Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Darcmenace

Sunshine

Amazing visuals, the effects were just beautful. The movie kind of scared me a little bit. But other than that the acting was great and I liked the idea of restarting the sun. What else scared me was that these people came to a realization they are mostly likely dead and they couldnt escape it. If they fail, everyone dies. Kind of a scary thought for the ones on board. However, I liked, but did not like the whole monster aspect of the movie. I liked the twist with it, that was cool. But I dont know, it just seemed really out of place. Would have been a lot better if they stuck to the sci-fi swing of things. But all and all, a good movie.

Haven't even heard of this one. Next 2 on my list to see are There Will Be Blood and Rambo. Rambo purely for the terrible acting that will go on.

"When you're pushed, killing is easy as breathing." - John Rambo

Amazing visuals, the effects were just beautful. The movie kind of scared me a little bit. But other than that the acting was great and I liked the idea of restarting the sun. What else scared me was that these people came to a realization they are mostly likely dead and they couldnt escape it. If they fail, everyone dies. Kind of a scary thought for the ones on board. However, I liked, but did not like the whole monster aspect of the movie. I liked the twist with it, that was cool. But I dont know, it just seemed really out of place. Would have been a lot better if they stuck to the sci-fi swing of things. But all and all, a good movie.

This is pretty much what Ebert and Roeper said about it. They tried to do too much and there was really no need for the monster aspect. If I remember correctly Roeper did say it was a decent movie and gave it a thumbs up. I'll be renting it soon, but i'm not expecting too much.

tried to watch this movie but it was incredibly boring and monotonous to start off. i fell asleep probably before the movie got going and i never revisited it. maybe i should give it another chance.

cillian murphy gives me the creeps, i dunno why.

Watched it last weekend...started off well but it did get silly toward the end...they could have just stuck to the psychological effects of the mission and left the "monster" crap out of it...that part reminded me of "Event Horizon"...

I saw the coming attraction of Sunshine on another DVD I had. It looked interesting & like the kind of movie I'd be into. It's close to the top of my Netflix queue ...

tried to watch this movie but it was incredibly boring and monotonous to start off. i fell asleep probably before the movie got going and i never revisited it. maybe i should give it another chance.

cillian murphy gives me the creeps, i dunno why.

Watched it last night and I gotta say I was glad when it finally ended. And if Cillian Murphy is the guy I think he is he gives me the creeps too. I honestly can't stand him ever since I watched the movie Red Eye.(worst movie every)

I finally got Sunshine from my Netflix. Sure, it's has flaws, but I enjoyed it overall. Danny Boyle is just a great director & the performances felt believable to me. I must say that I found the score particularly effective, the cinematography was beautiful, & I really appreciated the stylish twists on certian things such as (SPOILER)

the special effects used to distort the body of the killer, Pinbacker.

This is NOT a film that would appeal to a mass audience, but I think sci-fi fans would appreciate it. I gave it a solid 7 on IMDB.

P.S.

Here's a fun bit of trivia from IMDB: "The character 'Kenny' from "South Park" (1997) was used as a design reference for the funnel-shaped helmet."