Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dismissed

What do you do if you TIE in the 2nd round of playoffs?

Me and someone else tied exactly for points this week.

What is the next thing you go by to determine who moves on?

1. Record of regular season?

2. The amount of points scored in a season?

I have no idea.

You go bye your league rules on tiebreakers. If you dont have any, then I'd go by overall pints.

Since it is post season...

It would be...overall record in the regular season...then if you had tying the same regular season records then it would go to overall points to go onto the next round?

Thats how I thought it would go...

I'd switch those two around...I'd say most points first. Then record.

Im not a big fan of just giving it to the bench guys', unless its in the rules, seeing as the guy might purposely have a crap bench or all of them injured.

Bench scoring is unreliable...a bench with, say, an extra reserve QBs will usually outscore a bench with an extra TE or an injured player. The whole art of lineups is not to waste points on your bench.

I think overall points over the course of the season is the fairest way to go, not team record. Your own scoring is the only thing you control, while many things can play into your record...such as running into a losing team that lucks into a 160 point week, or playing in a more competitive conference.

Case in point - I played in a 12 team league (3 conference champs and 1 wildcard team). All four teams in my conference had winning records, including myself and the wildcard team. I had the most points in the league, but didn't get the top seed because I trailed my c'ship opponent by half a game (tied a division opponent)...due to his team playing in a conference where nobody else was even close to .500. He could literally set up his playoff roster before the trade deadline, then got lucky that the wildcard team had Brady and a bunch of cripples that week in the first round. I really don't think a team like that should be rewarded again via the tie-breaker after already having had a playoff spot and first seed gift-wrapped beforehand.