Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LyondellBasell

Mercedes Lewis 2014 Outlook

Ill pass, Indy got gashed by NE, maybe Denard Robinson does the same, but I am not picking up a guy who just came back from an injury. How did Rudolph work out in his return?

Good point and JAX does have other weapons in the pass attack. Lewis is obv a desperation play.

Ill pass, Indy got gashed by NE, maybe Denard Robinson does the same, but I am not picking up a guy who just came back from an injury. How did Rudolph work out in his return?

Slight difference, seeing as Lewis has been practicing in full since before their bye week. I certainly understand the hesitation, and if you have a nice option at TE don't even bother, but for a lot of us who have been getting next to nothing out of the spot this year (Kelce, Reed, Davis, etc.), plus all the injuries (JT, Allen, etc.), I think he is a play with some possible upside.

With Olsen on bye this week, there aren't any better options with more upside. I'm taking a flyer, in part because he has been practicing for two weeks. I don't expect great things, but if he can manage 3-4 catches, he could be worth the risk.

Bump time Anyone else taking the plunge and picking him up?

You really seem to be propping up Lewis in multiple threads, for whatever reason. :)

I know man. I just need a backup plan as a Julius owner. I'm just trying to gauge y'all's opinions on Lewis.

I own Julius as well and thru Friday he hasn't practiced. So picking up Lewis based on his schedule for the next two weeks. Indy is 29th vs TEs in my league and Lewis's next opponent after that is the Giants who are 26th vs TE. I don't have much faith in Tamme based on past history plus Miami is 14th vs TEs. Please come back soon OJ.

As a guy who doesn't want my league mates to have any remotely decent TE options, I am thinking about picking up Marcedes Lewis too before Sunday.

Lewis will at least be a solid TD thread. 5 games with a TD in his last 7 games. Also, he has not played with Bortles yet. Not saying Bortles is great or anything, but he is an upgrade over Henne and Gabbert.

Shorts is fine, but Hurns and Lee aren't going to be great intermediate-to-short options. I think Lewis is at least serviceable for garbage time. Also, not that it matters here, but bump Denard Robinson up too. Lewis is one of the better blocking TEs out there. Clay Harbor was a liability as a blocker.

As a guy who doesn't want my league mates to have any remotely decent TE options, I am thinking about picking up Marcedes Lewis too before Sunday.

Lewis will at least be a solid TD thread. 5 games with a TD in his last 7 games. Also, he has not played with Bortles yet. Not saying Bortles is great or anything, but he is an upgrade over Henne and Gabbert.

Shorts is fine, but Hurns and Lee aren't going to be great intermediate-to-short options. I think Lewis is at least serviceable for garbage time. Also, not that it matters here, but bump Denard Robinson up too. Lewis is one of the better blocking TEs out there. Clay Harbor was a liability as a blocker.

Thanks for that Denard Robinson nugget of information...that helps me a lot.

The fact that he isn't even showing up on the Jags Wk 12 injury report is pretty good sign.

In a week with two viable starters on bye and a bunch of injuries/question marks, Lewis seems like one of the more intriguing lottery tickets at the position this week.

I know this doesn't help anyone but I just get the feeling that this guy is going to be good ROS and worth picking up. I think I might just do it because the gut feeling is there and he seemed to put up a pretty good stat line the first couple of games prior to getting hurt.

Found this article about Marcedes and I think I am going to pick him up. It sounds like they are just going to throw it up to him quite often and let him make plays. I also like how it said that he scored a TD in 4 of his last 5 games last year. Dude should be getting redzone looks plus this week I think I read he is playing the 3rd worst defense against TE.

http://jacksonville.com/sports/football/jaguars/2014-11-20/story/jaguars-eager-welcome-back-tight-end-marcedes-lewis-offense

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasyfootball/update/24825890/jaguars-marcedes-lewis-confident-hell-be-heavily-targeted-week-12

Jaguars tight end Marcedes Lewis remains confident that Blake Bortles will be targeting him often in his first game back against the Colts in Week 12, per the Florida Times-Union. Lewis will make his first appearance since suffering a high left ankle sprain Week 2, and his first with Bortles this season.

"He's not afraid to throw me that ball, period," Lewis said. "He threw me a couple passes in practice [Monday] that were good balls. He told me 'Look, now I know I can throw the ball up there for you.'"

Should be a pretty good red zone target for Bortles. Definitely liking what I'm reading here. For those who need a TE or need a speculative pick up at TE, this could be your guy.