Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LyondellBasell

Keep Jamaal, J Thomas, Ball?

this is for a 14 team PPR league. Keep one player. You lose the draft round where you picked the guy the previous year.

I pick last in the first round, 14th overall. I can keep Jamaal Charles there as my first rounder, 14th overall.

But keep in mind, I DO NOT HAVE A SECOND ROUND PICK. I traded it away last year (long story).

So i can keep Jamaal, or i can keep Julus Thomas in the last round

or i can keep Monte Ball in the what would be the first pick of the 4th round in this 14 team, one keeper league.

thanks.

leave a link.

sorry julius in the last rd come on now talk about value thats a 3rd/4th rd pick for nothing and you still got a 1st rd pick

so ask yourself julius and 1st rd pick lets say julio jones alshon jeffery jordy nelson maybe gio/ ellington not sure how it would unfold but i would assume a top 20 player (14keepers and most people would be looking for the good value guys) anyways

charles no 2nd rd pick or julius and julio jones in a 14 team league seems like a no brainer not to mention this will cover you no 2nd rd pick

I would keep Julius for sure. As a 14th rounder its just tremendous value.

What other potential picks will be available for R1 assume you dont keep charles?

well, Who could you possibly draft at the number 14 slot thats anywhere near the calibre of Charles? but without a second round pick thats tough.

if you keep Ball, you MIGHT end up with Spiller, Leveon Bell , or Doug Martin as your RB2, and thats a pretty good Tandem, but it largely depends on what players other owners are keeping.

Thomas in the last round is a great bargain, but there is always good value at TE in mid-late rounds.

if you can feel around and see who is being kept, and if you think you can reach for a good RB2 in the first, then I'll keep Ball.

I always draft 2 Rbs before anything else and ive won 2 championships in the 3 years that ive been playing :)

help with mine?

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=453215

it's tough to say now who's gonna be there at 14th. People haven't declared keepers yet, but you have to assume guys taken late last year or picked up off the wire like ellington, alshon and gio will be kept.

i'm thinking something like demarco murray, julio jones, brandon marshall, alfred morris and dez will be there for the taking.

it's tough to say now who's gonna be there at 14th. People haven't declared keepers yet, but you have to assume guys taken late last year or picked up off the wire like ellington, alshon and gio will be kept.

i'm thinking something like demarco murray, julio jones, brandon marshall, alfred morris and dez will be there for the taking.

lacy will be another someone keeps from last year

I think missing out on the first two rounds with only Charles could set you pretty behind. Ball for a 4th seems like the way to go because you get a RB1 and still have your 1st and 3rd to build around him. Charles should be awesome but that might be a little like putting all your eggs in one basket.

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=453216

I think you have to keep Ball in the 4th. Picking Charles would be pretty ballsy and depending on who's going to be available in the 3rd, that could end poorly for you.

I agree with the 2nd poster. You should definitely keep Julius. There's a lot of value with doing so.

This is tough since you don't have a 2nd round. I would want to say JC, but I think the smart choice is Thomas where you have him

Without knowing the keepers, in a PPR format, take Ball in the 4th. Ball, alongside your 1st and 3rd round pick should be enough to build around. You could always take an upside TE later (Rudolph, Ertz, Kelce)

Best of luck

I think you have to keep Ball in the 4th. Picking Charles would be pretty ballsy and depending on who's going to be available in the 3rd, that could end poorly for you.

How so? Charles is the better overall player than Thomas/Ball plus JC is drafted in the 1st round, not the other two players.

I'd go with Ball. But it's close. Just like your options with the 14th pick better than your 3rd round pick.

The difference in everyone's opinion shows how tough this is.. My choice is JT basically for free.

Jamaal Charles is the top fantasy player in a PPR league and it isn't close. I could never get myself to pass up a player of that caliber, even if you could get Thomas as a 14th rounder. I'd definitely keep Charles and grab someone like Jordan Reed, Kyle Rudolph or Zach Ertz in the eighth round or so.

The difference between Charles and Montee Ball in a PPR league is probably something like 80 points. The difference between Julius Thomas and one of the four or five TEs you can get in the later rounds is probably 40 points. In the grand scheme of things, thats 2-3 extra points per week.

Jamaal Charles is the top fantasy player in a PPR league and it isn't close. I could never get myself to pass up a player of that caliber, even if you could get Thomas as a 14th rounder. I'd definitely keep Charles and grab someone like Jordan Reed, Kyle Rudolph or Zach Ertz in the eighth round or so.

The difference between Charles and Montee Ball in a PPR league is probably something like 80 points. The difference between Julius Thomas and one of the four or five TEs you can get in the later rounds is probably 40 points. In the grand scheme of things, thats 2-3 extra points per week.

dez/julio/marshall + julius + 8th rd pick >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> charles and reed

torn between thomas and ball. but i think i'd have to go ball.

dez/julio/marshall + julius + 8th rd pick >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> charles and reed

Jamaal Charles was worth 382 points in PPR leagues last season. For reference, that's more than Alfred Morris and Zac Stacy posted COMBINED last season, and they were both top-25 RBs in PPR leagues.

Tight end is stacked this year. There's about six solid late round options that are worthy of starting this year; Greg Olsen, Kyle Rudolph, Zach Ertz, Jordan Reed, Dennis Pitta, etc.

And sure, maybe you can go ahead and draft Dez or Julio in the first round in place of Jamaal, but then you have to wait until the third round to draft your top RB. The top RBs are typically off the board in the first two rounds. He'd be looking at leaning on a guy like Toby Gerhart, Reggie Bush or Ryan Mathews as his RB1.

In my opinion... Jamaal + 3rd Round WR (Jordy/Cobb) + Greg Olsen > Dez/Julio + 3rd Round RB (Gerhart/Bush) + Julius Thomas

Jamaal Charles was worth 382 points in PPR leagues last season. For reference, that's more than Alfred Morris and Zac Stacy posted COMBINED last season, and they were both top-25 RBs in PPR leagues.

Tight end is stacked this year. There's about six solid late round options that are worthy of starting this year; Greg Olsen, Kyle Rudolph, Zach Ertz, Jordan Reed, Dennis Pitta, etc.

And sure, maybe you can go ahead and draft Dez or Julio in the first round in place of Jamaal, but then you have to wait until the third round to draft your top RB. The top RBs are typically off the board in the first two rounds. He'd be looking at leaning on a guy like Toby Gerhart, Reggie Bush or Ryan Mathews as his RB1.

In my opinion... Jamaal + 3rd Round WR (Jordy/Cobb) + Greg Olsen > Dez/Julio + 3rd Round RB (Gerhart/Bush) + Julius Thomas

your also forgetting the extra 8th rd pick he would get

and no way jordy is there in the 3rd rd in a ppr 14 team come on now cobb should be gone also lets say kennen allen

378 charles 220 for allen ill be nice and give reed 150 points vs

290dez 240 bush 215 julius plus 8th rd

and thats saying charles repeats forsure no thanks not even close imo

ik thats last years stats but those seem like repeatable numbers for all accept charles

Don't sit here and attempt to plan out the rest of your draft - look at ALL of the different answers you're getting.

I would either keep Charles or Ball. TE has some nice late-round fliers worth using on a weekly basis. Charles and Ball are RB1's and are difficult to replace. Both guys are good value - Charles never lasts til pick 14 and Ball should certainly not last until the 4th