Slatykamora

Jose De Leon - SP TB

8 shutout innings tonight, 4 Hits, 0 BB, 0 R, 10K (105/80)

screaming for a callup to at least the Dodgers Pen.

5 hours ago, tootallball said:

He's ready. 

Sure does look like it. Hoping for a call up or even a trade to a team who will call him up

The Dodgers would be certifiable idiots if they dealt De Leon at this point.  The value of a young, controlled arm who could very likely act as a #2-3 next season at next to nothing salary wise...he should be borderline untradeable. Kershaw/Urias/De Leon? Lawl 

• Like 1

With multiple pitchers on long contracts, (Kershaw, Maeda, McCarthy, Wood, Kazmir, Ryu) plus Urias, I don't see how DeLeon gets a legit rotation chance in LA for a year or more, unless some of the others get dealt.

Would love to be wrong though.

Edited by cltubbs

16 minutes ago, cltubbs said:

With multiple pitchers on long contracts, (Kershaw, Maeda, McCarthy, Wood, Kazmir, Ryu) plus Urias, I don't see how DeLeon gets a legit rotation chance in LA for a year or more, unless some of the others get dealt.

Hes nearing 24 years of age and has shown huge upside in the minors. It would be a real shame if they didn't even give him a shot for a rotation spot next season. That feels like major wasted potential. With the pitching free agent market being fairly barren maybe they could move on from Kazmir, McCarthy, Wood and/or Ryu. Also there's some health concerns with those guys so things might work themselves out.

2 hours ago, blinkfan77 said:

The Dodgers would be certifiable idiots if they dealt De Leon at this point.  The value of a young, controlled arm who could very likely act as a #2-3 next season at next to nothing salary wise...he should be borderline untradeable. Kershaw/Urias/De Leon? Lawl 

34 minutes ago, cltubbs said:

You're both right... it's a good problem to have if you're LA (too much pitching), but I'd be very surprised if De Leon is the guy sent out because of the overwhelming value of cost-controlled pitching.  In a market where Mike Pelfrey gets $8MM a year and Wei-Yen Chen gets $80MM over 5 or 6 years, having an asset like De Leon that has six years of control including three prior to arbitration (read: dirt cheap) is worth its weight in gold.  I'd be very surprised if he's dealt, but if he is you can expect a huge return package.  They're much more likely to send Ryu to the trash heap, Wood to the bullpen, and try to trade McCarthy or Kazmir (or use one out of the pen) setting up a long-term rotation of Kershaw, Maeda, Urias, De Leon, and a 5th.

9 minutes ago, oswald737 said:

Could easily see De Leon as one of the centerpieces of a Chris Archer deal.

That's what I thought when the 70% odds of dealing for Archer report came out. Rays have no run support, but DeLeon would certainly be a starter right now for them in that scenario IMO.

27 minutes ago, street sharks said:

That would be stupid on the Dodgers part imo. I think De Leon has a higher ceiling than Archer.

But Archer is probably better now for their title guy; either way I just want De Leon in the majors because he proven just about everything he can in the minors 

Either way... I think we're approaching time to get on this ship.  My guess is we're leaving the harbor shortly on the De Leon cruise... whether in Tampa or LA or elsewhere.

1 hour ago, JFS171 said:

Either way... I think we're approaching time to get on this ship.  My guess is we're leaving the harbor shortly on the De Leon cruise... whether in Tampa or LA or elsewhere.

Toot toot!

• Like 2

23 hours ago, cltubbs said:

The above bolded three are either out or probably out for the rest of the year.  The Dodgers' rotation is suddenly in shambles with Kershaw gone now as well.  De Leon either has to come up and pitch now or be traded for a more major league "proven" pitcher (in the eyes of the LA front office anyway) like an Archer or Moore.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Like 3

I am going to assume that if he's available (he is in my league) then he should be snatched up like it was yesterday...

I'll be keeping an eye on his start tonight against New Orleans. This is total speculation but if he pitches a great game I could see him getting called up to start this weekend at home against the DBacks. Hopefully that's the case and he can stick around for the stretch. With all the questions LA has with their rotation they're in need of De Leon and he seems to be ready.

Just now, blinkfan77 said:

Well, 2 runs so far in the first, bases loaded 0 outs....See you in September...

Just came to post the #s. Yikes. 

Saying that, I'd like to think they realize the kid is ready. One bad start shouldn't keep him down. 

Perhaps I should have bit my tongue. He's getting singled to death right now. 

Edited by BostonCajun

8 minutes ago, MugsyBogues said:

Saying that, I'd like to think they realize the kid is ready. One bad start shouldn't keep him down. 

Absolutely. I'm being facetious. It would be sad if anybody analyzing talent there was this short-sighted, lol.

Just an off night. Can imagine he's had a lot in his head. No excuses though.

• Like 1

Rough start for sure, just rough but I still think he will be up before September.

Solid start today in Colorado. But only 1 K; back to back starts with only a single strikeout