Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kremasti97

ANDERSON AT #5

i dont know if this topic has been discussed and i know there must be some CJ Anderson thread somewhere in here but what are your thoughts about taking CJ Anderson as your first round #5 pick?

lynch seems to be the back that is available there in most standard formats but he has a degree of risk there with age and volume.

anderson just seems to be in a perfect spot with Manning and Kubiak. Theres a lot of hype with him right now.

looked at the espn consistency rankings and the guy started 8 games but was ranked top 5 at the position 6 times out of those 8 starts. thats just a ridiculous ratio.

was it a fluke? a product of mannings offense? can he be counted on to produce at the same pace again in that offense?

theres a lot of question marks there but this seems to be the type of guy who could have a ridiculous year if the hype is legit.

Not sure how people could view Lynch as more of a risk than Anderson, but to each their own. I don't buy into the age/workload crap, some players have proven to be durable and have proven that they can take care of their bodies long after they were "supposed" to decline. Look at Frank Gore, who is 32 with 2,800 career touches and hasn't missed a game in 4 years. Sure, many players do hit a wall and decline rapidly, but there are exceptions to every rule, and Lynch seems primed to be one of them. He showed no signs of slowing down last year, so I don't think it's likely that he breaks down/rapidly declines. Even if he declines a bit, it's not like he's going to fall off a cliff. If he goes from 15 ppg to 13, he's still a RB1. I find Lynch to be the safest of the top 5 RBs because he has the most durable track record and has been a top 5 fantasy RB for 4 consecutive seasons.

CJ Anderson is my pick... Higher risk, but much higher upside. I take the upside all day. Peyton is getting old. DEN will run more, providing CJ w/ a ton of touches.

You cannot go wrong though. Flip a coin.

CJ Anderson is my pick... Higher risk, but much higher upside. I take the upside all day. Peyton is getting old. DEN will run more, providing CJ w/ a ton of touches.

You cannot go wrong though. Flip a coin.

You can certainly go wrong. As the old adage goes, you can't win your draft in the first 2 rounds, but you can lose it.

Marshawn Lynch is more risky than CJ Anderson? Please correct my if I'm wrong but Anderson didn't really go against any tough run defenses did he? I believe the Rams and Bills were the two toughest ones and rushing wise he was bad against them. He did have over 80 receiving yards against the Rams though.

Who's more risky a RB that just took over and put up great numbers against average to bad defenses or a guy who has rushed for over 1200 yards with at least 11 rushing TDs per season?

And Marshawn Lynch has shown absolutely no signs of slowing down.

I do think CJ Anderson is a good running back and will have a good year, no way he's the safer pick though.

Yeah, Lynch really gives you a nice floor. There's a lot of sense in favoring that in the early rounds. He'd be my pick over CJ- just.

In drafts, I like reliability early, upside late. I take Lynch over Anderson easy.

I take Lynch because you know you're getting RB1 productivity. But I wouldn't fault you for Anderson. I wouldn't be surprised if CJ was the #1 RB this year, and I think his ceiling is slightly higher than Marshawn.