fletch44

Michael Kopech - P CHW

1 hour ago, rrrrich46 said:

IMO this means nothing. Covey isnt going to start. 

?

From the linked post:

Covey . . . .made one start with the Sox on April 28 against Kansas City . . . .

. . . Carlos Rodon is making his first rehab start at Class A Kannapolis on Saturday, so the Sox really only have to fill Fulmer’s spot for one or two more starts before inserting Rodon back into the rotation

It looks to me like the Sox are positioning to bring Kopech along on his (their) own schedule. As an owner, I'm taking from this article not to pay much attention to "opportunity" from injuries or demotion. When the team is ready to bring him up they will make room. Until that moment (whether it's a service-time call or a baseball call) I can take my SP, AAA and like him on my bench.

5 hours ago, bdy1 said:

?

From the linked post:

Covey . . . .made one start with the Sox on April 28 against Kansas City . . . .

. . . Carlos Rodon is making his first rehab start at Class A Kannapolis on Saturday, so the Sox really only have to fill Fulmer’s spot for one or two more starts before inserting Rodon back into the rotation

It looks to me like the Sox are positioning to bring Kopech along on his (their) own schedule. As an owner, I'm taking from this article not to pay much attention to "opportunity" from injuries or demotion. When the team is ready to bring him up they will make room. Until that moment (whether it's a service-time call or a baseball call) I can take my SP, AAA and like him on my bench.

Rodon? Not exactly a shoe in to pitch well. Their whole rotation is embarassing. 

22 minutes ago, rrrrich46 said:

Rodon? Not exactly a shoe in to pitch well. Their whole rotation is embarassing. 

I don't think it matters if he pitches well or not. It's the fact that he's a justifiable pitcher to use instead of calling up kopech. 

43 minutes ago, osb_tensor said:

I don't think it matters if he pitches well or not. It's the fact that he's a justifiable pitcher to use instead of calling up kopech. 

That depends on your definition lol, but I get your point. They are waiting til past Super 2

31 minutes ago, herschel said:

so no sign of a call up any time soon?

Super 2 waiting game. 

I refuse to believe he'd produce a line worse than what Giolito just gave them today. Like others have said, I think we can simply put this callup on a timer. There is nobody in that rotation blocking him. 

• Like 1

So apparently in his start yesterday he debuted his curve ball, a pitch he had previously not used. Was able to command it in the zone and induce some whiffs with it. This is good for his future development and for an imminent call-up.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, High&Inside said:

So apparently in his start yesterday he debuted his curve ball, a pitch he had previously not used. Was able to command it in the zone and induce some whiffs with it. This is good for his future development and for an imminent call-up.

imminent as in friday saturday or sunday?  lol, I screwed up my moves and will only have 4 starts in a minimum 5 start per week.  need him now please.

I am high on Kopech .. I am just hoping he doesn’t become Glasnow 2.0. Glasnow was electric in the minors with some control issues. Guy can’t even hold it together in the bullpen...anyways, it looks like super 2 for Kopech

Is he worth picking up and stashing in a standard H2H league?  I know most of you are in dynasty leagues.

I feel he might get called up real soon, and don't wanna be on the outside looking in.

39 minutes ago, Zerzavy said:

Is he worth picking up and stashing in a standard H2H league?  I know most of you are in dynasty leagues.

I feel he might get called up real soon, and don't wanna be on the outside looking in.

If you have a bench spot, absolutely

On 5/24/2018 at 6:15 PM, Zerzavy said:

On 5/24/2018 at 6:55 PM, Steelers72 said:

If you have a bench spot, absolutely

Absolutely should take a flier on him if you have room/ability to stash for another month. 

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/ct-spt-white-sox-michael-kopech-meditation-mindset-20180531-story.html

Fun.  Apparently he's a man of two minds: (1) scattered, strong, competitive to the point of doubt and distraction, (2) relaxed, in the moment, super-dominant perfection-boy.  Guess which Mike lives in the strike zone.  So since the suspension he's all up on a meditation practice -- tapping his "mind fire", finding his "flow state" -- command is mental, athletic self-help lit, yada yada. Hit on it pretty young, so I'm dying to see how it works out (assuming dedication, 'cause dedication seems like his default setting).  Anyway, (CSB) I was about to offer him up for Taillon and his new slider in dynasty, but I've decided to hold for the sake of groovy-ness.

FWIW pre suspension he's 5.0 BB/9 over 135 innings, post suspension 4.36 BB/9 over 185.2 innings. Meh for mindfulness, but in my experience this kind of progress clicks into place as often as it comes about incrementally.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Steelers72 said:

Hopefully soon he gets the call

A dominant outing today might do the trick if the Sox believe Super Two will have passed by the time his next start rolls around.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, meh2 said:

A dominant outing today might do the trick if the Sox believe Super Two will have passed by the time his next start rolls around.

2ip, 7ER, 5H, 4BB, 2k is not what I had in mind.

4 hours ago, meh2 said:

call him up. he already fits in with giolito and lopez with a line like that

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, meh2 said:

ERA now up to near 5.  Michael may not be getting a call anytime soon at this point.  

11 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

ERA now up to near 5.  Michael may not be getting a call anytime soon at this point.  

I’m actually ok with that considering how many 5 ERA guys I already own...