Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anthony1

I dropped AP

I dropped him.

Call me crazy, but I'm in a 16 roster spot league, and every cut is very painful. I don't think AP plays another game this year. I don't have time to wait around and find out. I have to start claiming some of the decent RB's floating on the waiver wire. I dropped AP for Asiata and dropped Justin Hunter for Ahmad Bradshaw.

I need to go into week 2 with a bevy of RB's in that league, to see who I can roll with long term. I feel like Asiata will be a workhorse in AP's absence. Hopefully he can hold onto the job, because I'm not going to gamble on McKinnon yet.

What? SERIOUSLY?

I'm out. Can't deal with the knee jerk nonsense today. The dude was indicted on a pseudo child abuse accusation, not arrested for a shooting spree.

NooOOooOO.. should've waited a day or two to see how it plays out. Anyway, hope AP is done for the year for you

No I haven't seen the pictures but releasing your first round pick and possibly the best RB in the NFL because you think he will be out for the rest of the season is plain out stupid!

This isn't going to end well for AP, considering just last week they decided not to indict, but after this past week they do. This is child abuse! You don't "whoop" your child with sticks!

What? SERIOUSLY?

I'm out. Can't deal with the knee jerk nonsense today. The dude was indicted on a pseudo child abuse accusation, not arrested for a shooting spree.

Pseudo? He got charged with a felony. Not saying I would drop AP, but no way the NFL sweeps this under the rug.

Look, I know it's a bit of a gamble on my part, but my gut instict when looking at those pictures told me that AP is done for 2014.

I needed to make a move in my league to add two more RB's to deal with this new reality, and I grabbed Matt Asiata and Ahmad Bradshaw. With my No.1 pick a total bust, I must quickly adapt to my situation, and figure a way out of this mess. I figure the best strategy for now is to hoard RB's and see if I can find 5 RB's that I can rotate around in my starting lineup based on matchups. I don't like have to hold as many RB's as I'm holding now, but I'd rather do that in week 2, than see either Bradshaw or Asiata go nuts, and not get them via waivers next week. The Adrian Peterson situation could drag on for weeks and weeks, but I don't see him playing a down in 2014.

Not with those pictures being released.

I get you're going with your gut here, which is what it is. But before you dropped him, did you shop him to see if someone would be willing to take a chance?

I felt like I had to grab Asiata immediately. I also felt like I needed to grab Bradshaw too.

I've moved on from AP. I honestly don't think he will play a down this year, so why mess around and try to leave him on my roster? I don't see how the Vikings could allow him in a game. There would be a huge public outcry. Maybe if those pictures weren't all over the internet.

I'd of dropped welker instead of hunter personally

It's the other league. If I had AP in my 18 man roster league, I wouldn't have worried about it. I had AP in my 16 man league. The one with Aaron Rodgers.

I didn't really want to drop Hunter, but there are many decent WR's on the waiver wire, but not RB's with chances of actually being a legit starter for the remainder of the year. I figure that I'm going to have to trade packages of players together to dig myself out of this hole that I'm in.

Eventually I will find a team that has one solid RB, but really needs RB depth, and I'll try to offer the depth for that one good RB. It's pretty much the only way I can get back into it. Either that, or find a lottery ticket on the waiver wire.

situation might not look good but you don't have any definite news yet.. I think that was a bad move on your part not knowing the outcome yet.

It's a risky move, but I saw the pictures, and decided AP was done.

I decided to immediately move on, and try to make the best of the situation. I just don't see AP playing this year, but yes, there is a chance I could be proved wrong.

If I'm proven wrong, then it was a hasty decision for me to cut the guy. Fantasy is all about taking chances and risks, and I felt like I had to own Asiata and Bradshaw, and I didn't want to cut any of my other "core" players. I don't think Peterson will have any value this year, because I don't think he's going to play. So why continue to hold onto him ?

Sure, I could wait to find out this or that, but in the meanwhile another owner in my league is grabbing Bradshaw or Asiata and those guys could be very valuable to me in the weeks ahead.

honestly, I really don't want to be "rooting" for Peterson to be able to play.

DId you see the pictures ?

Marks like that is freaking abuse. Dude doesn't belong on the field, or on my team. I want to forget about him and move on.

First of all, isn't AP on the can't cut list?

Secondly, there is no way you should have dropped the guy. NOTHING has happened yet, we don't know if he will get suspended. His legal team hasn't even gone to work on this yet. If you didn't want him on your team, you could have traded him away. Dropping the guy this early in the game is foolish.

If i were you, i'd message the commissioner saying that this was a mistake, and have him undo the move.

AP is a f*ckboi!

Being a Vikings fan, Im baffled.

Time to change my pic...

Good thing I wanted to wait until next week to trade Charles for AP.