Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sya

Kevin Durant 2014-2015 Season Outlook

His body of work forces you to consider him in the second round/third round for sure but with this news, a top ten pick is almost certainly way too high a price. I'll be observing and following his Pre-season rehab closely and see if he'll sit any back to backs. No miniutes restrictions/b2b set backs would warrant a top 5 pick for sure but if he's still in pain come late October, eh...

These are the only players I would definitively take over Durant at the moment, assuming he doesn't suffer any setbacks before next season.

1. James Harden

2. Stephen Curry

3. Anthony Davis

4. Russell Westbrook

5. LeBron James

6. Chris Paul

7. Kyrie Irving

8. John Wall

9. Klay Thompson

10. Damian Lillard

11. Kevin Love

12. Marc Gasol

He will likely be far far too expensive for my liking next year. I wouldn't touch him before round 5 and I dont care how positive the reports are in training camp. It has the smell of a very dangerous situation. The only good thing for prospective owners is that he will be playing for a long term 5 year deal next season. He'll need to prove he's durable and 90% of the old KD to get a lucrative, max deal.........

His body of work forces you to consider him in the second round/third round for sure but with this news, a top ten pick is almost certainly way too high a price. I'll be observing and following his Pre-season rehab closely and see if he'll sit any back to backs. No miniutes restrictions/b2b set backs would warrant a top 5 pick for sure but if he's still in pain come late October, eh...

LMA? DMC?

These are the only players I would definitively take over Durant at the moment, assuming he doesn't suffer any setbacks before next season.

1. James Harden

2. Stephen Curry

3. Anthony Davis

4. Russell Westbrook

5. LeBron James

6. Chris Paul

7. Kyrie Irving

8. John Wall

9. Klay Thompson

10. Damian Lillard

11. Kevin Love

12. Marc Gasol

He will likely be far far too expensive for my liking next year. I wouldn't touch him before round 5 and I dont care how positive the reports are in training camp. It has the smell of a very dangerous situation. The only good thing for prospective owners is that he will be playing for a long term 5 year deal next season. He'll need to prove he's durable and 90% of the old KD to get a lucrative, max deal.........

Agree with this, and I'd trust Paul George's leg way before I'd trust KD's foot.

MAN..OKC is one joke of an org. Could potentially have a 4-some of KD, Harden, Ibaka and Russ. Now the let Harden go, mess around with a top 4 PG in the league and F'd up ROYALLY with a potential all time great. I'll be SHOCKED if KD and Russ resign with them once they are FAs. And I thought Knicks were bad. Don't think anyone can come CLOSE to the incompetence of these idiots for a v v v v V LONG TIME!!

Am i reading this right? 3 surgeries in 1 year?

I thought one of those was just a procedure. Or does that classify under a surgery as well?

So in that case 2 major surgeries? The one earlier this season and now this one?

This wasnt realistic given the constraints of the cap. Now KD, RW and Harden possibly yes, but all 4 certainly not.

MAN..OKC is one joke of an org. Could potentially have a 4-some of KD, Harden, Ibaka and Russ. Now the let Harden go, mess around with a top 4 PG in the league and F'd up ROYALLY with a potential all time great. I'll be SHOCKED if KD and Russ resign with them once they are FAs. And I thought Knicks were bad. Don't think anyone can come CLOSE to the incompetence of these idiots for a v v v v V LONG TIME!!

impossible to pay all of them. Same was going to happen with Reggie Jackson.. When they are all old.. they can get back together lol

commiseration comment on the season ending surgery

i guess it's time to finally drop durant.

LMAO what? you wouldnt touch him before the fifth round? please tell me that's a joke and im not getting it

I dont trust feet injuries for bigs and someone having a third surgery on the same foot. Next season is too risky to use a top 48 pick on someone I deem a major injury risk. I like him fine after that and I'll revisit his draft stock in subsequent seasons based on what I personally observe next season. Everyone has their own risk profile...its what makes the game fun.

LMAO what? you wouldnt touch him before the fifth round? please tell me that's a joke and im not getting it

I dont trust feet injuries for bigs and someone having a third surgery on the same foot. Next season is too risky to use a top 48 pick on someone I deem a major injury risk. I like him fine after that and I'll revisit his draft stock in subsequent seasons based on what I personally observe next season. Everyone has their own risk profile...its what makes the game fun.

first of all, yes he's close to 7 feet tall (side note: ive actually met him in person, no way is he 6'9), but he doesnt have the same frame, and therefore not as much weight, as other big players that have had similar foot injuries in the past. and if you think about it, he hasnt had much strain on that foot since the most recent surgery. he will have ample time to heal up come next season (all of this is assuming he doesnt have any setbacks in the summer). i honestly wouldnt think twice about taking him in the second round, let alone third or fourth, for someone whose ceiling is the best fantasy player in the league. just my two cents

I'm with CoH on this. My first four picks need to be solid, consistent, and safe. Of course, saying I wouldn't take him before round 5 means I won't draft him at all because he'll be long gone by then (drafted by a less risk-averse owner).

This is pretty much the exact same debate we had last summer in the Kobe thread. A lot of people said they would not take him before round 5 and, sure enough, his real-life ADP ended up being #29 in Yahoo. The rest is history.

LMA? DMC?

1. James Harden

2. Stephen Curry

3. Anthony Davis

4. Russell Westbrook

5. LeBron James

6. Chris Paul

7. Kyrie Irving

8. John Wall

9. Klay Thompson

10. Damian Lillard

11. Kevin Love

12. Marc Gasol

As I said, these guys are the only players I would definitively take over KD, assuming he is healthy to start the season. I would certainly still consider taking guys like LMA and DMC ahead of him.

You would pick Kevin Love before DMC and LMA? Depends on which team he gonna choose in the offseason, i guess.

Putting KD on my DND list.

he should of been on that list before this season even started... this dude in my league was bragging about how KD "fell on is lap" with the 10th pick and how he was gonna beat everybody in the league once KD came back....... needless to say, his team is not even in the playoffs right now

You would pick Kevin Love before DMC and LMA? Depends on which team he gonna choose in the offseason, i guess.

Exactly, this is assuming that Love goes to a new team where he is "the guy".

he should of been on that list before this season even started... this dude in my league was bragging about how KD "fell on is lap" with the 10th pick and how he was gonna beat everybody in the league once KD came back....... needless to say, his team is not even in the playoffs right now

KD and Melo were my first 2 picks this year and I am in the lead in my matchup in the semifinals. There are many ways to win in fantasy. CSB, I know.

Told you all back in December that he came back way too early from his foot surgery and that it will linger all season and flare up again and he wont get through the season.

Dont say you weren't warned,

Accepting apologies when you're ready.

Told you all back in December that he came back way too early from his foot surgery and that it will linger all season and flare up again and he wont get through the season.

Dont say you weren't warned,

Accepting apologies when you're ready.

Cool

KD and Melo were my first 2 picks this year and I am in the lead in my matchup in the semifinals. There are many ways to win in fantasy. CSB, I know.

must be an 8-teamer?