fletch44

Michael Kopech - P CHW

28 minutes ago, osb_tensor said:

Id love to see him get a shot, but I can't imagine he's up before super two. They're obviously not going anywhere this season, why [potentially] waste the long money..

When is the Super 2 date for him?

1 hour ago, Shortnphat said:

When is the Super 2 date for him?

I think the generally accepted timeframe is somewhere around 65 days into the season. It moves yearly, but that's in the ballpark, no pun intended. 

1 hour ago, rrrrich46 said:

Gonzalez to the DL. Any chance he gets the call??

They need a starter tomorrow, and that would be 3 days rest for Kopech, so I doubt he's taking that turn.  Maybe the second start though?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, JFS179 said:

They need a starter tomorrow, and that would be 3 days rest for Kopech, so I doubt he's taking that turn.  Maybe the second start though?

Thats what I was thinking as well. Not sure who else they have to fill the spot..

10 minutes ago, rrrrich46 said:

Thats what I was thinking as well. Not sure who else they have to fill the spot..

They called up the guy in the same move - Beck.

5 minutes ago, JFS179 said:

They called up the guy in the same move - Beck.

He's reliever though, my guess is they are thinking about...but who knows!

From Rotographs, FWIW...

Michael Kopech, RHP, White Sox: Looking at pitchers this early is dangerous due to the incredibly small sample size, but hey why not? Kopech came over to the White Sox from the Red Sox in the Chris Sale deal and this might go down as one of those trades that helped everyone involved. Yoan Moncada was widely considered the key to the deal but Kopech is quickly showing that he might be the real steal. And I’ll admit, I probably have to eat some crow here as I thought he might end up in the bullpen. But he’s advanced extremely well in the past 12-15 months with more command and better secondary offerings. He’s looked good in the early going with 21 strikeouts and just five walks in 15 innings. Even better, he has yet to allow a home run and has been inducing ground balls at a higher-than-average rate. He could give the battered White Sox rotation some relief during the summer months.

Edited by herschel
  • Like 1

Hector Santiago or Chris Volstad are expected to make a spot start for the White Sox on Tuesday against the Mariners.

Damnit!!!!

I don't know, guys. He's been making steady progress with his control starting at the ASB last year. I'd hate to see him take a developmental step backwards by being called up too early. The super-two cutoff is typically what, 65 days into the season each year, give or take? So, May 31?  Eight starts of dominance to hone that command and build his confidence, followed by a June 1 call-up and four months of fantasy dividends. Deal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, amcsoldier said:

I don't know, guys. He's been making steady progress with his control starting at the ASB last year. I'd hate to see him take a developmental step backwards by being called up too early. The super-two cutoff is typically what, 65 days into the season each year, give or take? So, May 31?  Eight starts of dominance to hone that command and build his confidence, followed by a June 1 call-up and four months of fantasy dividends. Deal.

Very well stated. 

BUT WE NEEDS THAT ROOKIE NOOKIE!!!??

10 minutes ago, legia13 said:

6 IP 1 ER (1h) 2BB  8k today.   I think 3 more good starts and he's up. 

Sweet. Nice ratios n Ks. Me likey

Can't see any reason why the Sox would call him up before Super 2, regardless of his AAA performance. Hopefully we'll be seeing him in June. 

Have him stashed already in my keeper league but patiently watching on redraft....when he is called up it will be too late to get him off the wire...Im assuming it will be a late May/early June call up so targeting mid May to pick up.  

• Like 1

Dont be fooled by the Sox brass or one less than stellar outing.

He is ready, they are just waiting to save $$. 

He is already probably their  3rd best SP lol