Dakines

Rotoworld's blurb 'consistency'

I enjoy looking for their blurbs when one of my players goes off, its kind of like a guilty pleasure. I read them before checking the box score, the more positive blurbs, the more I have a sense that I had a good fantasy day. Although I can also have the bad fantasy blurbs.

• Like 2

I enjoy looking for their blurbs when one of my players goes off, its kind of like a guilty pleasure. I read them before checking the box score, the more positive blurbs, the more I have a sense that I had a good fantasy day. Although I can also have the bad fantasy blurbs.

lol I feel you

• Like 1

Wed, Mar 11

Lance Galloway was awful in Tuesday's road loss, scoring four points on 2-of-10 shooting with four assists, three turnovers, and zero rebounds, steals or assists.

Advice: Jazz rookie Dante Exum is proving to be a pesky defender, which contributed to Galloway's struggles. The only real consolation is that this is one of five games for the Knicks this week, and Lance has three more opportunities to put tonight's dud behind him.

(Rotoworld.com)

Lance

Lance

Lance

• Like 2

Wed, Mar 11

Lance Galloway was awful in Tuesday's road loss, scoring four points on 2-of-10 shooting with four assists, three turnovers, and zero rebounds, steals or assists.

Advice: Jazz rookie Dante Exum is proving to be a pesky defender, which contributed to Galloway's struggles. The only real consolation is that this is one of five games for the Knicks this week, and Lance has three more opportunities to put tonight's dud behind him.

(Rotoworld.com)

Lance

Lance

Lance

Awesome Post.

Go and immediately pick up this "Lance Galloway" fella. He has three more chances to go off his week.

Kelly Olynyk wasn't worth owning for those "cruising toward playoffs" now he is back to being a "must-stash" player. Who would rely on these blurbs for FA advice?

Kelly Olynyk wasn't worth owning for those "cruising toward playoffs" now he is back to being a "must-stash" player. Who would rely on these blurbs for FA advice?

Nobody. BBM is for fantasy advice, Rotoworld is for fantasy entertainment. Big difference.

From Hollis Thompson

Hollis Thompson started against the Celtics on Monday during a 108-89 loss, scoring 13 points with two rebounds, two assists, two steals and two 3-pointers.

Advice: He's playing well over his last five, averaging 12.2 points, 3.4 boards, 1.8 assists, 1.4 steals and 2.4 treys on 50.0 percent from the field. That's good enough to own in standard leagues, but Thompson is overachieving a little. Considering the 76ers only have two more games this week, he's not a great pickup right now.

(Rotoworld.com)

dont they have 4 games this week and only one just finished? 4-1 = 2???

Latest JV blurb: "The minutes have been a bit up lately and Valanciunas is responding"

No, they have not, they've actually come down - he's just beasting and has been ranked 33rd for last week in only 24 mpg (81% fg!).

3/14 Anthony Morrow: "There's no real fantasy value here unless you're desperately chasing threes."

3/18 Anthony Morrow: "should be one of the hottest pickups in fantasy right now"

Thanks for the awesome advice back on 3/14 RW, keep up the good work.

Edited by Roto4500
  • Like 4

One of the good ones from Wednesday night:

Enes Kanter (ankle) had a bad limp following Wednesday's game against the Celtics.

He was using a team employee as a crutch and couldn't put much weight on his left foot. At this point, it looks like Kanter is going to miss Friday's game, so there will be a ton of minutes going to Steven Adams. Besides him, there are not really many adds to make with Kevin Durant (foot) likely back for Friday.
Since that was a report from the locker room, the blurb was clearly made after the game. So then an hour later, they declared Anthony Morrow "one of the hottest pickups in fantasy right now." So basically, after the Thunder's game, they went from having nobody other than Adams worth adding to Anthony Morrow being one of the hottest adds in fantasy.
Obviously, either a rush job on posting the blurbs or two different people covering the same team for the night. Not to mention that Morrow probably isn't that hot of a pickup.
By the way, when was Durant ever "likely" to return on Friday?
Edited by Main Event
  • Like 1

I really hope they read this thread - i have a suggestion..

Start having the STAFF put their names on the blurbs - whoever wrote the Batum one screwed a lot of people when it mattered the most.

The source clearly stated, he MIGHT get some minutes.. Yet RW went balls to the wall with their writeup saying get him in your lineup and he should see a good chunk of minutes.

I'm willing to bet there's a few folks on staff that consistently write crappy blurbs.. PUT YOUR NAME ON IT!

• Like 1

Paul George's blurb last Friday about him playing the next game was total bs. Don't they know people got money riding on this.

Nicolas Batum will come off the bench with Allen Crabbe starting in his place against the Jazz on Wednesday.

Advice: This sounds about right from coach Terry Stotts. Batum should still see a nice chunk of minutes tonight and should be in all lineups. Crabbe is not a fantasy option.

More: Mike Barrett on Twitter

(Rotoworld.com)

Were they serious about this? Good thing i did not read it on time and swapped batum from the bench.

Yesterday about Teague (and similar tone applied to other hawks i believe as well): "He is almost certainly going to rest on Tuesday, so his fantasy owners should plan for him not to play.". And yet he is set to play tonight. If you have no idea just dont write this speculative bull****. Some may actully make their moves according to "expert advice". Fortunately I dont.

• Like 2

One for the road . . .

Al Jefferson said it's unlikely that he'll exercise the opt out clause in his contract to become a free agent in July.

We'll monitor this situation throughout the summer, but this would be great news for Hornets fan if Big Al sticks to his word and returns. Jefferson also added that he'd like to lose 25 pounds this summer, which would hopefully help him further exacerbate his existing knee injury.
Um, how does losing weight make a knee injury worse? :wacko:
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

One for the road . . .

Al Jefferson said it's unlikely that he'll exercise the opt out clause in his contract to become a free agent in July.

We'll monitor this situation throughout the summer, but this would be great news for Hornets fan if Big Al sticks to his word and returns. Jefferson also added that he'd like to lose 25 pounds this summer, which would hopefully help him further exacerbate his existing knee injury.

I lose weight when I exacerbate too much. Better than going blind, I guess. *shrugs

One for the road . . .

LOL good find. These blurbs never cease to entertain.

I swear, can no one properly spellcheck/proofread a 3-sentence blurb? I even read over my own forum posts to make sure they make sense, and they won't be seen by nearly as many people as the traffic for these blurbs.

It mostly becomes evident when a player they've been overhyping (Leonard, Myers) has a good game. The blurb will normally say something like "The break out we promised you is here, jump on board now or regret it!"

But then they will take a player in a similar situation, who they happened to have talked down and in that situation the blurb is normally something like "This game has fluke written all over it, don't rush to pick them up"

It's "i have a gut feeling" presented as legit analysis. I love RW and has been a great resource for years, just a tiny call out.

They seem to really hate Jahil Okafor as well, calling his start "atrocious" when in reality he's been a consistent asset (for a rookie).

Nikola Mirotic needed just 19 minutes against the 76ers on Monday to score 17 points, adding two rebounds, one block and five 3-pointers.

The 76ers can cure what ails a shooter like few other things, but Mirotic owners will take it. He is starting to get it turned around in his last five, averaging 11.0 points, 6.6 boards, 1.8 assists, 0.6 blocks, 0.6 steals and 2.2 treys in just 20.2 minutes. His buy-low window is closing.

Lol buy low window for one of their babies hahaha too funny

• Like 1

Nikola Mirotic needed just 19 minutes against the 76ers on Monday to score 17 points, adding two rebounds, one block and five 3-pointers.

The 76ers can cure what ails a shooter like few other things, but Mirotic owners will take it. He is starting to get it turned around in his last five, averaging 11.0 points, 6.6 boards, 1.8 assists, 0.6 blocks, 0.6 steals and 2.2 treys in just 20.2 minutes. His buy-low window is closing.

Lol buy low window for one of their babies hahaha too funny

This one takes the cake. What about his recent decline of minutes makes anyone optimistic about the future. How is it a buy low when this guy continues to sink in value due to the decline in minutes? Do they know something about a potential lineup change and they just haven't posted it? Noah's been playing much better and Miro's defense is atrocious. But because he was over drafted and over hyped by RW (just like Danny Green and Meyers Leonard) they can't in good conscience recommend a drop when dropping for the right free agent (Baze, Barton, etc.) would have been a game changer for most owners.