Italian_guy

Brent Honeywell - SP TB

9 hours ago, Ace_King said:

You guys still holding in dynasty or moving on to a guy like Nate Pearson?

I don't think many leagues have this as an option. Pearson should be owned everywhere. I am holding on Honeywell and here is why. We will basically know what he is in 12 months. Either he recovers (physically, his stuff & mentally) or he doesn't. To me that is an easy decision to make within one year. If he recaptures his upside the opportunity cost of 1 year is well worth it. Most prospects don't make an impact and most have higher opportunity costs with longer roster times. This isn't ideal, but it isn't like he had to get TJ again and be on the shelf until 2021. 

To people saying he is made of glass or he needs to retire...I just don't get it. He had TJ. That is par for the course. He fractured his elbow. That is the only injury that is out of the ordinary. He is a competitor and I don't think competitors walk away at the first signs of adversity. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah everything is format dependent and all, but this feels like a pretty fluke thing and it will give his UCL an almost unprecedented amount of healing time. IF he can start picking a ball up in Jan and have a semi normal ST he should not need much more than a couple months of minors time. He was basically ready for the bigs when he blew out originally. I only have one share, but I am holding all season and will re-evaluate next March based on reports. 

13 hours ago, Ace_King said:

You guys still holding in dynasty or moving on to a guy like Nate Pearson?

I do believe this is 3 major injuries in a row for him and like they say 3 strikes and your out.

Theres always a chance he'll become something but at this point you should not expect it and just cut your loses.

13 minutes ago, Fantasy Monk said:

I do believe this is 3 major injuries in a row for him and like they say 3 strikes and your out.

Theres always a chance he'll become something but at this point you should not expect it and just cut your loses.

3? he had TJ and this elbow fracture can probably be somewhat attributed due to having TJ, so really just one major injury that came with complications which isnt surprising for TJ

• Like 1

Starting to throw again... anyone taking any dart throws on him? Trying to choose between him Baz and Hall for my last minors spot

Another elbow op...doesn't sound 'major' per se, but jeez this guy is looking like a real long shot. He was so MLB ready, most other teams and all this rehab would be a lot better compensated and accruing service time...stinks for the kid.

• Like 3

So much for my misplaced optimism that the shutdown should at least mean no bad pitcher news for a few months.

On 5/21/2020 at 2:07 PM, ST. STEVEN said:

Another elbow op...doesn't sound 'major' per se, but jeez this guy is looking like a real long shot. He was so MLB ready, most other teams and all this rehab would be a lot better compensated and accruing service time...stinks for the kid.

It is unfortunate for Honeywell. I don't know how his most recent elbow issue affects him long term but I read the odds of a long career were already stacking against him because of his previous elbow issues.

That was based on previous SP's who had the same elbow issues and how they fared.

I'm personally rooting for Honeywell because I hate to see players who have opportunities cut short because of injury and not performance.