Dakines

Rotoworld's blurb 'consistency'

Bruski makes my teeth hurt because I'm so filled with rage when I read him that I clinch my jaw the whole time. And I can always tell when he's writing the blurbs. Thanks for the endless updates on Kyle O'Quinn, brah.

• Like 7

Bruski makes my teeth hurt because I'm so filled with rage when I read him that I clinch my jaw the whole time. And I can always tell when he's writing the blurbs. Thanks for the endless updates on Kyle O'Quinn, brah.

You think 15 blurbs on O'Quinn since November 3rd is excessive? Rotoworld readers probably get more updates on O'Quinn than his mom and girlfriend combined.

• Like 3

Bruski is a clown. Because of him, Kyle O'Quinn leads the league in BPD (blurbs per day) with an astonishing 1.33 since 11/3. :blink:

• Like 1

There's absolutely no point in trying to do trades when every player have a big a** ranking next to them which some people follow by instead of what they need, and then the endless blurbs on saying so and so is a buy low and then this guy is a sell high lol. "Mcw is coming back and Wroten is absolutely not going to keep this up, sell high on him if possible" Yeah thanks for not making it possible yahoo.

• Like 1

Miles Plumlee went from shouldn't be owned in 20 team leagues to should be owned in all leagues in a week.

• Like 5

Courtney Lees today brought the lols

A bench player that just shoots 3s....

• Like 1

"Elfrid Payton's horrific shooting in his rookie season continued on Saturday against the Wizards, making 1-of-6 from the field for three points, three rebounds, uneasiest and two steals in 16 minutes."

uneasiest

• Like 1

"Elfrid Payton's horrific shooting in his rookie season continued on Saturday against the Wizards, making 1-of-6 from the field for three points, three rebounds, uneasiest and two steals in 16 minutes."

uneasiest

The RW office computers still haven't been upgraded from WordPerfect 1982.

• Like 1

uneasiest

The RW office computers still haven't been upgraded from WordPerfect 1982.

Or worse, he wrote the blurb on his phone while getting a cavity filled at the dentist's office

Rarely post on the basketball threads, although I browse frequently as I am getting back into the game after a 2 year layoff.....But I just had to get this out here:

Mo Williams exploded for a Timberwolves franchise-high 52 points in Tuesday's stunning road win vs. the Pacers, sinking 19-of-13 shots with six 3-pointers, four rebounds and seven assists.

Yes, you read that correctly -- Mo eclipsed the highest-scoring games of all former T-Wolves players, including Kevin Garnett, Kevin Love and Tony Campbell. Williams hadn't even scored 30 points in a game since March of 2012 and this was totally unforeseeable vs. a Pacers team that ranks 9th in defensive efficiency. Mo is now averaging 24.4 points over the past five games and is worth deploying for short-term value, but be mindful that his value is tenuous with Ricky Rubio (ankle) nearing a return. Jan 13 - 10:04 PM

Just a bad error, but it became laughable when they literally tell us we read it correctly.

For those wondering, he was really 19-33.

• Like 1

Rarely post on the basketball threads, although I browse frequently as I am getting back into the game after a 2 year layoff.....But I just had to get this out here:

Mo Williams exploded for a Timberwolves franchise-high 52 points in Tuesday's stunning road win vs. the Pacers, sinking 19-of-13 shots with six 3-pointers, four rebounds and seven assists.

Yes, you read that correctly -- Mo eclipsed the highest-scoring games of all former T-Wolves players, including Kevin Garnett, Kevin Love and Tony Campbell. Williams hadn't even scored 30 points in a game since March of 2012 and this was totally unforeseeable vs. a Pacers team that ranks 9th in defensive efficiency. Mo is now averaging 24.4 points over the past five games and is worth deploying for short-term value, but be mindful that his value is tenuous with Ricky Rubio (ankle) nearing a return. Jan 13 - 10:04 PM

Just a bad error, but it became laughable when they literally tell us we read it correctly.

For those wondering, he was really 19-33.

LOL mo Williams made shots he DIDNT EVEN TAKE. That's how he got to 50+ lol

I really don't know why I keep reading the RW blurbs. I guess it's a force of habit. I've been using Twitter as my news source for a few years now and I've seen how crucial it can be getting the news first. Following analysts and team writers from all over the league gives you quite an advantage that sometimes can be measured in hours over people that get their information from fantasy news websites.

This is because on the RW website you get an unfiltered stream of player news, unlike Twitter where you have player news mixed with other NBA reports and commentary, and mixed with your general feed of selfies and food pics from friends. And in terms of the RW blurbs on the fantasy page itself, it's just more convenient to access the latest news of your player directly from the list itself and not having to go through twitter/RW website. This makes RW blurbs useful overall, not so much the advice sometimes but the easiness and accessibility of the latest player news.

Btw I've been meaning to start a Twitterverse topic thread. I'll make one later or tomorrow. I agree that Twitter is very important that I have myself created a separate secondary Twitter account just for NBA/fantasy basketball.

Edited by Mark Domingo
  • Like 2

I really don't know why I keep reading the RW blurbs. I guess it's a force of habit. I've been using Twitter as my news source for a few years now and I've seen how crucial it can be getting the news first. Following analysts and team writers from all over the league gives you quite an advantage that sometimes can be measured in hours over people that get their information from fantasy news websites.

This is because on the RW website you get an unfiltered stream of player news, unlike Twitter where you have player news mixed with other NBA reports and commentary, and mixed with your general feed of selfies and food pics from friends. And in terms of the RW blurbs on the fantasy page itself, it's just more convenient to access the latest news of your player directly from the list itself and not having to go through twitter/RW website. This makes RW blurbs useful overall, not so much the advice sometimes but the easiness and accessibility of the latest player news.

Btw I've been meaning to start a Twitterverse topic thread. I'll make one later or tomorrow. I agree that Twitter is very important that I have myself created a separate secondary Twitter account just for NBA/fantasy basketball.

Yeah gotta second this. The content they get is great... you get the news quickly and without having to sort through mountains of other info. The advice isn't always consistent or what I'd do, but that's not what I use the blurbs for. Just a quick and easy way of getting info as it happens.

I could be wrong but I think one or two of the blurbs told us to drop Brandon Jennings about a week and a half ago. If I would have done that I wouldn't have been able to trade Jennings for Jeff Teague today. Thanks Rotoworld.

Who would make that trade ?

lol

Chris Andersen held his starting job throughout Tuesday's loss in L.A., finishing with 12 points, eight boards, one assist, three blocks and zero turnovers... The heat loss to the lakers?

Muscala started for Al Horford (rest) and had six points (3-10 FG) and nine rebounds in 26 minutes in the win over the 76ers on Tuesday. Did horford rested while having a trip dub. wow.

seriously rotoworld? wth is going on.

Not sure if this has been brought up, but what's up with RW always pimpin' DMC after every good game as FBB's #1 Center. Did the unibrow somehow drop off?

Something I've noticed pretty much all fantasy year as well.

As someone mentioned earlier I really wish that the authors would put their initials at the bottom of the updates. The constant yo-yoing is getting pretty absurd.

Also does anyone love noticing the countless grammatical and spelling errors in updates immediately after games ?

Hey, a lot of guys drink beer while watching games on TV. Why would the RW blurb guys be any different?

• Like 1

Something I've noticed pretty much all fantasy year as well.

As someone mentioned earlier I really wish that the authors would put their initials at the bottom of the updates. The constant yo-yoing is getting pretty absurd.

If Kyle O'Quinn ever magically has another good game, don't be surprised if you see the initials "A.B." under the blurb. Otherwise it's total anonymity.

Not sure if this has been brought up, but what's up with RW always pimpin' DMC after every good game as FBB's #1 Center. Did the unibrow somehow drop off?

probably considering davis more a pf than center.

Also does anyone love noticing the countless grammatical and spelling errors in updates immediately after games ?

Hey, a lot of guys drink beer while watching games on TV. Why would the RW blurb guys be any different?
Yeah but..... I think they probably consider this a source of income aka a job and why would you put drunk s---y blurbs out with that being the case? You'd think somebody should be held accountable for the trash?

it would be nice if the writer of the blurb was noted, say, by an initial at the end. i say that because i give more credence to the analysis from some writers than others (e.g., i prefer gallagher to bruski or doc).

Edited by natti