Dakines

Rotoworld's blurb 'consistency'

Not rotoworld, but on that Tyreke train, ESPN's current blurb says:

Evans led Memphis in scoring in this game, as he did all of his damage off the bench. The 19 points scored matches a season-high for Evans, while the 30 minutes played set a new season-high. What's interesting about Evans Memphis tenure is that he's done more rebounding than assisting this season, as he is averaging 2.2 assists and 6.4 rebounds per game. If he can just get that assisting number closer to five, Evans may become a fantasy relevant option yet again.

So the guy is returning 9th round value right now, but if he could manage to average 13/6/5 and instead of the current 13/6/2, he'd be "relevant"?  No s---, if he doubled his assists he'd be like top 50 or 60.

Lmao every game it changes.

Teague has a bad game --> "minutes are in jeopardy to tyus jones, people who drafted him early are regretting it"

Teague has a good game --> "Teague is set to have a career year with thibs playing the starters heavy minutes, should look to improve upon his stats last year"

• Haha 3

Do I get this right? In this case anchor means "pulling the category down". I always used anchor as a metaphor for "securing the category"?

Ben Simmons (ankle) racked up 31 points, a career-high 18 rebounds, four assists, two steals and two blocks on Wednesday, making 8-of-16 field goals with a 15-of-29 mark at the free throw line.

The Wizards intentionally fouled Simmons relentlessly in the fourth quarter, a strategy that paid off thanks to his inefficiency -- Washington scored 48 points in the quarter and nearly pulled off a major upset. Opposing teams will take notice and we're likely to see the Hack-a-Simmons move again, but fantasy owners should be used to him dragging down the FT category. He's shooting 56.6% on 4.6 attempts per game from the line, and only Dwight Howard has been a bigger FT% anchor. It's a caveat most owners will happily live with, given his terrific overall production.

2 hours ago, dorwell said:

Do I get this right? In this case anchor means "pulling the category down". I always used anchor as a metaphor for "securing the category"?

Yep that's a weird one.  I've only ever seen the term 'anchor' used in the way you described i.e. a player that helps lock-in a category.  I think they goofed.

"Chris LeVert" :rolleyes:

Screen_Shot_2017_12_04_at_9_12_46_PM.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Now they're changing the narrative from "sell Tyreke high", to "well, maybe this is sustainable" in the Daily Dose. It's amazing how much their perception of players changes daily! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6Ok1nt0.png

It's Saturday night, so I totally forgive the guy who wrote this blurb, but how was he not drunk when he wrote it? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Omg.  This one is hilarious.  Did any of you guys see the title of today's daily dose?  Title is Monsters of fantasy.  Caption reads,  " Joel Embid and Karl-Anthony Towns put on a show,  Danilo Gallinari,  Jimmy Butler and Lebron went off,   and Kawhi is back"!   Lmao.   Gallinari???  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I love when Rotoworld puts out junk, because we are too good to fall for their junk, but many league mates go down those rabbit holes. Use 'em and abuse 'em.

• Like 1

"Hernangomez blurb says the knicks winning hurts his chances. Kanter blurb today after 30/20. He is in trouble of losing time to hernangomez in the 2nd half of the season."

In a few weeks time its already the 2nd half of the season because most teams already played 34 games. And the knicks are in the playoff race. Sure after all star break usually is the 2nd half of the season, but i doubt the knicks packing up shop in December and January. That is just poor writing and bias to their favorites(hernangomez, chriss, j.rich, koq, etc. Hernangomez is a discount kanter, as josh from bbm also said.

• Like 1

James Harden hit 7-of-18 shots, 3-of-11 3-pointers and 12-of-14 free throws on his way to 29 points, eight rebounds, 14 assists, two steals, a block and just one turnover in Monday's tough 112-107 loss to the Thunder.

The previous six meetings between these two teams had been decided by four points or less, so that number will move to five after tonight's matchup. 

:ph34r:
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

DeAndre Jordan hit 5-of-6 shots and 3-of-6 free throws for 13 points, 15 rebounds and a a block in just 26 minutes of Tuesday's 1122-95 win over the Kings.
Jordan was great while he was out there, but none of the starters from either team were needed much in the fourth quarter of the garbage-time blowout special. This was a nice bounce-back after Jordan scored just four points on Saturday, which snapped his streak of seven straight double-doubles. He started a new streak tonight. Dec 27 - 1:06 AM

Damn. Apparently I missed the biggest blowout in history... :blink:

• Haha 1

Josh Hart started for Brandon Ingram (quad) and hit 5-of-13 shots and 2-of-8 3-pointers for 12 points, six rebounds, two assists and a steal in 39 minutes on Monday.

Advice: Ingram is day-to-day and if he's out for more games, Hart will make for a nice DFS punt play. He's also worth a look in season-long leagues, but will take a hit once Ingram is back in action. He should also play well on Dec. 31 and Jan. 1 when the Lakers will be without Kentavious Caldwell-Pope in back-to-back road games due to his probation violation. If you want to pick up Bell, now's the right time to do so.

:blink:

• Haha 1

rudy gay blurb

Coach Gregg Popovich has been looking for a reason to play Kyle Anderson more, so Anderson looks like a strong pickup in 12-team leagues.

last Kyle Anderson blurb after his game yesterday

Anderson is not someone who should be targeted on fantasy waiver wires. He hadn't scored more than six points in his previous four games after returning from a knee injury.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Xmantt said:

rudy gay blurb

Coach Gregg Popovich has been looking for a reason to play Kyle Anderson more, so Anderson looks like a strong pickup in 12-team leagues.

last Kyle Anderson blurb after his game yesterday

Anderson is not someone who should be targeted on fantasy waiver wires. He hadn't scored more than six points in his previous four games after returning from a knee injury.

I just take what they say with a grain of salt now. I do my own research now. They change their opinions of players so quick. 

Oh yeah, and they called Caris LeVert Chris LeVert again the other day. That was a good laugh. 

Edited by trusthaprocess
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, trusthaprocess said:

I just take what they say with a grain of salt now. I do my own research now. They change their opinions of players so quick. 

Oh yeah, and they called Caris LeVert Chris LeVert again the other day. That was a good laugh. 

Every time I see that, I keep thinking "the day they stop calling him Chris is the day he's finally made it!"

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, greatestmetfan said:

Milos blurb today.. Williams has been good not sure if I'd use the word monster lol.

image.png.b32688aa04505fa2d7ee0fc54cd3d187.png

I caught that too, lol

meanwhile Rotoworld reports melo today just jacking up shots.

yeah if you bothered to report his game yesterday when there were only 5 games then you would have seen across the board contributions. they made it sound like its been a month that he didnt have a steal or a block. if you dont check the boxscores nowadays( and check it with the minutes to see if it was a fluke) then you are screwed, like that Williams is a fantasy monster. like Whiteside in 14-15 out of nowhere? lol

• Like 1

kcp blurb

He's been released from the detention center and should be able to travel with the team going forward. He failed to even score on Friday and has missed some road games, so there's a chance he could be available in your league. He had a monster block on Buddy Hield tonight and looked good, so think about grabbing him if he was dumped in your league. He should be good to go from here on out.

(Rotoworld.com)

we adding top 75 players from the wire now that avg 2 threes 1.7 steals?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

kcp blurb

He's been released from the detention center and should be able to travel with the team going forward. He failed to even score on Friday and has missed some road games, so there's a chance he could be available in your league. He had a monster block on Buddy Hield tonight and looked good, so think about grabbing him if he was dumped in your league. He should be good to go from here on out.

(Rotoworld.com)

we adding top 75 players from the wire now that avg 2 threes 1.7 steals?

In fairness, he did miss a fair amount of games, and his erratic scoring totals and low FG% doesn't help his cause either. I wouldn't have cut him, but some impatient owners may have. It's not as outrageous as you think though, considering he is an anchor in a key area (FG%).