Slatykamora

Jose De Leon - SP TB

I think Stewart might get the nod before De Leon...he's been one of the best pitchers in the minors this year and has already been a injury replacement call up. Or maybe they both come up if there's no trade and Norris injury is serious...but there's a very good chance that one of Stewart, De Leon, or Urias is part of a package for another SP. In any case, I think both will find their way into a major league rotation very soon.

If the Dodgers get another SP besides Hill, I doubt he is getting called up this year 

With Bud Norris sidelined with a back strain, De Leon could be an option to start for the Dodgers on Saturday, David Vassegn of Dodger Talk reports.
Spin: 
After a poor start on July 25 for Triple-A Oklahoma City, De Leon bounced back nicely against Triple-A Colorado Springs, pitching seven innings while only giving up three runs. On the season, De Leon owns a 3.83 ERA and 1.14 WHIP with 66 strikeouts in 51.2 innings. De Leon, who was a breakout prospect in 2014, is the Dodgers top pitching prospect behind Julio Urias and has the upside to become a top-of-the-rotation starter.

19 hours ago, exaulz said:

Ugh is right...if not now for De Leon, then when? 

They might wait until September so they get full use of him in playoffs. They have made a very conscious effort to keep his inning workload low.  I suspect it is so they can get full use out of him down the stretch and in postseason. 

Rich Hill was just scratched from his start and they will need someone for Monday @ PHI so the De Leon watch is back on. 

7 minutes ago, exaulz said:

Rich Hill was just scratched from his start and they will need someone for Monday @ PHI so the De Leon watch is back on. 

If he starts tonight for aaa. Won't see him until Friday , if at all.

That game starts in 3 hours. I'm thinking there would be a report about him being pulled by now. Warmups will be getting underway in an hour and a half or so. There would be a feel for there being an emergency starter around the park if there was one.

Not looking good.

Dodgers making it very clear they aren't going to call him up. That's two perfect opportunities for him to join the club and they aren't going for it.

1 hour ago, Steelers0087 said:

Is he injured?

Read in his thread that he left while pitching to Price after being wild all day. Can't find an injury update to confirm and I wasn't watching myself...

I watched, he was all over the place. Throwing balls behind batters and all. Didn't see an injury but can't imagine they throw him out there in 5 days to start a game for the Dodgers. Could be the opening.

11 minutes ago, blinkfan77 said:

Another great start Friday...McCarthy to go on DL...Stripling will end up with the spot.

Probably but Jose deserves a shot.

20 hours ago, Steelers0087 said:

So Brandon McCarthy and Brett Anderson are hurt. But rich hill and bud Norris might be coming back?

I think they signed Orel herschiser.