Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gimmick413

My Championship Matchup

I can't believe I'm in the Championship game without players named Brady, Romo, LT, R.Moss, Owens, Housh, etc.

Building my team on RBs really helped (thank you Westbrook) and was really lucky to pickup D.Anderson (though he's been floundering the last few weeks). My RB depth was my saving grace (as I lost D.Ward and Parker to season-ending injuries).

I'm lucky some of my players are still playing for something in Wk17.

My dilemma is whether Wayne and Grant will get any meaningful minutes.

My starting lineup is currently (bolded players are LOCKED IN):

QB-D.Anderson

WR-Wayne --------------------> Crayton (@WAS)?

WR-Santana Moss

RB-Westbrook

RB-Jamal Lewis

TE-B.Watson (ugh. I have no backup TE because of a moves limit)

W/R-Grant ----------------------> Berrian (v. NO) or Calvin Johnson (@GB)?

K-Bironas

DEF-Washington

Thanks for all your help!

I'm in the same boat with Grant.

At the moment, i'm getting seasick.

B)

Looking at your situation the guy I would play is Calvin Johnson. GB won't play their starters and Martz will throw, throw, and throw some more. With KJ hurt and TJ running the ball I guess that means more air balls. I would suspect even if DET gets a lead on the Packers, Martz will continue to throw...could be a high scoring game unless weather plays a factor.

B)

Looking at your situation the guy I would play is Calvin Johnson. GB won't play their starters and Martz will throw, throw, and throw some more. With KJ hurt and TJ running the ball I guess that means more air balls. I would suspect even if DET gets a lead on the Packers, Martz will continue to throw...could be a high scoring game unless weather plays a factor.

So, play Calvin (bench Grant) and Crayton (bench Wayne)? I'd really hate to bench a RB in favor of a WR (esp. an inconsistent one), but at least Calvin and Crayton are sure to see the field more than Grant and Wayne.

So, play Calvin (bench Grant) and Crayton (bench Wayne)? I'd really hate to bench a RB in favor of a WR (esp. an inconsistent one), but at least Calvin and Crayton are sure to see the field more than Grant and Wayne.

I just read on Rotoworld that Martz may be out at the end of the season. Apparently, Marinelli is angry about Martzs' play calling and Martz is upset they won't just let him sling the ball around. I wonder if Martz goes out in a blaze of glory?

Martz abandons the run too easily

Could be a good thing in a WK17 Superbowl with Calvin Johnson as an option over a possible resting Ryan Grant.

Ryan Grant, who is just 101 yards away from reaching 1000, will not have his playing time extended based on the milestone.

Grant has only seen significant playing time since Week 8, which would make his accomplishment of the feat very impressive. Still, coach Mike McCarthy will likely rest his starters with nothing to play for, despite allowing them to play throughout a blowout loss last week.

Source: Green Bay Press-Gazette

Colts coach Tony Dungy said Thursday that he'd like to see Reggie Wayne get to 100 catches for the season.

Wayne would need eight receptions to reach that mark in Week 17. "We'll see what happens," Dungy said. The Colts could come out firing against the Titans, as Peyton Manning also needs 55 passing yards to get to 4,000 for the eighth straight season, surpassing his own NFL-best mark. Wayne and Manning likely won't play the whole game, but if Dungy is serious about getting him his catches, Wayne might stay in after Jim Sorgi relieves Peyton.

Source: colts.com

Cowboys signed WR Patrick Crayton to a four-year, $14 million contract extension through 2011. The deal includes a $6 million signing bonus. [in other news, Terry Glenn could be held out of Sunday's game due to expected rain in Washington.]

"New Orleans, without Mike McKenzie, will have to line up Jason David against Bernard Berrian. Happy days! Berrian is a virtual lock for a big game this week."

("Final Matchups" article by Rotoworld's Bill Barnwell)

==============

So, I still have the dilemma of whether or not to play Reggie Wayne.

The news about Ryan Grant makes it easier to bench him. (In favor of Berrian? I'm yet to decide.)

I also still have to play a combination of: Santana Moss (vs DAL), Patrick Crayton (@WAS), and/or Calvin Johnson (@GB, is weather a concern?)

With the news of Crayton's contract extension coupled with the news that Terry Glenn might be held out for weather reasons, does this increase the likelihood of a big game for Crayton? How will the rain in Fedex Field affect Santana Moss' production?