Slatykamora

Jose De Leon - SP TB

I have a feeling hes up very early may Its gotta be time soon

I don't think he has even pitched this year yet. I'd be surprised if he's up before June.

He's been on the dl, ankle injury.

I'd be lying if I didn't admit I got way too excited when I saw the tweet...

Very deserved promotion, though. He's been dominant thus far into his baseball career. I'd love to see a reduction in walks, and I'm a little worried about the home run rate from this year carrying over into the PCL, but I'm confident De Leon will continue to be excellent. If he strings together a handful of quality starts, do we see a call-up by mid-June?

Just want to clarify, cause that tweet is a little misleading. De Leon is getting promoted to AAA, not the major leagues. In case anybody is confused.

• Like 3

What are his chances to reach LA this year??

What are his chances to reach LA this year??

I'd say 50/50...the opportunity will be there, it's just a matter of him seizing it. I think it would take a minimum of 4 consecutive good starts. Factor in the occasional bad outing, I'm guessing he's got a shot of a callup around July/August.

Kershaw, Maeda, Kazmir, Wood, Stripling, Ryu, Mccarthy, Anderson, Beachy, Montas, Lee, Urias. A lot of names for that rotation. Doubt he comes up this year.

Edited by Phina11y

Kershaw, Maeda, Kazmir, Wood, Stripling, Ryu, Mccarthy, Anderson, Beachy, Montas, Lee, Urias. A lot of names for that rotation. Doubt he comes up this year.

While you bring up a good point, I wouldnt let the names of unspectacular and injury prone players prevent you from making a move for De Leon.

Sure he will have to "jump" guys, but using your logic no one would have touched Sean Manaea at the beginning on the year. Heard the same argument used against him.

While the odds may favor De Leon staying in AAA for awhile, I dont think you can make that call right now.

Kershaw and Maeda - and maybe Ryu if he comes back healthy and pitches well - are the only ones that are rotation mainstays. The rest of these guys are all just "options". Kazmir may have the hefty contract that keeps him in the rotation but if the Dodgers are competing for a pennant, I wouldn't put it past them to bump him to #5. But even if you include Kazmir, the rest of those names are just rotation fillers - guys for whom you pray can give you consistent back-end production at best.

I'm not saying De Leon will be up...I think it's 50/50. Unlike some situations - think Mets minus Colon, who's keeping Wheeler's spot warm - if De Leon pitches consistently well, he can push his way into the MLB rotation because the Dodgers don't have 5 mid-rotation or better starters.

Edited by txrngr34

While you bring up a good point, I wouldnt let the names of unspectacular and injury prone players prevent you from making a move for De Leon.

Sure he will have to "jump" guys, but using your logic no one would have touched Sean Manaea at the beginning on the year. Heard the same argument used against him.

While the odds may favor De Leon staying in AAA for awhile, I dont think you can make that call right now.

Michael Fulmer too. Some folks didn't think Fulmer would get a shot this early because of guys like Boyd, Farmer, Greene (DL anyway).

• Like 1

My guess is he will be up before urias dont they have like 4 lefties? Hes a power rhp who will go prob around 160 ip this year, so figure they skip him a few times and hes up mid july.

Watching on mlb.com, no pitch speed, but kid is dealin, 5 k's through 2 ip, 1 hit allowed.

Probably done for the night, looked like he's a bit rusty:

5 ip, 2 hits, 1 bb with 8 k's. 88 pitches, 53 for strikes

• Like 1

Watching on mlb.com, no pitch speed, but kid is dealin, 5 k's through 2 ip, 1 hit allowed.

First game back. What was his velocity looking like?

I grabbed him. I like his chances that Stripling, Wood and Kazmir won't keep him down for too long, once he gets a few starts under his belt. I think you'll see a rotation come July of Kershaw, Maeda, Ryu, De Leon and one of the three filling out the 5th spot...

any update on his potential ETA? Urias may be headed to the big league pen which at least gets one name out of DeLeon's way for however long that experiment lasts...