Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Griffin6687

Michael Conforto - OF NYM

Michael Cuddyer (knee) is out of the Mets' starting lineup on Monday night versus the Nationals.

Cuddyer was forced to exit Sunday's series finale in St. Louis with lingering soreness in his left knee. He's been given oral anti-inflammatories, but another extended absence may be coming. The veteran outfielder has been a major disappointment in the first year of a two-year, $21 million free agent agreement with New York. 2014 first-rounder Michael Conforto should maybe get a shot soon

"should maybe"

Nothing in AAA that is available to them can hlep them, or ever will. On top of that, there are only 3 healthy OF in Vegas as well, none of which are on the 40man.

My gut is telling me they're about ready to make that call to Binghamton, which would suck....as they're coming my way this week and was hoping to see him play.

I mean, I get it. The kid hasn't had a ton of experience above A ball. He needs seasoning, still. On top of that? Mets fans will be looking for him to be the 'savior' of the horrific offense that they have this year. A lot of undue pressure the kid would have to deal with, and will be thrust right into it.

But if the Mets are going to win, or even contend. They need to do something. Their AAA roster isn't going to help them do that.

The good news is whatever Collins says, the opposite happens.

Anyone else think they aren't going to bring him up cause they want to trade him? I wouldn't be surprised if he is includedin a big package for Upton or something

Anyone else think they aren't going to bring him up cause they want to trade him? I wouldn't be surprised if he is includedin a big package for Upton or something

Conforto is about as untouchable as DeGrominator.

Well, could be because Cuddyer is not yet on the DL.

or, when Cuddyer get put on the DL, he may not get called up anyway....

So, now he's supposedly not being completely ruled out being promoted? Stupid Mets, make up your damn mind.

What kind upside? Comparable bat?

I've seen Corey Dickerson as a sort of "ceiling" comparison.

I think he profiles as an above average OBP, 15-20 HR type of hitter. With .280+ AVG being a reasonable expectation.

Although we have never seen him against even AAA pitching, so I chose to focus more on the skillset than the minor league numbers.

He makes good contact and has a good idea of the plate. He's played a lot of ball at Oregon State, and seems to have a calm and professional approach with every AB.

What kind upside? Comparable bat?

I've seen Corey Dickerson as a sort of "ceiling" comparison.

I think he profiles as an above average OBP, 15-20 HR type of hitter. With .280+ AVG being a reasonable expectation.

Although we have never seen him against even AAA pitching, so I chose to focus more on the skillset than the minor league numbers.

He makes good contact and has a good idea of the plate. He's played a lot of ball at Oregon State, and seems to have a calm and professional approach with every AB.

Does he steal any bags?

For a wihle, sounded like they may be calling him up later this week....but once again - Mets used Cuddyer as a pinch hitter today.

For a wihle, sounded like they may be calling him up later this week....but once again - Mets used Cuddyer as a pinch hitter today.

I will never understand the Mets. I bet Cuddy sits again today too.

Well, I'm going to watch Conforto play today. Hoping he's not pulled during the one game I've been to this summer.

Mets are psychologically treating him like a Confortyo-yo.

Just picked him up on a couple of dynasty leagues. Not expecting much this year, but certainly for 2016 can help a lot