fletch44

Michael Kopech - P CHW

Some reputable Sox twitter personalities (Bilek, WSD) are hinting at something big for Saturday. Gonna be Kopech vs. Cubs?

Also, Kopech scratched from Thursday start in Charlotte.

Smoke...fire. 

From White sox board that I frequent...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CrypTviLL said:

Some reputable Sox twitter personalities (Bilek, WSD) are hinting at something big for Saturday. Gonna be Kopech vs. Cubs?

Also, Kopech scratched from Thursday start in Charlotte.

Smoke...fire. 

From White sox board that I frequent...

Still my beating heart!! Don't tease.

3 minutes ago, rrrrich46 said:

Still my beating heart!! Don't tease.

It's very possible that he won't get called up... I can't imagine them doing it against the cubs in such a pressure filled environment... but the w'sox boards are filled with the smoke from the tweets and Kopech missing his start or what not. 

7 minutes ago, CrypTviLL said:

It's very possible that he won't get called up... I can't imagine them doing it against the cubs in such a pressure filled environment... but the w'sox boards are filled with the smoke from the tweets and Kopech missing his start or what not. 

In Wrigley? Yeah that's less than ideal. Still, being scratched is something...Dude is already probably the #2 SP there.  

Who's the main beat writer for them?

verrryyyyy interesting

anyone got any info on how the big league rotation is looking for whose place hes taking or anything on why he might have been scratched?

18 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

verrryyyyy interesting

anyone got any info on how the big league rotation is looking for whose place hes taking or anything on why he might have been scratched?

The Pale Hose rotation is garbage. Kopech is already the second best SP they have! 

• Haha 1

Yes -- The white sox rotation is useless and not a worry. 

Apparently he did NOT miss his 'scheduled' start yet, but instead they have no one listed on what should be his scheduled start of Friday.

Kopech is posting something cryptic as well to add to the mystery:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rrrrich46 said:

The Pale Hose rotation is garbage. Kopech is already the second best SP they have! 

u mean to tell me there is actually somebody better than currently in the rotation??

Just now, nygiantsfan913 said:

u mean to tell me there is actually somebody better than currently in the rotation??

Could argue Reynaldo Lopez is better at the MLB level at this moment, I suppose.

That would be the only argument tho. 

there's a lot of smoke. but none from any real sources. It's all fan chatter based around pitching schedule change. However, if he were to pitch Friday in the minors it would be on regular rest. 

• Like 2

Yes -- appears to be a false alarm. Sigh.

Why in the world would the Sox bring him up now when waiting ~27 days saves them an arb year? 

They have a D-H on June 5. Good chance either he or Rodon makes their first start of the year that day. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sleepysock said:

Why in the world would the Sox bring him up now when waiting ~27 days saves them an arb year? 

They have a D-H on June 5. Good chance either he or Rodon makes their first start of the year that day. 

I don’t see him up anytime soon.  He has specific things to be working on and he hasn’t been doing them efficiently.  White Sox aren’t going to call him up to tax a bullpen.  They got many guys in rotation to do that.  He needs to work on command and his changeup.  Once you see those things being decent multiple in a row then start speculating on a call up.  I own him in 3 keeper leagues and I’m not expecting him up before July and even then I feel thats a stretch.  

36 minutes ago, rrrrich46 said:

Another starter blown up today.

Tick tock.

They aren't trying to win. Another blow up will do nothing to adjust Kopech's big league time frame. Pretty much I agree with what @Cmilne23 said right above you. They want to continue harnessing the command, along with the multiple other factors most can bring up with service time etc. 

2 hours ago, Shortnphat said:

Yuck! Not a very good showing tonight.

78325D58-1199-4449-AC14-5E26ACBC6E3E.jpeg

Well, that certainly doesn't scream "call me up!"

Kopech is monkeying around with his changeup and obviously, it isn't working out very well. He doesn't need that pitch to be successful in the bigs. It's something he can tinker with a lot now at AAA, and then play with less so in game with the White Sox, working on it during off days and in the offseason. 

Early June is still his ETA IMO. 

Edited by sleepysock