Dakines

Rotoworld's blurb 'consistency'

19 minutes ago, arbitraryrating said:

Yes, that's fair. I used to do that regularly until my league went with a FAAB waiver system with max 3 adds per week.  It's still a cop-out though I believe. 

They also overuse phrases such as "makes sense" and "if you need a Center"

But similar to what you said, I read it as "this guy isn't amazing but if you are hurting at that position, he holds slightly more value"

They just do not take a definitive stance on anything basically since Bruski left.  Actually, when you think about it, they basically booted this guy because he held definitive positions and stuck to them.  This blurb crew seems to deal more and more in increasingly vague and chameleon like language and limp positions.  I suppose that's more what I was getting at above.

Bruski was an assclown but his blurbs were at least useful for unintentional comedy. Him and his bizarre, slobbering love affair with KOQ. Those were the days.

48 minutes ago, Kaboom said:

Bruski was an assclown but his blurbs were at least useful for unintentional comedy. Him and his bizarre, slobbering love affair with KOQ. Those were the days.

This is kind of an aside but I don't get why this community is so critical of his touting of KOQ.  This season KOQ has per-36 numbers that would equate to 3rd round value.  It makes sense to be on a guy who can do that.  

And not to burst into Bruski defense here, but the guy was screaming for Isaiah Thomas for like 4 years and now Thomas is an All Star putting up 1st/2nd round value recently.

• Like 3

BTW can we talk about RW "chat consistency" in this thread? Does anybody read or participate in these weekly chats? Knaus legit copies and pastes his blurbs to about 20% of the questions he picks to answer.

2 hours ago, arbitraryrating said:

They just do not take a definitive stance on anything basically since Bruski left.  Actually, when you think about it, they basically booted this guy because he held definitive positions and stuck to them.  This blurb crew seems to deal more and more in increasingly vague and chameleon like language and limp positions.  I suppose that's more what I was getting at above.

I don't mind it but I guess now that I think about it, I don't use the blurbs for much other than injury and rotation news.  I don't give a s--- what some dude says about, say, Anthony Tolliver, but I do care if coach is saying Tolliver is the starting PF until he loses it (which I don't actually know was said...but I'd be interested in knowing that).

But I agree that blurbs that say "This guy is playing well" when he's playing well and "this guy is playing poorly" when he's playing poorly are pointless.  I think I actually said as much someone on this forum about Harkless this year.  A poster was like "when is rotoworld going to stop saying Harkless is going to come back to Earth?" and my response was "If they think that, they should say it."  If the blurbs consisted of a report on how they've been playing with no predictive attempt at all, what's the difference between it and the player rater/rankings?

So anyway yeah I think I mostly agree with you.

This is what I'm talking about:

Sat, Jan 14

Robert Covington scored seven points with four rebounds, one assist and one 3-pointer in 22 minutes against the Wizards on Saturday.

Advice: He did take a shot from Markieff Morris in this game and was in some pain, but he was able to stay in the game. Covington's minutes have been fine and he should remain owned in standard leagues.

He "should remain owned"?? The guy is a top 85 value on the season in 9-cat and he's sitting on a top 60 last two weeks.  He was top 65 each of the past two seasons.  In the shallowest of leagues that have like, idk, 100 guys owned, this "advice" is still worthless. It is just lazy imo. Lacks professionalism.

• Like 1

Yeah latest Ibaka blurb talking about Siakam ( not ever with the team anymore) and Poeltl vying for minutes behind Serge.  

-Siakam not with team ?

-Poeltl should be out of rotation almost completely

- most likely going to be Patterson and Nogueria backing him up, not Siakam or Poeltl.

How these guys don't know rosters sometimes is baffling.

How did we get to this place where every blurb states whether a player should be owned?  Just scrolling down My News feature from tonight alone...

Tyler Johnson "He should be owned in all leagues."

Khris Middleton "He should absolutely be owned in all standard leagues"

TJ Warren "Warren is worth owning in all standard leagues again"

Oh and in case you needed to know, Robert Covington, the #1 (!) ranked player in 9-cat leagues over the past 14 days, "is a must start player".

• Like 4

11 hours ago, arbitraryrating said:

How did we get to this place where every blurb states whether a player should be owned?  Just scrolling down My News feature from tonight alone...

Tyler Johnson "He should be owned in all leagues."

Khris Middleton "He should absolutely be owned in all standard leagues"

TJ Warren "Warren is worth owning in all standard leagues again"

Oh and in case you needed to know, Robert Covington, the #1 (!) ranked player in 9-cat leagues over the past 14 days, "is a must start player".

Hasn't it always been like that?  I use it to gauge if a player is worth the time scouting/researching.

The Knicks reached out to Suns restricted FA Alan Williams on Friday, according to ESPN's Ian Begley.

Williams is an undersized center who stands 6'9", and his game doesn't necessarily translate to today's NBA -- he shot 51.7 percent from the field last season, and 62.5 percent from the free throw line, without making a single 3-pointer. He'll be a fantasy pariah no matter where he lands during the 2017-18 season.

A fantasy pariah? Doesnt translate? Dude is a monster rebounder, and blocks a good amount of shots, while showing improvement as a free throw shooter. He's someone, even as a backup, could be valuable for fantasy.

Then:

Jonathon Simmons has started his meeting process, and is gauging interest from the Kings, Clippers and Wolves, according to Shams Charania of The Vertical.

The Spurs are reportedly preparing to offer $9 million per year to their guy Juice, which is shaping up to be below market value at the $99 million cap. Simmons doesn't have much of a shot yet, but he's ahead of schedule as a defender and he can get to the cup in a well-spaced system -- he's a highlight machine, too. If a team has an offer closer to $20 million than $10 million per year, it may be tough for Simmons to stay loyal to the team that gave him a shot.

Not much of a shot yet they wrote. And ahead of schedule as a defender. Did they think Simmons is 22 years old? Dude is 27, you supposed to be ahead.
  • Like 2

Could find the RotoWorld s**tblurb topic. But they're consistently s**tty, so there's that. 

Edited by PuzzBeterson

The Bulls are finalizing a deal to receive a second-round draft pick from New Orleans for Quincy Pondexter, according to Shams Charania of The Vertical.

It was originally reported the Pelicans were also getting a pick, but they'll throw it in to get money off the books. Pelicans general manager Dell Demps called Pondexter's status "a little uncertain" a couple months ago and they have reportedly been shopping him for over 1.5 months. 

Now theyre being inconsistent within blurbs, lmao. 

Carlisle added that he's already had this conversation with Noel and that Noel is willing to accept the bench role. Carlisle believes that the Mavs best chance of having a winning season would be to start Dirk Nowitzki at the five with Noel acting as his primary backup, which isn't the best news for Noel's fantasy outlook. However, if the Mavs aren't able to cobble together a winning season, it would make sense for them to bring Noel into the starting five to accelerate his development.

accelerate the development of a UFA?

In regards to Avery Bradley.  In what league is Avery Bradley going to flirt with top-20 value?

Bradley is going to be a focal point in Detroit's attack and is one of the more attractive value picks towards the middle rounds as a guy who has the potential to flirt with top-20 value.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 Team, 10 player leagues. He just sneaks in at #20

1 hour ago, BoogieNights said:

In regards to Avery Bradley.  In what league is Avery Bradley going to flirt with top-20 value?

Bradley is going to be a focal point in Detroit's attack and is one of the more attractive value picks towards the middle rounds as a guy who has the potential to flirt with top-20 value.

9 minutes ago, fantasick said:

59eb68eed8bdb_Screenshot-2017-10-21MatchupFantasyBasketballYahooSports.png.c7da0b6a6799491a08b47a2c4243f721.png

so... yahoo or rotoworld?

or ESPN?

Draymond Green

DATE OPP SCORE MIN FGM-FGA FG% 3PM-3PA 3P% FTM-FTA FT% REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS
Fri 10/20 W 128-120 35 4-11 .364 2-7 .286 0-0 .000 5 9 0 1 3 4 10
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jake the snake said:

or ESPN?

Draymond Green

DATE OPP SCORE MIN FGM-FGA FG% 3PM-3PA 3P% FTM-FTA FT% REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS
Fri 10/20 W 128-120 35 4-11 .364 2-7 .286 0-0 .000 5 9 0 1 3 4 10

just saw the other warriors' blurb. i think they are all wrong because the scoreboard stopped...

On 1/17/2017 at 5:36 PM, arbitraryrating said:

This is kind of an aside but I don't get why this community is so critical of his touting of KOQ.  This season KOQ has per-36 numbers that would equate to 3rd round value.  It makes sense to be on a guy who can do that.  

And not to burst into Bruski defense here, but the guy was screaming for Isaiah Thomas for like 4 years and now Thomas is an All Star putting up 1st/2nd round value recently.

He's to blame for the Myers Leonard hype. Dudes we're using top 100 picks on this guy smh.

5 hours ago, fantasick said:

just saw the other warriors' blurb. i think they are all wrong because the scoreboard stopped...

Yeah, getting conflicting reports on Anthony Davis' stats as well.

3 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

He's to blame for the Myers Leonard hype. Dudes we're using top 100 picks on this guy smh.

Bruski's finest moment was when he wrote like 20 blurbs on Kyle O'Quinn in less than two weeks a few years back.  Just relentless O'Quinn blurbs.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mjk356 said:

Bruski's finest moment was when he wrote like 20 blurbs on Kyle O'Quinn in less than two weeks a few years back.  Just relentless O'Quinn blurbs.

Was he the guy who ranked Myers Leonard in the 30s, ahead of Milsap (when Milsap was like easily a top 20 player every year)