Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ManImCool

An Open Discussion on Adrian Peterson's Current Trade Value

Let's say you're one of the lucky ones that gets AP after waivers process tonight, and wondering what you could sell for. Or let's pretend you're one of the ones that missed out on him, and must obtain him.

Based on today, November 4th, and his current situation (plea deal official, no official word positive or negative from the NFL yet), where do people value him?

Buyers, what are you giving up for him? Obviously if your RBs are Demarco and Foster, you're not in the hunt for a new RB. But if you are stacked at WR or maybe 2 monster TEs, or maybe 2 top-5 QBs, you might be willing to trade. What kind of talent are you willing to trade away for a lottery ticket today?

Sellers, are you holding no matter what until more news is handed down? At what point is a trade offer too good to pass up and you take it, even if it means you might miss out on having an active AP for free?

Sammy watkins for AP was proposed to me. Granted it was the first offer I got... I might take it since I need wr help

It entirely depends on people's rosters but I don't see anybody trading a top 10-15 RB unless they have a surplus of options and are a lock for the playoffs. A lot of teams out there are loaded at WR or QB so you could probably get a solid player at those positions.

You're not getting a top 3 TE. Could maybe get an Olsen and could likely get a Kelce type but I don't think I would trade AP for anything besides Olsen or better.

You're probably looking at just below the Maclin/Hilton tier at WR. Guys like Benjamin, Steve Smith, Watkins, Hopkins, Roddy could be had probably.

It seems like a lot of leagues have teams with QB situations where I bet you could get anyone outside of Manning, Luck, Rodgers, or Brees potentially.

If you're in a dynasty league or keeper league, he is valuable. But I doubt anyone would've dropped him in such a league.

In a single season league, I think he has no value at all. Don't buy into this hype just because it was announced he will not get jail time today. it means nothing in regards to him playing again this season.

There's no way in hell he sees the field again this season for the Vikings. It would be a nightmare for public relations if they let him play again this season. All the soccer moms who don't believe in spanking will cry and raise their pitchforks. AP doesn't stand a chance to see the field again this year. Now.. that's just my opinion.