Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DocJ

2015 Rotoworld Mock Real League

When the only knock on a player is "sophomore slump bro", he's that good

Chronic hammy issues...

you scared, cowboys fan?

:D

When the only knock on a player is "sophomore slump bro", he's that good

Chronic hammy issues...

Agreed... just like Isaac Bruce.

Couldn't keep his quad from blowing up his hammies for the first couple seasons of his career, until his body matured a bit more.

Hopefully, his training regimen is preparing him for these things.

P.S. Never overly concerned about a mild anything in the off-season... just talking heads chattering.

Should we email him via yahoo?

do it

Done. Hey we never heard from deadpool about what his inbox looks like being subscribed to this thread. I'm guessing he uses a throwaway account for fantasy football.

Well I wasn't set up for instant alerts, I'll be enjoying the deluge of emails now ha.

It's not my primary email.

With Odell, the scary part is something FFC posted awhile back in his thread. The hamstring issues are related to a back issue he had in high school. My concern is it could be a recurring issue with him.

"As P05 mentioned, but this is more about the discussion being had during the video. It refers to both of his hamstring tears last year, as well as the fact he found out they seem to be related to an injury he had in High School where he fractured 2 bones in his back, and he goes on to admit that it's causing issue recently with the nerves in his back not reacting properly, and how his body compensates for the lack of nerve receptors on his left side, and how his body over compensates and stresses the opposite side of his body, down through his hips and legs."

and yet he starred at an sec school and was a 1st round draft pick that set the NFL on fire

I think he'll be ok.

But he isn't okay. He's injured... again.

For the 3rd time in the last 12 months.

All the exact same 'soft muscle tissue' type injuries.

Let's overreact because he sat out of workouts and is on track for day 1 of camp and is still training and has said on numerous occasions he'd be playing if it actually mattered

I'll care when he's missing camp. Which there's no reason to believe will happen.

Let's overreact because he sat out of workouts and is on track for day 1 of camp and is still training and has said on numerous occasions he'd be playing if it actually mattered

I'll care when he's missing camp. Which there's no reason to believe will happen.

I've seen this story before. Miles Austin comes to mind quickly.

I'll take the upside gamble.

I don't think it's crazy to take ODB in the first round given his upside, but I do think there is more risk than people let on due to the fact that his back is causing the hamstring issues.

I think OBJ will be dominant. Target monster.

Hopefully Cruz can be 75% of what he used to be for them.

He really has age on his side too right now, if we're having this convo 5 years from now I'd be way more nervous.

He's six years out of high school and his body is maturing. If the "condition" chases you away from drafting, then it is as good a reason as any. I saw nothing in his game last year or in college that gives me immediate pause. Comparing to austin is cherry picking a chronic problem, but is useful as an extreme comparison.... On the other side of the comparison would be Isaac Bruce and a hall of fame career.

I'd say the pick up was early, but we all know he wasn't getting back to me. I wanted a top WR from my spot in the draft and I got one. The othe guys are great, but they got bugs, too.

With Odell, the scary part is something FFC posted awhile back in his thread. The hamstring issues are related to a back issue he had in high school. My concern is it could be a recurring issue with him.

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=502387&p=5559998

"As P05 mentioned, but this is more about the discussion being had during the video. It refers to both of his hamstring tears last year, as well as the fact he found out they seem to be related to an injury he had in High School where he fractured 2 bones in his back, and he goes on to admit that it's causing issue recently with the nerves in his back not reacting properly, and how his body compensates for the lack of nerve receptors on his left side, and how his body over compensates and stresses the opposite side of his body, down through his hips and legs."

This is something that's probably much more concerning to Dynasty owners, as opposed to redraft this year. But good to note nonetheless (like LeSean McCoy's turf toe last season).

He never really logs in until draft time.

He hasn't even posted in this thread yet, and is by far the least active of all 14 members of this league, he doesn't even post on these forums at all anymore as far as I can tell. No offense intended, but I'm not sure why he's even in a league of this nature. Pretty sure he drafted and disappeared last year as well right? yeah August 9th. So basically since last years draft ended, he hasn't returned to these forums once.

Glancing at cock's blast from the past, I recommended SenatorSpaceman, Dreams and Dwightmares, and mmrodi last year. I'd ad RMJ to that list this year, but haven't seen mmrodi around at all. joshua is extremely opinionated, and while I'm not a fan of his mannerisms, he backs up his standpoint, to a fault even. pikerbkb, Ol Blues, GottaGetTheWin, mrblonde1984, are a few alternatives that come to mind.

On a funnier note, Cock also lead me to this gem:

Thanks to Robrain and A&L's complete failures at drafting, I somehow managed to obtain the #8 WR on my board at the #27 pick. I can't say enough thanks. Cobb is the Apple of Rodgers' eye, and was on pace last year to reach 112 catches, 1,547 yards and 11 Touchdowns. That would have equated to 332.7 1PPR points (We're .5) and would have lead the entire WR position. Ashes drafted Cruz on the hope that he's this year's Cobb, but with the real Cobb on the board and not having to rely on the turnover monster previously known as Eli Manning. "Vic Ketchman of the Packers' official website believes Randall Cobb could lead the league in receptions this season." On top of that this year Green Bay has vied to remove Cobb from special teams, which says exactly what their thoughts are, on using him on offense. With James Jones gone, there's reason to believe Cobb can be an absolute monster in 2014.

FFCollusion...................... 2.13 Randall Cobb, WR, Green Bay Packers

cobb is nothing but a what if ... his best year < cruz's worse so far.

:ph34r:

It doesn't matter to me what we do about it. DocJ will chime in sometime today with his opinion.

But he obviously checks his email because he's been added to the league on yahoo. My guess is he's just been waiting until the 27th. Or maybe you're right and he's forgotten about it.

P.S. If you allow Slaptastics or Psygolf in the league, I swear to god I'm out.