Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Griffin6687

Michael Conforto - OF NYM

Thoughts on his, looks like a very impressive bat and good approach.I could see him translating to a .300 hitter 15-20HR at the MLB level.

Don't think he'll ever hit for that average, but he's going to take a ton of walks with 15 to 20HR pop. His game kind of reminds me of Nick Swisher to be honest. .260/.380/.475 would be an upper percentile projection, at least in my opinion.

Thoughts on this guy? Probably won't be up anytime soon, but has some upside.

In college they played 4 OF against him.

Fantastic plate discipline, good not great power. Some scouts thought he was the better of the two college hitters between he and Schwarber. I'd be shocked if he doesn't finish the year at AA with how advanced he is. Reminds me quite a lot of Swisher who has maybe 20-25HR pop.

Thoughts on this guy? Probably won't be up anytime soon, but has some upside.

In college they played 4 OF against him.

He's 22 already. I think he spends the majority of the season in Double A and if he continues to hit the way he has, it wouldn't shock me at all if he gets a cup of tea in September. I think he's fast tracked and could possibly see 400 MLB at bats next season if things break his way.

Tucker Blair @TuckerBlairON Jun 9

Michael Conforto abv avg bat speed; swing has leverage but lacks extension; beaten outside twice now; displayed + raw power

Is hitting .378 with a HR and 9 RBI's in 11 games at AA. He's certainly proving me wrong so far this season as I did not expect this type of year out of Conforto.

Going into the season I didn't expect to see any of Conforto in THE MLB. if he keeps this up is a September call up possible?

I guess it's possible, but I wouldn't count on it. Can't see how he doesn't crack the Mets starting lineup by next summer though. As long as he keeps this up. That K/BB ratio is tasty.

Michael Mayer @themainemets 37m37 minutes ago

Other Binghamton players are hanging around the cage to watch Michael Conforto take BP, putting on a show. Just hit two over 450 feet

Michael Mayer @themainemets 18h18 hours ago

I asked the Padre scout tonight if Michael Conforto could come up now and hit in the Majors, he said "Sure, I don't see why not".

I'm shocked to see him with the power display. knew he'd have an advanced feel for hitting, but sounds to be way more than that.

Would be awesome if they gave him a shot to contribute this year. Might not be ready but this dude seems like a professional hitter that wouldn't be "ruined" if he came up a little early.

This kid use to come into my work and train when he was a kid. A guy I worked with back then projected he would be a big leaguer. He was on the Redmond, WA Little League World Series team when he was in 5th grade. Great family background, both parents were athletes. Real good kid. He should have a fairly quick rise as he was really polished in college. I got him on my keeper league thinking I may of been being a homer for the local kid, now I'm jacked up watching the progress!

2/5 tonight with a 2B and a K.

Robert Brender @robertbrender 6h6 hours ago

Michael Conforto singles in his 1st at-bat tonight in AA. Now has a hit in 17 of 20 games since being promoted.

Robert Brender @robertbrender 5h5 hours ago

Now Michael Conforto is 2-for-2 today. Added his 8th double. That's 8 in 20 games.

Any Mets fans here who can shed some light on this kid's timeline? Will it take a Grandy or Cuddy injury? Everything I've read indicates that the Mets are slow to promote, and that we shouldn't expect him this year.