Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ZChronicNebula

Blockbuster Trade! (Charles+Garcon for Ball+Green) (NON-PPR)

Personally, I think Ball is a bigger risk than Charles is. However, teh Ball/Green combo is pretty hard to say no to. So I have no issue with it. But my personal opinion is that Charles is the #1 RB again this year, FWIW.

Return the favor?

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=457454

i moe for ball and green great trade every back peyton has ever had was been fantasy gold the avg numbers for a rb with peyton is ridiculous 1st rd avg for career

Thanks for the help with mine. Yes, I would make that deal. That gives you two top-5 WRs, and Ball isn't a huge dropoff from Charles. I'm nervous with his high usage, the loss of three linemen, and he will definitely regress in total TDs.

As stated before, this whole thing comes down to Ball. If he can actually pass-block and stay in the game as a true RB1, then take the deal cause he could end up a top 12 back. But it certainly isn't a 100% lock out here (I happen to live in Denver) and Hillman is much better at pass protection which is way more important to Manning, but Hillman also can't stop fumbling. Go with your gut, but either way, your team is pretty loaded. If it was me, I would probably do it and roll the dice.

it is risky, but considering your roster, I say pull the trigger on that trade.

I am a huge fan of Montee Ball this season, I am buying on the hype. But...Jamaal Charles is on a different planet. that being said I think AJ Green is enough to close the gap on this trade. He is a top 5 guy and I wouldn't be surprised if he's top 3 this season. If you think Ball can handle the load he should be in for a monster stat line

I'd personally rather have Brandon Marshall over AJ Green if that option is still available. The Bengals will not throw it nearly as much this year.

I'd personally rather have Brandon Marshall over AJ Green if that option is still available. The Bengals will not throw it nearly as much this year.

Yeah I feel you.

Green will get more double-coverage.

Marshall has a better QB than Green.?

Also a more balanced offense with Forte/Alshon...

It's my choice between Green & Marshall in the deal. & Ik the owner would rather trade Marshall...

Note: I know I know my fantasy. But I drafted Garcon over Ball in the 4th rd... Everyone was sleeping on Ball in my draft, and I slept too. Lol. How bad is that tho?.. basically I should have Ball&TSmith instead of Ellington&Garcon, and my draft would've been flawless... But yeah, sh*t happens

Normally I side with the best player in the trade. And in this case I probably would do just that stay with the Charles side. But I don't think Garcon is in for a good season, too many targets to go around and RGIII has me nervous. I also think Ball is in for a great season, had him 7th ranked on my board at RB with Charles 3rd. And AJ Green would be fun to own ... You know what, maybe I would do the trade, it's a gamble but could be a fun one.

Just think about this. Willis McGahee was a top 13 RB in Denver two seasons ago before he got injured and Knowshon was top 5 last year. I mean as long as Ball stays healthy don't you at least think he finishes in the middle there? Plus you get AJ Green on top of it, I'd take it.

Trades like these make me too nervous. I'm always worried I'll be on the losing end. Having Dez and Green would be huge but I think your RBs are weaker. If Ball has the great season he could have then it's a great trade.

I like the Ball & Green side slightly more. Couple of points, I would be less fearful of an injury to JC and more concerned about the changes to the OLIne. if you're that concerned about an injury, obviously you'll want to pick up Knile. Second point is after acquiring Ball to someone who is high on him and try and get a safer RB imo. I realize Ball's upside is huge but I do worry about him busting.