Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sya

Kevin Durant 2014-2015 Season Outlook

Wow..espn dropped Durant down to pick 48. This draft is gonna be real interesting now.

LOL only ESPN. Unless they have some insight that he's out 3+ months of the reg season (he could still be top 50 in half a season even), then that's crazy.

"Kevin Durant (fractured foot) was not wearing a protective boot while he watched Tuesday night's exhibition from the bench.

Durant walked without a limp and even shot some flat-footed jumpers during halftime, which is encouraging even though it doesn't alter his projected timetable of 6-8 weeks. That timetable could shift once Durant decides if he'll have surgery or allow his Jones fracture to heal on its own, but fantasy owners should expect to be without him until at least the end of November."
This doesn't sound like too serious of an injury guys....

"Kevin Durant (fractured foot) was not wearing a protective boot while he watched Tuesday night's exhibition from the bench.

Durant walked without a limp and even shot some flat-footed jumpers during halftime, which is encouraging even though it doesn't alter his projected timetable of 6-8 weeks. That timetable could shift once Durant decides if he'll have surgery or allow his Jones fracture to heal on its own, but fantasy owners should expect to be without him until at least the end of November."

Nothing in that quote makes it seem more or less serious, we already know exactly what the injury is. We are just waiting on him to confirm if he is having surgery. Timetable as of now should be anywhere from 6 to 10 weeks, depending on whether he has surgery or not and how things go.

He increases the risk of re-fracturing it if he doesn't opt for surgery according to what I read at least. Best treatment for a Jones fracture is still surgery so the more he waits before undergoing the procedure the longer his timetable becomes which means he could come back at a later time than the 6-8 weeks prognosis.

Nothing in that quote makes it seem more or less serious, we already know exactly what the injury is. We are just waiting on him to confirm if he is having surgery. Timetable as of now should be anywhere from 6 to 10 weeks, depending on whether he has surgery or not and how things go.

No, we don't exactly know the severity of the injury. Metatarsal fractures can occur in many different shapes and forms, and the location of the fracture along the bone is crucial in its healing ability. If it were an acute fracture (that is, his foot was stepped on or something to break the bone or an otherwise sudden injury), I highly doubt he would be walking and shooting. Based on my personal experience with a similar injury, it seems likely that it's a stress fracture, in which healing without surgery is highly viable.

I think him walking and shooting is a great sign that the injury is not too severe and that he'll be confident playing when he returns.

Posted · Hidden by phatrat, October 15, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by phatrat, October 15, 2014 - No reason given
I'm conducting a 12 man H2H yahoo pay league in which you're all welcome to join...Theres only a $20.00 entry fee with payouts starting at $120.00 for first place, $70.00 for second place, and $50.00 for third place! Obviously theres limited numbers of vacancies so if you're really trying to compete you should register today.

HOW TO REGISTER:

1. Visit https://sportsvault.net/leagues/nba/nba-aficionado-league/ and pay your entry fee and choose your team name

2. Text (201)953-6992 to finalize your registration and create your team!

Either way, best of luck to all GMs this yr! And sorry for the somewhat inappropriate post...

No, we don't exactly know the severity of the injury. Metatarsal fractures can occur in many different shapes and forms, and the location of the fracture along the bone is crucial in its healing ability. If it were an acute fracture (that is, his foot was stepped on or something to break the bone or an otherwise sudden injury), I highly doubt he would be walking and shooting. Based on my personal experience with a similar injury, it seems likely that it's a stress fracture, in which healing without surgery is highly viable.

I think him walking and shooting is a great sign that the injury is not too severe and that he'll be confident playing when he returns.

He must not be that hurt because when I fractured my 5th metatarsal 8 years ago I had swelling the size of a tennis ball for a few days.

He must not be that hurt because when I fractured my 5th metatarsal 8 years ago I had swelling the size of a tennis ball for a few days.

It's more that fifth metatarsal injuries in particular have a ton of variation and we should judge his progress with a lot more weight than an arbitrary timetable.

Posted · Hidden by Red Sox Nation, October 15, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Red Sox Nation, October 15, 2014 - No reason given

In Head to Head 20 Team League, 8 categories no TO

12 Playoffs Teams, 4 1st round bye, 1 IR Spot

1st 3 round picks of draft:

First pick 2

Second pick 39

Third pick 42

Draft Kevin Durant injured or pass?

Dude still draft KD...

where is KD going in drafts now? H2H..... 10 teamer....still has to be a top 10 right? just after Melo?

Can someone tell me why the hell he hasn't had surgery yet? I don't want to pretend as if I'm a sports medicine expert but all sources indicate he needs to have this surgery to give him the best chance of fully recovering and his time table will only start once he does that!

Can someone tell me why the hell he hasn't had surgery yet? I don't want to pretend as if I'm a sports medicine expert but all sources indicate he needs to have this surgery to give him the best chance of fully recovering and his time table will only start once he does that!

To me, he clearly does not like the long time table with surgery, and the pain/injury must not be "too bad" to the point where he thinks he can let it heal by itself, then come back quicker - at least that's the impression or interpretation I get from this - ALL speculation on my part.

On one hand - that sounds like less games miss, but the thing that highly worries me is that this greater increases the chance of either re-injury or something that lingers/bothers him all year. I'd rather take the hit in the short-term and guarantee long-term health versus gamble on both and suffer in the latter.

Put me in the camp that would much rather him just have the surgery, heal completely - and put this behind him. My guess would be Durant must have some major say in this, because I would think management would rather him get this fixed via surgery as well to clear this up for the future - but I guess we all get to wait on pins and needles until further news breaks....

That sounds like a completely accurate scenario tarheels. Word is that Durant didn't even feel injured whatsoever, he just told the coaching staff or whoever that he felt some discomfort in his foot. He must think it's ridiculous to have surgery and potentially f something up or complicate a problem that he probably doesn't even think would bother him from balling that much. Agreed that he probably thinks rest will heal it for him.

Looks like he felt the injury in its infant stage. Sound like he could play through it if need be and get surgery in the off season otherwise you'd think they'd operate asap.

Wish they would more give us more bloody info. Kevin talk to me..

There's so little info out there. Makes trading a really risky prospect

There's so little info out there. Makes trading a really risky prospect

True. As of now I think I'm hoping for good news and keeping him. I offered him n Reggie Jackson for melo but he didn't bite so I took it off after a couple days.

Encouraging that he's not in a boot or cast one would think as without surgery that's what would be needed to heal without aggravating it.

I think I'm going to stay away even if he drops to the late first/early 2nd (10 team.) I've drafted an injured player 3 straight seasons and it is annoying, no way I'm spending a top pick on someone projected to miss up to two months, even if it is KD. The player who drafts him could easily be in bad shape for playoff contention by the time he gets healthy and resumes a regular role.

At this point it's getting rather confusing. Is the no news good news or bad news...

He will re-evaluated in 6 weeks they say. Not sure what to make of that in terms of time frame.

definitely the best move for his career. granted most people spent a 1st or 2nd round time frame, this really doesnt change much, does it? i guess we should expect him back after thanksgiving and allow him a couple of weeks to shake off the rust?