Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cmilne23

Sean Manaea - P OAK

No thread for the young lefty but here is a guy to keep your eye on. A little background was being scouted as a top 5 pick in the 2013 draft but he tore his labrum in his hip. He fell to #34 where KC paid quite a bit above slot to sign him. In the Cape Cod league he won the League's Outstanding Prospect Award after striking out 85 in 51 IP with only 7 walks. Had a nice year in high A ball last year striking out 146 in 121 IP. Jim Callis is projecting him to lead the minors in K's this year. Has a pretty nice arsenal with a mid 90's heater, nasty slider and a changeup in progress. 6'5, big frame, stash the name away. Could be coming to the show as early 2016.

Big dude, high upside. Good fastball/slider combo. Should see him sometime in 2016.

This kid has been on my radar for a while. Absolutely love him. Elite strikeout potential and a big frame to be able to throw 200+ innings some day. On top of that, he's an ever-valuable left-handed starter.

7/4/15

6 ip, 4 H, 1 run (0 earned), 0 bb, 5 k

Another nice performance. I'd expect him at AA NW Ark in the near future

7/4/15

and i'd expect him in KC by September, assuming the good health continues. they will be contending down the stretch and will use his arm as a shot to their rotation as they push to the playoffs. after the late start no need to worry about the innings on his arm, in fact he needs them after 120 in '14.

7/4/15

and i'd expect him in KC by September, assuming the good health continues. they will be contending down the stretch and will use his arm as a shot to their rotation as they push to the playoffs. after the late start no need to worry about the innings on his arm, in fact he needs them after 120 in '14.

With some little injury concerns for Sean thus far and the depth of arms in KC's system, would be shocked to see him in Sept. of this year

J.P. @Jaypers413 3h3 hours ago

Wilmington's Sean Manaea's line - 5 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 5 K.

keithlaw @keithlaw 4h4 hours ago

Sean Manaea 92-94 in a 28-pitch first here in Wilmington. Punched out two.

keithlaw @keithlaw 2h2 hours ago

Manaea didn't hold his velocity well at all. 88-91 in the fifth.

J.P. ‏@Jaypers413 3h3 hours ago

Wilmington's Sean Manaea's line - 5 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 5 K.

keithlaw ‏@keithlaw 4h4 hours ago

Sean Manaea 92-94 in a 28-pitch first here in Wilmington. Punched out two.

keithlaw ‏@keithlaw 2h2 hours ago

Manaea didn't hold his velocity well at all. 88-91 in the fifth.

That wouldn't concern me. He's coming off major hip surgery. You can't do serious leg conditioning (which you need to do for pitching) when you're rehabbing a leg injury.

He's essentially just beyond spring training in terms of where his stamina is right now. The velocity dropping isn't too concerning, but the mid 90s fastball is encouraging

Now in Oakland after the Zobrist deal. Any chance we see him in the rotation next season?

Great for him and fantasy owners. Kauffman stadium is huge, but pitching in Oakland is a pretty nice alternative.

Wow what a steal for the A's. Great value. A's really know how to churn out pitching, this is a perfect landing spot for him.

I would think 2017 is more likely. If it were me, I'd want him healthy for a full season next year in the minors.

Great spot for him. They will develop him into something nice.

First game since the trade to Oakland:

7 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 9 K

He has hip surgery in the past and had abdominal issues this season, but I don't think either are serious concerns. I haven't heard anything about his shoulder so I think he's fine

4 starts since being traded:

2.19 Era, 27:8 K:BB in 24.2 innings