tm30

AJ Reed - 1B HOU

If you're in a redraft league where only 2-4 prospects at most should have been drafted on draft day, you were probably looking at Reed, Glasnow, Turner, and Giolito. Basically unless you picked up Mazara, who really wasn't owned in many or any leagues on draft day in redraft leagues, your prospect has given you nothing. I don't see the big deal.

• Like 5

The DL stint may be the best thing for him as it will give the opportunity to hit the re-set button. Nothing is blocking his way, keep the faith.

The drama about how bad he has been is so overblown.

Sure, he hasn't been a monster, but his numbers in a small sample size is not a disaster. If someone dropped him in a league I would be all over him.

• Like 1

Sure, he hasn't been a monster, but his numbers in a small sample size is not a disaster. If someone dropped him in a league I would be all over him.

Just before he went on the DL, most on here, were saying he was "raking". LOL. He is somewhere in between being a bust and raking.

How can a 23 year old who hasn't had his first major league AB be a bust ? smh.

How can a 23 year old who hasn't had his first major league AB be a bust ? smh.

He means for this year only

what kind of league?

what kind of league?

12 team or deeper or any keeper league. You can wait in a 10 team.

what kind of league?

In a 12 team redraft he's a must add if dropped?

what kind of league?

In a 12 team redraft he's a must add if dropped?

My opinion, like I said above, I would be all over him in a 12 team as I think his upside is significant compared to what is on the wire. Some may not feel that way so I wouldn't call him a must add and I can understand not jumping all over a minor leaguer. I just believe in his abiltiy and believe people are overreacting to a subpar first 100 abs in the minor leagues.

Nothing definitive but saw on Twitter the Astros beat writer thought they were just easing him back in and they tend to do that with newly activated guys.

.799 OPS at the moment, albeit in only 29 games. Still pretty underwhelming though, especially for PCL.

I still have high hopes. The Astros have wayyy too much Tyler White and Marwin Gonzalez going on. This guy should slot in as a classic #4 hitter, and should have metric buttloads of RBI opportunities. All logic suggests the Reed Plane is landing soon.

Edited by ChicksDigTheOPS

.799 OPS at the moment, albeit in only 29 games. Still pretty underwhelming though, especially for PCL.

I still have high hopes. The Astros have wayyy too much Tyler White and Marwin Gonzalez going on. This guy should slot in as a classic #4 hitter, and should have metric buttloads of RBI opportunities. All logic suggests the Reed Plane is landing soon.

The PCL myth is pretty overt blown.

Only 7 parks have a positive park factor for runs, 11 are negative. One of the 7 above is at 1.006, so only 6 of 18 are really hitter friendly by runs. Really only a couple stadiums that are crazy. Alberque NM is nutty.

Reed plays in a slightly negative, but neutral field in Fresno.

http://m.milb.com/news/article/2014020366858162

He had a .902 OPS in April with 5 HR's, then was mired in a 6 for 34 slump in May before the hamstring injury so the numbers haven't had a chance to progress to the mean yet. He was 1 for 2 with a walk in his return yesterday, so hopefully the time off helped him clear the cobwebs as well.

Thanks, because I was right on the fringe of losing my composure.

• Like 1

Getting shutout by a loser. How much longer are they going to run the same garbage lineup out before making some moves?

Edited by Cmilne23

Getting shutout by a loser. How much longer are they going to run the same garbage lineup out before making some moves?

What exactly is Reed showing right now you that makes you think he'll be any better than what's currently up in the big leagues?