Slatykamora

Jose De Leon - SP TB

I have a feeling this guy makes a big impact down the stretch.  Urias doesn't have the innings left... De Leon has barely thrown this year, and the Dodgers certainly have the opportunity to use him.

May be time to stash... I'd bet he's up by the ASB or shortly thereafter.

1 hour ago, JFS171 said:

I have a feeling this guy makes a big impact down the stretch.  Urias doesn't have the innings left... De Leon has barely thrown this year, and the Dodgers certainly have the opportunity to use him.

May be time to stash... I'd bet he's up by the ASB or shortly thereafter.

The shoulder injury has to had some risk, right?

16 minutes ago, davidgoretiz said:

The shoulder injury has to had some risk, right?

Given the upside this guy has, I doubt they are letting him start games if it was serious... and if it was serious we wouldn't be seeing the results we saw in that last start.

• Like 3

Just now, JFS171 said:

Given the upside this guy has, I doubt they are letting him start games if it was serious... and if it was serious we wouldn't be seeing the results we saw in that last start.

Good point. The rest may just turn out to be an advantage in respect to his MLB innings limit  

• Like 1

Just a bump to remind people he's starting tonight. Excited to see what he can do in (hopefully) 5 innings.

1 hour ago, blinkfan77 said:

Just a bump to remind people he's starting tonight. Excited to see what he can do in (hopefully) 5 innings.

Urias is starting, not De Leon........

10 minutes ago, AngryBeavers said:

Urias is starting, not De Leon........

Jose De Leon is starting in AAA.  

Done for the night.

3IP, 2H, 2BB, 3ER, 6K

30 of 47 pitches thrown for strikes.

Looks like his final line is 3IP, 2H, 3ER, 2BB, 6Ks on 47 pitches. Really babying him so far. Gave up a 3 run homer in the first, then settled in.

2 hours ago, AngryBeavers said:

and if so, that is OK. Think long term stud here, Tootallball!

I'm perfectly fine with it even though I need him in one of my deep NL only leagues, haha. As a Dodgers fan it wouldn't surprise me if our rotation come September was Kershaw, Kazmir, Maeda, Montas, de Leon with Urias in the pen. 

1 hour ago, tootallball said:

I'm perfectly fine with it even though I need him in one of my deep NL only leagues, haha. As a Dodgers fan it wouldn't surprise me if our rotation come September was Kershaw, Kazmir, Maeda, Montas, de Leon with Urias in the pen. 

Do you think Ryu will still be out come September?

57 minutes ago, bigpapi88 said:

Do you think Ryu will still be out come September?

Don't see how you can trust his health given how many setbacks he has had. 

Ballpark gun on Sunday had him at 89 consistently.  He looked rusty in the first,and as above mentioned gave up the 3 run HR.  I noticed 3 guys behind home plate with real looking radar guns, i should have thought to check with them on his fastball readings.  Did anyone watching on Milb tv see different.  ?

I know he has high K #'s, but I didnt feel all that impressed. 

Edited by Pernil
gaudy K rate

Maeda got hit in the knee tnite and it didn't look good. With the lack of quality options for the Dodgers do they possibly give De Leon a chance? Its not ideal for them but their other options either hurt or performing terribly

I cannot see how the Dodgers give De Leon a look if he hasn't thrown 50 pitches in a start yet. I have to assume there is someone else at AAA that can at least potentially go 5-6 innings right now.

1 hour ago, bravesfan4life said:

Maeda got hit in the knee tnite and it didn't look good. With the lack of quality options for the Dodgers do they possibly give De Leon a chance? Its not ideal for them but their other options either hurt or performing terribly

Montas is up first. Already on 40 man

Montas only threw 53 pitches last Thursday and is scheduled to start an afternoon game for Oklahoma City today...

2 hours ago, TheWrightStuff said:

Montas only threw 53 pitches last Thursday and is scheduled to start an afternoon game for Oklahoma City today...

Cotton would be up. He pitched last night and would be in the same turn as Maeda if Maeda can't go Sunday.

On 6/15/2016 at 6:45 AM, battle2heaven said:

Cotton would be up. He pitched last night and would be in the same turn as Maeda if Maeda can't go Sunday.

Montas just went down 4-8 weeks with a broken rib.

51 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

Cotton is a bum, but will likely get a shot at some point. 

Edited by joeg414
  • Like 1

How do we feel about this guy in dynasty leagues right now? Is he someone people expect to be up in August and possible help with FBB playoffs?