Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anthony1

I dropped AP

This is probably the worst move I've ever seen. I mean if he ends up not playing anymore, you're ok, but considering the info or lack thereof on AP at this time, it's the worst.

I have AP but no way in hell I am dropping him even if I could (I am on yahoo 12 team league and so he's on the can't cut list). While yes it looks like the vikings are deactivating him for this weeks game against the pats you can't just make that kind of decision yet. So instead I dropped D Will and picked up Mark Ingram. Some guy already had picked up Asiata and dropped Forsett. But at the same time I have both Megatron and Stafford so hopefully they should fill the void, they certainly did last week. But yeah my RB's now are Vereen, Pierre Thomas and Mark Ingram so not great. I also have Cameron at TE and it looks like he's not playing either so I had to Pick up Larry Donnell as Heat Miller was my backup and he already played. So yeah things just keep getting worse.

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Peterson-Deactivated-For-Sundays-Game/29e98dd7-c000-4e50-b1bd-824950d00df3

Seems like you dropped him mostly to make a quick jump on Ahmad Bradshaw, not a good idea in my opinion. If Bradshaw hasn't been scooped up by now, I doubt he would have been immediately, it's well worth the wait to hold off on Bradshaw than to quickly abandon your 1st round pick.

Bradshaw could have easily have still been on the wire, and if not, he isn't exactly a sure thing or much of any assurance. He still has to overtake the job from Richardson, and is a major injury risk himself. I would have rather have waited on AP, at least for a little bit.

Good one

I now saw the photos

I think it was a bit early in doing this.

What is the benefit of not waiting until more details emerge? Or even until Saturday night?

It's just a little bit of an impatient move IMO

Seems like you dropped him mostly to make a quick jump on Ahmad Bradshaw, not a good idea in my opinion. If Bradshaw hasn't been scooped up by now, I doubt he would have been immediately, it's well worth the wait to hold off on Bradshaw than to quickly abandon your 1st round pick.

Bradshaw could have easily have still been on the wire, and if not, he isn't exactly a sure thing or much of any assurance. He still has to overtake the job from Richardson, and is a major injury risk himself. I would have rather have waited on AP, at least for a little bit.

X10000

Good one

I now saw the photos

I think it was a bit early in doing this.

What is the benefit of not waiting until more details emerge? Or even until Saturday night?

It's just a little bit of an impatient move IMO

Ok, imagine that you're in a league with 16 rosters spots. You drafted your team with the idea that you were going to have one ultra solid, super elite RB1 holding down one of your RB spots all year long. I then went heavy on WR, and didn't get another RB till 6th round. So, I end up with a bunch of misc RB's that are fine when paired along with AP.

Then I hear about this abuse story about Adrian Peterson. When I first heard about it, I thought... oh snap, this guy will miss like 3 or 4 weeks because of this.

I was not at all in any panic mode right away.

Then, about an hour later I saw the pictures. After seeing those pictures, I just can't imagine a scenario in which Adrian Peterson takes the field in 2014. I don't see how it will happen with the Vikings or anybdoy else.

In fact, I'd be shocked if the Vikings are currently exploring the possibility of terminating Peterson's contract ala Ray Rice. If the Ravens can terminate Rice's contract, why wouldn't the Vikings be able to do the same with Peterson ? They would get out of owing him huge sums of money in the future, and his performance was somewhat on the decline anyways.

Sure, it might be hard to sell tickets without your meal ticket, but imagine trying to sell tickets to games with people protesting in front of the stadium with signs showing the pictures of the child abuse.

I just don't think there is any chance Peterson plays this year, so I acted swiftly to grab Asiata and Bradshaw, because I feel like long term, that move will benefit me more than holding onto Peterson like something is going to magically make all of this go away. Now, having said all of that, if I had 17 man rosters or 18 man rosters, I'd still hold onto Peterson for another week or two, but with 16 man rosters, I can't have bench spots wasting away, hoping that somehow this guy gets back on the field this year.

Keeps getting worse for the NFL, hitting the woman and now the child. Goodell is trying to save his job, not sure how the league reacts.

Your stupid

It's you're stupid. Which is very important if you're going to call someone stupid.

Oh no the grammar police showed up

An early Christmas present for someone else in the league. Someone who has good depth at RB will pick him up for free and can afford to stash him. There is no evidence that he will be suspended for the whole year and he has not even been indicted, much less gone to trial and been convicted. This is nowhere near as serious as the Rice thing and others, and this guy is a marquee player. Its likely the Vikes and the NFL will reinstate him pending the outcome of a trial. Its also highly likely that he will plea bargain to a much lesser offense to make this thing go away.

We'll see.

I say he doesn't play a down in 2014, some of you think overwise.

Think whatever you want.

I would have dropped AP too. (I ran for Asiata AND McKinnon the moment I heard the news; although I would have grabbed McKinnon instead of Bradshaw just off of upside. Bradshaw is still an injury risk an IS 28)

No way he plays another down this year considering all the negative press the NFL is getting with the Ray Rice situation and NOW this.

I don't care if you're trolling or not, I would have done the same if I had AP.

AP is done, theres no way he comes back anytime soon...those are some damning pics...how can the NFL let him play? I honestly think the Vikings did the League a favor deactivating him, bc the pressure on Goodell would have been huge...I grabbed Asiata too, but don't own AP...in Yahoo he's still uncuttable---we will see what happens...there is a slim chance he gets off on this charge, bc a lot of people who might sit on a jury would/could sympathize with him...I could easily see that happening, but between now and a trial date could be many months

I like how all the FF experts in the NFL--who undoubtedly heard the rumors--never felt obliged to mention those same rumors. I also like how Adam Schefter is using the term 'tree branch' to describe what most of us know as a switch. That choice of words is prejudicial

I would have dropped AP too. (I ran for Asiata AND McKinnon the moment I heard the news; although I would have grabbed McKinnon instead of Bradshaw just off of upside. Bradshaw is still an injury risk an IS 28)

No way he plays another down this year considering all the negative press the NFL is getting with the Ray Rice situation and NOW this.

I don't care if you're trolling or not, I would have done the same if I had AP.

100% agree. I don't think AP plays another down this season, and I want to love the players I have on my team. And after seeing those pictures, I now loathe the man.

Nice, ballsy move. I think you made the right call...

I'm own him too and don't blame you for dropping him if you seen the pic. The worse part is if you watch nfl network or sports center his lawyer is saying he's justifying it because it's how he was raised but dude he's a freak of nature... Imagine him whipping you let alone a 4 yr old child. He can bench like 30 reps of 300+ lbs. plus he's a millionaire and why tit for tat on your own flesh and blood. Hope those picks are wrong but if true i want him suspended f the year to do that to a 4 yr old.

Oops... Never drop your number one even it's the moral thing to do. This is fantasy after all.

sucks to be the people who dropped him. I was like No way I'm dropping him so I kept him and picked up Mark Ingram instead so it turns out to be a double win as it seems like Ingram is is also going to do very well.