Coach George

Amed Rosario - SS NYM

Recommended Posts

.231/.282/.361 line this month good for a wRC+ of 63. Kid needs to get it going or he's not going to see the majors until rosters expand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Tryptamine said:

.231/.282/.361 line this month good for a wRC+ of 63. Kid needs to get it going or he's not going to see the majors until rosters expand.

He is probably tired of playing in the minors for that sorry team. Not motivated anymore to be there. He and everyone else besides the Mets knows he should already be in the Big leagues by now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, RJS113 said:

Pulled from the lineup before today's game...

Knowing the way things are going with Rosario being called up, he probably just had to poop in the middle of an inning and couldn't hold it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://www.nj.com/mets/index.ssf/2017/07/why_you_shouldnt_expect_amed_rosario_on_mets_anyti.html

 

If you're a Mets fan anxiously awaiting the call-up of top prospect Amed Rosario, don't hold your breath.

Prior to Friday night's game vs. the Phillies, Mets general manager Sandy Alderson was asked about Rosario and if anything has changed in regards to his timetable for an arrival in Queens.

"The situation we have currently at the major league level does affect Rosario," Alderson said, referring to the team's new double-play combination of Jose Reyes at shortstop and Asdrubal Cabrera at second base.

After endorsing how well Reyes and Cabrera have looked together since the infield realignment, Alderson explained how the rest of the Mets season will impact when--or if--we see Rosario in New York this season.

"If we're playing well, there's no real urgency to bring him up," Alderson said. "If we're playing poorly, I'd hesitate to bring him up because he'd be looked at as our potential savior. So it's kind of a double whammy at the moment. On the other hand, if we get another two months into the season and things haven't gone as well as we've hoped, maybe the future is now."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, rookies and cream said:

http://www.nj.com/mets/index.ssf/2017/07/why_you_shouldnt_expect_amed_rosario_on_mets_anyti.html

 

If you're a Mets fan anxiously awaiting the call-up of top prospect Amed Rosario, don't hold your breath.

Prior to Friday night's game vs. the Phillies, Mets general manager Sandy Alderson was asked about Rosario and if anything has changed in regards to his timetable for an arrival in Queens.

"The situation we have currently at the major league level does affect Rosario," Alderson said, referring to the team's new double-play combination of Jose Reyes at shortstop and Asdrubal Cabrera at second base.

After endorsing how well Reyes and Cabrera have looked together since the infield realignment, Alderson explained how the rest of the Mets season will impact when--or if--we see Rosario in New York this season.

"If we're playing well, there's no real urgency to bring him up," Alderson said. "If we're playing poorly, I'd hesitate to bring him up because he'd be looked at as our potential savior. So it's kind of a double whammy at the moment. On the other hand, if we get another two months into the season and things haven't gone as well as we've hoped, maybe the future is now."

 

See I get them keeping him down. I really do.  But what I don't understand is the bolded section. They're losing and they're very close to falling completely out of the wild card race. If you think your options in the majors are better or he's not ready, sure. But to say that you're gonna wait 2 months and see what happens seems almost defeatist. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Baur10 said:

 

See I get them keeping him down. I really do.  But what I don't understand is the bolded section. They're losing and they're very close to falling completely out of the wild card race. If you think your options in the majors are better or he's not ready, sure. But to say that you're gonna wait 2 months and see what happens seems almost defeatist. 

The way I interpret that is him saying if the Mets play well he is staying down. If the Mets struggle, he wants them to be completely out of it so there is no pressure on Rosario to save their season. Basically, the Mets need to be so out of it that no one expects there to be any chance of the postseason. That is the scenario that applies the least pressure on Rosario, and that is what he prefers for him when he comes up to the majors. I don't blame him and it isn't like Rosario is tearing it up and forcing the issue.  

 

Honestly, I don't see what the big deal is. If you think Rosario is going to save your fantasy team during this season I think you have unrealistic expectations. If you are a Mets fan and you have postseason expectations I don't think those were realistic once Thor went down. The team is massacred by injury. Rosario isn't going to change much of anything. Hit the Ctrl+Alt+Delete button at the trade deadline and get some new pieces and look to next year when you might have a healthy Thor, Wheeler, Matz, deGrom, Familia to anchor the pitching. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, thezing1 said:

Honestly, I don't see what the big deal is. If you think Rosario is going to save your fantasy team during this season I think you have unrealistic expectations. 

I agree with the 100%. It really should only matter to Mets fans who just want to see the kid play and Rosario himself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was suck for mets fan to have to watch the team across town deal with their injury issues by calling up their top prospects.

 

and to see them contribute to wins. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, TigerUnderGlass said:

I agree with the 100%. It really should only matter to Mets fans who just want to see the kid play and Rosario himself.

At a horrible position, if Rosario came up and tore it up, it honestly could be the difference between winning your league or not.

 

Am I betting my whole fantasy season on Rosario?  Of course not, especially when I have both Nunez and Owings, but it would at least be nice to be able to use him and see what happens.

Edited by KilloWertz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I read the rotoworld blurb all i can do is SMH

 

Mets prospect Amed Rosario went 2-for-4 on Wednesday for Triple-A Las Vegas.

Rosario also scored two runs. He's hitting .412/.421/.588 in July. He's also a tremendous defensive shortstop. He's also stuck in Las Vegas because reasons. All you can do is hope the Mets change their mind and allow him the opportunity to do this to big-league pitching. The talent suggests he can do just that, albeit to a lesser extent. He's really good

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, It's So Real said:

Who gets called up first Tebow or Rosario?

 

This horse has been beaten enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/1/2017 at 7:53 PM, RJS113 said:

Pulled from the lineup before today's game...

 

I thought this was him getting the call ... I guess not lol.  If he stays red hot like he's been it'll be sooner than later guys just be patient.  His June was pretty bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well some dude according to his BSPN page thinks Rosario will be up August 1. This is getting ridiculous. Just call him up already. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

THats enough to get me on board again. I've been using waiver wire shortstops all year. I can use actual production from my SS spot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, mrfrood said:

Well some dude according to his BSPN page thinks Rosario will be up August 1. This is getting ridiculous. Just call him up already. 

 

People are speculating on Aug 1 because this is right after the trade deadline. But I think the Mets would still have to deal Cabrera and/or Walker for this to actually happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Off topic but a couple months back Razzball did a podcast and Grey kept pronouncing his name in a robot voice, so now when I read his name I can't help but read it in that same robot voice. It's both a blessing and a curse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The mets are putting Duda on the market because they "want to open up a spot for dom smith".

 

This is just comical at this point.

 

Has it been stated why they refuse to create opportunities for Rosario?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rotowire posted on 7/10 that he could come up on 8/1, but that's assuming the Mets move infield pieces at the deadline. It is comical at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol I guess he posted on Twitter begging to be called up. An hour later he deleted that tweet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Mets are "close" to promoting Rosario.  See mlbtraderumors.com for the source.  Apparently,  Asdrubal's touchy temperament is the problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...