Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kremasti97

ANDERSON/LYNCH/HILL AT #5

ive posted a few different scenarios on the #5 pick in my unique league where we reward wr/rb and te extra points for yards above 100 and length of td.

ive posed the question whether going with anderson was a viable option at 5 instead of lynch. i dont expect either of bell or lacy to be there (although charles may be) and was looking for feedback from the forum members on anderson.

however, in reading materials on various sites and participating in a number of mock drafts, Jeremy Hill is starting to creep up into the middle to late first. i didnt see him play much last year but all i see is positive hype about him and the cincy o-line.

dialogue i wanted to foster is as follows: is hill a legit candidate for a #5 pick. his floor in that offense seems to be 1300 rushing/250 receiving with about a dozen tds. could this guy do better than that?

is he draftable over lynch and anderson?

thoughts?

Man thats a tough call. I really dont know what to say. I would be content with any of those guys. Obviously you hope that Charles/Lacy/Bell is somehow available and that solves that problem. Even Brown may be a good pick for you, if your league gives extra pts for high yardage and TD's. Brown should be a monster this year.

If Charles is available I pick him every time. Given that I dont trust AP I would pick him first over even Bell given the suspension.

After that it does become a tougher call. Does your league have any PPR? Even at 0.5 Lynch is not a pass catcher, Hill catches some but I wouldnt expect more than 200 yards on 40 receptions, Anderson I think is going to catch quite a few passes, 400 yards on 60 receptions wouldnt surprise me.

I think lynch will end up with the most yards, but with grahmn on seattle now I think his TD production goes down. Im not 100% sold on Hill b/c I think bernard still gets 30-40% of the carries on that team at least for the first half of the season.

CJ Anderson

Lynch

Hill

I have a hard time trusting Broncos RBs anymore. Anderson could have a great year but with the 5th overall pick I'd prefer to have someone with a bit more stability. Lynch could be considered the safest although you just never know when guys end up breaking down. Hill really came on in the 2nd half and probably has the most upside of the three but a little less of a stranglehold on the job. I'd probably go with Lynch but wouldn't fault you for choosing one of the other two.

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=531842

this is non ppr so receptions dont count.

big plays are huge in our league.

lynch is for sure the safest pick based on history but anderson and/or hill have upside with hill primed for a possible 300 carry season.

gio is great in space but doesnt have the power to break through the way hill apparently had last year.

Redraft league? Lynch, CJ, Hill in that order for me...... keeper? CJ, Hill.

I'd go with Lynch, then Hill, then CJ Anderson. I'm not big on CJ Anderson at all, Lynch is steadfast and Seattle will move the ball better with Jimmy Graham to throw to (leading to more rushing TDs), and Jeremy Hill looked great last year and I expect he'll be at least as good this year with Gio catching balls and AJ Green in good health.

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=531811