Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bgar15

Best Draft Position in 2015?

I have the option to pick any draft spot I want this year.

Where is your favorite draft position in a 12 team .5 PPR league, and why? (1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1FLEX).

I can't ever remember there being less of a consensus order at the top of the draft than this year.

Isn't there a thread very similar to this already.

New to the football boards so I haven't seen it. Feel free to send along if you find it.

I am in a 10 Team redraft league & I have the #1 overall pick

who should I take ?

L.Bell

J.Charles

E.Lacey

A.Peterson

M.Lynch

Other ???

All feedback greatly appreciated !!!

I would prefer to draft last this year. Not sure about a 10, but in a 12 or 14 team league I'd prefer to be last and get a shot at a CJ/ODB combo or something of that nature. Lots of value late first early 2nd rounds.

I would prefer to draft last this year. Not sure about a 10, but in a 12 or 14 team league I'd prefer to be last and get a shot at a CJ/ODB combo or something of that nature. Lots of value late first early 2nd rounds.

But you're losing out on an elite 3rd player most likely.

Top 3 picks are ridiculious this year. You get an elite workhorse rb. And in the back end picks you can pick up two wr1s. I drafted recently and got Adrian Peterson. Aj green. And then Cobb my first three picks. Pretty simple and easy

6 or 7 in 12 team is best pick you have more chance to pick guys that fall since you pick more often between picks (when you pick 1st or last there are 24 picks between your picks

you get more steals

Top 3 picks are ridiculious this year. You get an elite workhorse rb. And in the back end picks you can pick up two wr1s. I drafted recently and got Adrian Peterson. Aj green. And then Cobb my first three picks. Pretty simple and easy

Agree with this. If I have a choice of any slot, I would go with #3. That way I get LeVeon, Jamaal, or AP, any of which is very likely a nice advantage on the rest of the field . Happy with any of those picks and #3 gets me back to my next pick sooner that 1 or 2, so I would go with #3. This way, I am assured of three studs to start off the draft....nice solid base.

People often overlook the importance of the early third round pick in this discussion (and every round after that). You still want a pick in the top half of the draft.

People often overlook the importance of the early third round pick in this discussion (and every round after that). You still want a pick in the top half of the draft.

I also agree with this. ODJ/Julio is great, but your stuck with a late 3rd rounder where likely all the top 15 RBs are gone.

I just did a 10 team mock at #4 and ended up with Charles, Megatron, and Cobb as my first 3 picks.

Um, I'll take that. I like 1-5 because it gets you a stud RB and then a WR1 in the 2nd.

Did a few mocks today (10 man/Non PPR) and I'm in love with picks 3-5. You can easily lock down a stud RB and and at least one, 50/50 chance at two elite WR. Picked at 3 and ended up with AP/DT/Demarco/Cooks/Brees/Kelce/Watkins. Picked at 4 and ended up with Lacy/Jordy/TY/LMurray/Manning/Kelce/Maclin. Picked at 5 (pick 3 took Dez so kind of an iffy draft) and got Lacy/DT/Jeffrey/Morris/Wilson (steal at 45)/Kelce/Gurley. I would be happy with any of these lineups. Nice to get a possible TE2 candidate in the 6th round each time lol. You really fill out a balanced roster if you get a pick between 3-5.

I only play in 12 team leagues, and I always favor being in the middle (picks 5, 6 or 7). It just seems conducive to my willingness to see where value falls on draft day. I just let players come to me; I seldom "target" players, other than maybe having 3 or 4 options in my mind for each upcoming round as the draft is playing out.

bgar15.

I like the top 5.

5 being my favorite. you can pick whoevers left from the lacy,ap,charles,bell,lynch pack and at 20, like cubbie5150 said you have a shot at a stud WR like Green or even calvin johnson, than at 29 you have your pick between either a nice wr2 like evans,benjamin or hopkins or you can go another solid rb2 like morris, gordon or forsett. usually..