Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LyondellBasell

Jonathan Schoop 2015 Outlook

As an O's fan....He's got serious pop for a 2B and isn't moving from the position.

His avg is so-so but 20 HR and 10 SB with RBIs from a 2B you got for cheap is great...

As an O's fan....He's got serious pop for a 2B and isn't moving from the position.

His avg is so-so but 20 HR and 10 SB with RBIs from a 2B you got for cheap is great...

10 SB? I wouldn't expect more than a few. He doesn't have speed and hasn't stolen bases significantly at any level.

For Rotoworld blurb:

Jonathan Schoop is heading to the disabled list after being diagnosed with a Grade 1 PCL tear and MCL sprain.

Schoop was the victim of a hard slide into second base by Pablo Sandoval during Friday's game and was spotted limping around the clubhouse on Saturday. It's a tough blow for the Orioles and for fantasy owners of the young infielder. O's manager Buck Showalter expects him to return before the end of the season, though there is no clear timetable at the moment.
Sounds serious. Guess he is pretty much done for quite awhile. (I have no idea what a PCL tear is but doesn't sound good).
The slide was hard but fair yesterday. Not a Brett Lawrie cheap sleaze slide. And Ubaldo already plunked Panda for it and got tossed from the game for same. But who knows with ball players if there will be more of this in today's game.

That sucks! He was looking good early on this season. 3 HRs in 27 ABs, one being a grand slam. He's not going to walk or hit for a high avg but 30 HRs wasn't out of the question.

For those looking to scoop this guy up, it looks like he's on his way back to the big club after homering in 3 straight AAA games. He was lifted after his third at-bat yesterday so he might be back as soon as today.

Ken Rosenthal 3 days ago:

#Orioles want to stay at 11 pitchers with Schoop returning. Roster lacks flexibility; most out of options. Eventually could trade hitter…

Schoop bomb in Single A tonight.

I mean, when you get the chance to play Ryan Flaherty everyday, you've got to take it :rolleyes:

HR today in his return. He has some serious pop in his bat but the avg and obp are never going to be that high.

He will provide pop and RBI but his AVG will be not awesome....

Any believers? Looking pretty tempting on the wire...

A least a pickup for a Batty Call on Monday.

A small note maybe, I'm not 100% sure if any regulars were out last night causing this to happen, but Schoop was bumped from 8th/9th to the 6 hole last night. Hopefully that becomes permanent. If you have dead weight on your roster and he's still available, I would take the flier now and ask questions later.

I'm kinda surprised there's not more talk on this guy. He's got great power for a middle infielder, has been hitting to a good average for sometime now, and is still very very young. Only knock on him is where he hits in the lineup.

His peripherals look nice too. If he's available in your league (I just picked him up a couple days ago) do yourself a favor and get him. I think he could hit 5-6 HRs ROS while hitting north of a .280 average. That would be elite production for a middle infielder.

I have a feeling he is going to be criminally undervalued next season. I don't see anyone really talking about him.

Agreed, he has very very good power for 2B.. Behind Dozier he may have the most power potential out of any other 2B in the league. Obviously would like to see the plate approach improve, but he could be extremely valuable in dynasty formats going forward. Especially if he keeps hitting above .280

Literally the second it feels like he's not producing enough to keep him around, he goes and does something like this. And TOTALLY REDEEMS HIMSELF.

And yet I still am not 100% sure how to pronounce his name.