won't return for fantasy playoffs :(

And since he didn't even practice today, it seems unlikely he'll be ready on Sunday.

Sounds more likely it's time to drop. 'brooks referred to durant's soreness as peaks and valleys'. When asked if timetable changed, 'he stated not sure yet' not sounding promising :(

I hate when Thunder management/coach use the phrase "it's expected"....

Bruski retweet 'news on durant concerning. Sorness/foot issues continue to linger. Doing less court work than last week.'. Damn it's drop city now

Remember: Durant's updated timetable was a "week or two." It's been eight days.

16 retweets27 favorites
Retweet

This is kinda true tho.... It's just a snake bitten season for Durant and the Thunder. Next thing we know Westbrook will probably tear a tendon in his wrist and be out for a couple of weeks too.

Scott Brooks is the luckiest SOB alive... Every time his coaching ability should be questioned, somebody gets hurt and gives him all the excuses in the world not to win lol

If u need a playoff win this week or next, it's a tough call. But durant is not going to help you on the bench.

is there any fantasy etiquette to dropping top players? I will probably lose without durant, and if I drop him whoever picks him up will probably win the rest of playoffs going foward assuming he gets healthy again.

is there any fantasy etiquette to dropping top players? I will probably lose without durant, and if I drop him whoever picks him up will probably win the rest of playoffs going foward assuming he gets healthy again.

It's playoffs time. Do what you gotta do to win. Whether you drop or not comes down to risk/reward and how you balance or perceive it in your situation

Me, personally, I've been winning without him all season and have been getting top 1-2 point totals (points league) for the last half of the season so I'm gonna hold out in hopes he comes back which would almost ensure a championship for me

Etiquette goes out the Window. Would you rather have dead weight on the bench and be eliminated or have the chance to win dropping him for someone of use and make it to the next round?

My team...:( Lose Ibaka, picked up Matt Barnes. Lost Barnes. Only two pickups per week. BLAH. KD just rotting on my bench. RAGRATS.

You are screwed either way. I'd personally just hold Durant unless it's the championship round. Very unlikely for you to win 3 rounds in a row without your top player anyways. If you drop him you are helping another team more than you are helping your own

Wow, a tough blow for every fan and KD owner. I really hoped that he would return next week at the latest and take me to the promised land of fantasy championships. I nutured him, loved him and carried him around all season long. Not ready to let go yet.

All in all, the updates are still pretty vague and unclear. For all I know he could be feeling better next training and participate. Sure, it doesn't bode well for a very quick return, but I would still say it's not impossible. Will definitely hold.

i'm holding, i rather go down with him then barely get passed first round and get knocked out by someone who picked him up.

He's got 4 games next week but they are back to backs, so its possible he only plays in 2