Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

phatjonny2001

Harrison Barnes 2014-2015 Season Outlook

Does he improve in his 3rd year (option was picked up by the Warriors) under a new coach (Kerr)?

He's starting and played 28 minutes in his first game.

Tonight, at the half he's got: 3/3FG 2-3FT 9PTS 1 3PTS 3REB 2AST 1STL (14+ minutes)

It appears the days of iso plays for Barnes is long gone and he's playing in transition and spotting up for jumpers when he's fed a pass. In addition, Iggy's minutes aren't going to be the same as a result of his knee injuries and he's playing more of a point forward (backup) role for the 2nd unit.

I guess time will tell but he's someone to keep on your radar if you're in a deep league.

He's the 3rd best fantasy SF on his team. I have a hard time managing he has value without injury or lives up to his draft pedigree.

Clearly the Warriors are showcasing him to the league... :D

Clearly the Warriors are showcasing him to the league... :D

*crosses fingers*

The Warriors are going to realize that the PF and SF positions should be collectively manned by Green, Barnes and Lee. I dont see a big role for Iguodala on this team for the long haul (and rightfully so). This will be critical for barnes getting the 32-33 mins he'll need to be relevent. Best case scenario is 15ppg-5.5rpg-1.5 assists with 1.5 threes with good efficiency. He wont do much in steals and blocks but there are worse options at the back end of a roster. He could easily best potential averages while Lee is out...

was just dropped in my 12-team league... anybody here own him? is he a good pick-up?

He's a solid pickup for Points, Boards & %'s, but I'm worried about what happens when Lee returns and Draymond starts eating into his minutes a bit

so underrated

Had the hot hand tonight; more often than not his lines aren't this great but the real test is to see what Lee does to his playing time.

Any indiciation if he would not play on Tuesday due to the laceration injury on his mouth?

so underrated

Had the hot hand tonight; more often than not his lines aren't this great but the real test is to see what Lee does to his playing time.

I want to pick him up but I am worried about when Lee comes back. Maybe Kerr doesn't want to rock the boat too much and keep going with what's working. Why switch it up? Who loses more minutes when Lee comes back. Green of Barmes?

Also when is Lee back? Any final verdict?

so underrated

I want to pick him up but I am worried about when Lee comes back. Maybe Kerr doesn't want to rock the boat too much and keep going with what's working. Why switch it up? Who loses more minutes when Lee comes back. Green of Barmes?

Probably Speights, Bogut, then Barnes. Green should be least affected.

so underrated

def not Green... that dude is ballin out of his mind lately...

so underrated

Really? You think the return of Lee is going to affect Bogut over Barnes? Im thinking Barnes is greatly affected once Lee returns...

Yep I think Barnes will play strictly SF and less smallball PF once Lee returns. Unless Warriors cut all of Speights minutes at C to play Lee there which is unlikely but you never know.

so underrated

def not Green... that dude is ballin out of his mind lately...

so underrated

Really? You think the return of Lee is going to affect Bogut over Barnes? Im thinking Barnes is greatly affected once Lee returns...

Yeah. I think Bogut was getting more minutes than they preferred.

was just dropped in my 12-team league... anybody here own him? is he a good pick-up?

What he just said...

I'm debating a drop in 10 man league. People still holding? Lee going to cap his value long term?

I'm debating a drop in 10 man league. People still holding? Lee going to cap his value long term?

His lack of steals/blocks will be what caps his value long term

Couple of nice outings in a row now. Trending up again?

Really wondering about his keeper value. His upside and future potential is higher than, say, a Gerald Green floor right?

For Some reason, Barnes was dropped (and I picked him up immediately) in my medium sized league (we start 160 players each week). Any Warriors fans around here that can comment on the kid. Only 22 years old and enjoying his best season as a pro. He doesn't do anything great, but also doesn't hurt you in anything. Seems like a nice middle of the lineup type filler player that produces something on a nightly basis.

Barnes is averaging career-high marks in points (10.4), rebounds (5.7), field goal shooting (50.6 percent) and three-point shooting (43.4 percent) this season.

"I sensed that he was not thrilled and not happy," Steve Kerr said when asked about Barnes' role last season. "It happens to everybody generally, so you have to respond, and it was my job as a coach to help him get his confidence back." Now back with the starting lineup this season, Barnes is thriving alongside the Splash Bros. Most interestingly, Kerr revealed that he could use Barnes at power forward more often going forward. "I think that's when we're the most dynamic and the most difficult to deal with," Kerr added. Feb 23 - 10:36 AM