Coach George

Amed Rosario - SS NYM

How much more seasoning does the guy need?  What difference will a month make?  Nobody is going to take Reyes.  The Rockies dumped him and ate about 40 mil.  The Mets were the ones dumb enough to sign him.  

The injuries & and previous decisions from the front office have put a magnifying glass over every move or potential move the Mets could make.  Is it as bad as people are making it out to be?  Probably not.  But he's ready.  If the Mets want to throw in the towel and concede the season, then keep him down.  If they want to show their fans they want to win and give people a reason to come to the park, then call him up.  I think from just a PR standpoint the pluses outweigh the minuses...let alone the talent.  

this write up is so depressing.

Mets prospect Amed Rosario picked up two hits on Thursday for Triple-A Las Vegas.

We're running out of things to say about how unfortunate it is that Rosario isn't going to see time with the Mets soon. With the New York middle-infield on the disabled list, it would have been fun to see him get his chance. Based on the comments made by Sandy Alderson on Thursday, that's not going to happen. Bummer.

Matt Reynolds has batted just .174/.269/.304 in 20 games this season at the major league level. The 26-year-old utilityman carries no fantasy relevance.

They brought this asshat up instead of Rosario. Super 2 or not, this is a complete embarrassment.

As much as Im upset as a fantasy owner, Im even more upset as a Mets fan.

We need help now!

This is beyond idiotic.

Front office is telling me they have given up on the year and refuse to shell out more money or start the clock early.

Hope I'm wrong, but looking more likey he gets a cup of coffee in September.

The Mets are garbage and have no shot at the division and more than likely no shot at the wildcard. What we should worry about is them keeping him down all year (or until September) because this is a lost season. That is the doomsday scenario. I'm still holding in my NL only "dynasty" but I had to let him go in my redraft especially with Swanson's bat heating up. 

I'm secretly hoping that the reason he wasn't up was because they didn't want to expose him to NY right away, and are cheap AF and the flight from Vegas to LA is a lot cheaper than Vegas to NY? :lol:

6 minutes ago, DConny1 said:

Now the real question is, who will make their debut first: Torres or Rosario?

With Torres requiring Tommy John surgery, I would assume Rosario will be up before Torres. 

I don't want to derail this thread, but even if Rosario doesn't come up until September that beats the heck out of Torres which I would guess doesn't come up until Super 2 next year. 

6 hours ago, StevoSupremo89 said:

With Torres requiring Tommy John surgery, I would assume Rosario will be up before Torres. 

Thatsthejoke.jpg

It doesn't help that Reyes has been going nuts the last few games

Do we all agree that he shouldn't be owned in mixed league formats at this time?

3 hours ago, Cdub2k said:

Do we all agree that he shouldn't be owned in mixed league formats at this time?

I'm still holding on but I'm gonna give it one more week

Do we all agree that he shouldn't be owned in mixed league RE-DRAFT formats at this time?

Fixed the question for you.  And probably no unless it is a really really deep re-draft league.  Rosario's hitting value will probably increase in a few years but the first few years up he probably won't have that much power.  This year it would be more about some added steals.

In dynasty and keeper leagues obviously yes you keep him.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

We're past Super 2, he's killing it in AAA, he plays a position of need for the mets, there have been multiple injuries that could have potentially opened a spot for him, the Mets are in imminent danger of falling out of the hunt...and he's still not up. 

Maybe I'm wrong but I feel as if they have called him up by now they clearly want to wait. 

He is safe in AAA, if he gets called up he will probably get hurt like every other Met does and then the medical staff would make it worse

Probably a bit off-topic, but he usually posts on twitter a lot or talks with fans, but he hasn't posted a single thing in 5 days... Maybe he's a bit fed up with the Mets too for keeping him down. Sucks to see for a guy with that much talent be wasted away at AAA.

I've been rolling with him as my only ss since walker went down. Thought of course he'd be up.  I know as soon as I drop he'll get the call so I'm playing without a ss until it happens

16 hours ago, Hasselhoff said:

Probably a bit off-topic, but he usually posts on twitter a lot or talks with fans, but he hasn't posted a single thing in 5 days... Maybe he's a bit fed up with the Mets too for keeping him down. Sucks to see for a guy with that much talent be wasted away at AAA.

not off topic...not sure what to draw from it tho.

COuld be frustration...could be a broken phone....could be Reyes hacking into his account....

This is all inexplicable and frustrating.

More than a fantasy owner, im a frustrated Mets fan who wants to see a spark from a lackluster offense.

Might be better for his outlook that they're falling completely out of contention. The Wilpons will quickly realize that no one's coming to watch a team 15 games under .500 and they're definitely not coming to watch a team that's terrible and has Jose Reyes playing everyday SS. They could definitely get a bump in ticket sales by calling him up, at least for a couple weeks or so. 

Not to mention it would likely make them a better team, but who knows if that's even a motivating factor with the Mets. 

Hasnt he been in a bit of a slump lately?  Maybe they are waiting for him to show signs of life again.

i dunno man...im just brainstorming here