Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sya

Kevin Durant 2014-2015 Season Outlook

So is he DONE, done for the season? He was just dropped in my league by a non playoff team... I'm guessing to test the remaining players haha

Well, lets put it this way, he has not officialy been ruled out for anything. Theoretically, he could still come back within 1-2 weeks. But it is very unlikely, as they even said it is heading in the direction of shutting him down.

As it is now, KD's foot is still sore, he will be evaluated by doctors again, and they strive for him to have no soreness AT ALL before he returns on the court. That is their main goal now, and they literally said that if that goal is not achieved this season, so be bit. Everything is possible, even new procedures. It's all up in the air, but I think it's 99% that he won't return in the regular season.

It sounds like they're shutting him down for at least 4-7 days, then after that probably a week of on-court activities before 1-2 full practices, so minimum 2 weeks...and they won't rush him back...and this is an absolute best case scenario. He's probably going to be out until the playoffs

So is he DONE, done for the season? He was just dropped in my league by a non playoff team... I'm guessing to test the remaining players haha

Well, lets put it this way, he has not officialy been ruled out for anything. Theoretically, he could still come back within 1-2 weeks. But it is very unlikely, as they even said it is heading in the direction of shutting him down.

As it is now, KD's foot is still sore, he will be evaluated by doctors again, and they strive for him to have no soreness AT ALL before he returns on the court. That is their main goal now, and they literally said that if that goal is not achieved this season, so be bit. Everything is possible, even new procedures. It's all up in the air, but I think it's 99% that he won't return in the regular season.

Really helpful thanks for clearing that up.

I'm holding because there is literally no one on the waiver good enough. Unless Rose or Holiday miraculously returns.

He had surgery weeks ago, and is still feeling soreness? not good. no longer doing any basketball activities? not good

i'm the #1 seed and i dropped him for PG

Coming from a Spurs fan who remembers how Serge Ibaka was "virtually" done for the season last year, I won't believe the Thunder until it actually happens.

does anyone have anything positive to say about him potentially coming back in time for finals? i just cant bring myself to drop him yet (i was on a bye this last week)

Slim. I think I read somewhere he was done for the regular season. I'll see if I can dig it up but it might have been hearsay.

I personally think he is done for year. Sorness over a month after procedure is not a good sign. It's a lost season for the thunder. As much as a beast Westy is they have no shot against warriors with one guy

"Scott Brooks says the Thunder will release an update on Kevin Durant later this afternoon."

Out 4-6 months...

At least now we know something concrete.

Pending an insanely awesome pre season, hard to justify a top 10 pick on KD next season. Way too much Risk..

Pending an insanely awesome pre season, hard to justify a top 10 pick on KD next season. Way too much Risk..

Hoping other managers also see him as too risky. I would love to be able to nab him in late 2nd, early 3rd next year.

Scary stuff. I'll be avoiding until I see him play 70 games in a season