Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Al.Davis

An Embarrassment of Riches

OK I have 9th pick in 12 man league, standard scoring, all TDs worth 6. Can only keep 2 of these, last column is their cost to keep:

Latavius Murray RB 18

Davante Adams WR 18

Travis Kelce TE 13

Carlos Hyde RB 8

Jordan Matthews WR 8

Eddie Lacy RB 4

Demaryius Thomas WR 2

Gronk TE 1

Gronk, DT, nor Lacy would ever make it back to me at #9.

Current plan is to keep Lacy and Latavius....though I keep thinking how much I like owning Gronk.

As posted in the Gronk thread, I think he's a no-brainer 1st round pick this year - but how much more than that is he worth if you have to burn one of two keepers on him?

Let me know who you keep and why - thanks!

lacy and gronk but DT is right there. But id keep lacy and gronk.

can you trade players i dont know if the guy who has brown or julio would trade 2 for one since you have so many good players

Lacy and Matthews seem like the best values.
Matthews may enter the 2nd round conversation this time next year
If this Jordy injuy proves to be serious though, I like Adams. He'll be a WR1 if Jordy is indeed out.

Thanks boys!

UCanTry - Sadly I cannot trade players - we only get to keep 2 each year and the rest go back into the pool. We nearly had it agreed to be able to trade players for draft picks a few years ago, but my league is old and resists change so it never made it.

I like Matthews a whole lot this year - problem is I also like Murray and Zeus and Gronk and DT and maybe Adams etc!!

Is Gronk really worth a WR1 such as TY Hilton plus a Latavius Murray in the 18th or Kelce in 13th or Jordan Matthews in 8th?

I never mind paying for quality (and at the end of the day you only care who's on your team - not how much you paid for them) but this price tag sounds STEEP.

Price tag to keep Gronk even steeper now that it would cost a Davante Adams 18th round keeper. What to do?

As good as a situation it looks for Davante at this moment, there is definitely a level of uncertainty there. He is NOT Jordy Nelson and is not guaranteed WR1 stats. I would be shocked if he didnt hold significant value this season though.

It comes down to keeping the best players you can -- keeping best value. Lacy is a top 5 pick, but also isn't the best "value" since he still costs a relatively high price. So with Davante, he might be good and still play like a 9th rounder.

I think theres a lot of logic to keeping Gronk and Lacy here. The alternative is Lacy, Adams (a ?) and someone worse than Gronk. Same if you keep the best value (Murray, Adams) -- you still have a lot of voids on your team.

Lacy/Gronk a safer bet, and its a deep WR year so Davante and DT can hopefully be replaced with lower draft picks. I think you can grab someone pretty good in the 2nd round, and fill-in with upside guys throughout the draft. You won't get Lacy or Gronk replacements as easily.

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=532467

I'm still w/ Billy one this one: keep Lacy and Latavius and grab like 8WRs the first 10 rounds.

Keeping Latavius in the 18th let's me 'reach' for 'my guys' by a round over ADP and not lose a thing.

I will miss Gronk though!!!!

I'd go with both packers given the Jordy situation

x2