Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rocky

Playoff Office Pools

Are there any cool office pools to do for the NFL playoffs? My friends and I do a confidence pool during the regular season and are trying to think of something to do for the playoffs. Does anybody have any good ideas?

If you have 12 people you each kick in $20.

Put the name of each playoff team in a hat.

Everybody draws one.

You go by the spread. Say you drew New England, well you just got a bye for the first round.

Say you got Jacksonville. Well JAX is -2 over PIT, if JAX covers you move on to their next game. If PIT wins outright the guy w/ PIT moves on to the next game. If PIT loses by 1 the guy w/ PIT takes over JAX and moves on. ties go to the underdog...

winner take all...

We do a bracket pool in which we pick all the winners of the playoff games and Super Bowl.

1 Pt for first round

2 Pts. second round

4 pts winners of Championship Games

5 pts. Super Bowl Winner

Not a bad pool at all...

Of course if you pick the Skins to win the Super Bowl and they lose this weekend, you are out.

Everybody draws one.

You go by the spread. Say you drew New England, well you just got a bye for the first round.

Say you got Jacksonville. Well JAX is -2 over PIT, if JAX covers you move on to their next game. If PIT wins outright the guy w/ PIT moves on to the next game. If PIT loses by 1 the guy w/ PIT takes over JAX and moves on. ties go to the underdog...

winner take all...

If Pittsburgh lost 24-23, how would the guy who drew the Steelers compete the next week when his team is eliminated? Does he inherit the team that knocked out the one he had?

If Pittsburgh lost 24-23, how would the guy who drew the Steelers compete the next week when his team is eliminated? Does he inherit the team that knocked out the one he had?

That's a damn good question. I'd like to know too as I liked the original premise of that particular playoff pool.

Ive been in a playoff pool for about ten years now and in our office league we get to pick a QB,RB and WR each week of the playoffs. You accumilate points for yards(passing,rushing,recieving) and TDs. The trick is you cannot pick the same players again once you have used them. For Example:

Wilcard weekend I may pick:

QB-M. Hasselbeck

RB-C. Portis

WR-H. Ward

Now the following week I have to pick 3 different players. So basically you want to save players like Manning, Brady, Addia, Owens, Moss or other players you think will make it all the way to the S.B. If you pick Hasselbeck this week and Brady next week and both teams make it to the Super Bowl, you will already be at a disadvantage because that leaves you having to pick a backup QB. Its just something that has been fun and you have to have a stratagy. We usually do $5-$10 a guy and winner takes 75% and 2nd place gets 25% of money put in.

That's a damn good question. I'd like to know too as I liked the original premise of that particular playoff pool.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding of this would be... if you had Pitt in that scenario, you would take over Jax b/c Pitt lost the game but covered the spread. If the game is a push, then the person who drew the favored team moves on. I've done this in the past and it works out really well.

We do 20 bucks a person, draw a team out of a hat, whoever draws the SB winner gets 160 and whoever draws the SB loser gets 80.

We do a fantasy league at RT Sports. You can have up to 50 owners, so it works for a small or large office. Don't quote me, but I think you pick 2 QBs, 4 RBs, 4 WRs, 2 TEs, 2 K's and 2 D/ST's.

The fee at RT Sports is $19.95, I believe so if you get 12 guys, each kicking in $20, that leaves $219.95 in payouts. It's a lot of fun. We've been doing it for years. We do it with a bunch of buddies, their wives, etc. and we usually fill the whole 50 spots.

Everybody draws one.

winner take all...

Awesome. I love this idea. I've done this poll for the NCAA basketball tourney. I had forgotten all about it. Thanks for the idea.

He explained that the Pitt owner would then take Jax going forward. My office does the exact same thing. Have been doing so for years. I still remember the year I pulled the Ravens from the hat and was pissed off only to win the whole damn thing. B)

The one I do is pretty cool because anyone can really win it. This weekend, you pick the winner for each respective game but you rank them on your confidence from 1 up to 11 since there's 11 games. This weekend for example, you're bracket would look like this maybe...

11 SD

9 SEA

2 TBAY

1 PITT

You get that amount of points if the team you pick wins. Next week, you pick 4 more winners and slot them in the spots that are still left open. So if you thought New England would win, they could only be your 10 pick at best. Whoever has the most points at the end wins.

Yes, If Pittsburgh lost the game by 1 but covered the spread the person that had Pittsburgh takes over Jacksonville.

We are doing the 12 team, draw a team at my job. Games are straight up though. They point spread seems kida ridculous

The point spreads are what makes this type of pool fun. It's no fun to draw the Titans out of the hat this year, they aren't going to win outright. But pulling Tennessee at +10, you've got (by math logic) the same chance as the guy who pulled the Chargers. Plus this way gives you the shot to change up teams, like if Tennessee lost by 7, you'd advance and take over the Chargers in Round 2.

Playing this type of pool without point spreads is retarded, all you are doing is drawing for the Super Bowl Champ, the first 10 games mean nothing.

Here's a cool game that my friends and I play. You can create your own office pool but I think the deadline is coming up fast. The Public Game is already closed. The rules are simple and it's all free.

Last 2 Left Super Bowl office pool

We're doing a Last 2 pool again this year. The public game is closed but you can still create an office pool until Saturday. Let me know if anyone needs players.

Here's the details: 2009 NFL Playoff Office Pool - Last 2 Left

We do an elimination style game, where you can pick players 6 players at ANY position each week of the playoffs. (Def. also)

But once you use a particular player, you cannot use him again.

Scoring is based on whatever your league would have used during the regular season. (1pt...10yds rush rec... 1 point 20yrds pass... ect.)

Scoring is cumalitive ... High score at the end wins 75%, 2nd gets 25%.

Its fun and has lots of strategy... But basically you want to use up the best players you think WON'T be there the following week.